PDA

View Full Version : New LH pitcher Cameron Tullar

Thick
08-01-2019, 06:30 AM
from Wabash Valley College is joining the good guys. Looks like he pitched 1 year, 104 innings, 16 walks. Is a four pitch guy including a slider, curve, and changeup. Anybody know much about him outside of what was posted on Twitter.

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 06:59 AM
https://youtu.be/IA_PEsto_VE

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 07:02 AM
https://twitter.com/pbr_juco/status/1046083562238332933?s=21

Thick
08-01-2019, 07:16 AM
So what do you think Shotgun?

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 07:27 AM
So what do you think Shotgun?

I really like the breaking ball here but his lack of velocity lowers his prospect status. Also only walked 16 guys in 66 IP last season.

From what I see on video, he would've been the best/most reliable lefty on this past years team. Talent wise, I could see him as a 6th-10th round type draft, particularly if he starts to get into the 89-92 range.

As far as players that we've had that he reminds me of: A better bodied, stronger Paul Urena comes to mind. His delivery, feel, the looseness of his actions are far better than Barlow even though he doesn't throw quite as hard. Could be a decent Sunday starter but also have real impact potential out of the bullpen due to that breaking ball. Could pitch backwards with it and punch guys out.

In all, this is a really good commit. Won't likely be a star for us, but should be a versatile glue piece that could throw 40-60 innings depending on the role he settles into. Lefties that can land breaking balls don't typically get hit at any level.

Saltydog
08-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Nice looking prospect but if you looked at Vandy and some of the other elite teams from last year they all seemed to have more power arms than we did.

Thick
08-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Thanks Shotgun, that’s good stuff

Count Istvan Teleky
08-02-2019, 01:13 PM
I really like the breaking ball here but his lack of velocity lowers his prospect status. Also only walked 16 guys in 66 IP last season.

From what I see on video, he would've been the best/most reliable lefty on this past years team. Talent wise, I could see him as a 6th-10th round type draft, particularly if he starts to get into the 89-92 range.

As far as players that we've had that he reminds me of: A better bodied, stronger Paul Urena comes to mind. His delivery, feel, the looseness of his actions are far better than Barlow even though he doesn't throw quite as hard. Could be a decent Sunday starter but also have real impact potential out of the bullpen due to that breaking ball. Could pitch backwards with it and punch guys out.

In all, this is a really good commit. Won't likely be a star for us, but should be a versatile glue piece that could throw 40-60 innings depending on the role he settles into. Lefties that can land breaking balls don't typically get hit at any level.

and I thought I paid good attention to things around here....