PDA

View Full Version : It is now August

starkvegasdawg
08-01-2019, 12:26 AM
We play our first football game of the season this month.

StarkVegasSteve
08-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Seems like this has been the longest offseason in my memory. But we can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 09:16 AM
We play our first football game of the season this month.

And yet there is no football to watch till later this month.

What a complete waste of television air time.

Everyone is ready. The radio guy continues to tell me "football is here", but I still have to wait a month and all I have are archaic, Moby Dick length practice reports from David Murray.

Can someone please update this 17ing process?

Scared_Hitless
08-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Man cannot wait for the season to start regardless of the outcome the world is more fun when football is happening.

On an aside I purchased Tickets from the Ticket office for the opener in NO does anyone know when tickets are usually mailed out? I wont be home for 2 weeks preceding the game.

StarkVegasSteve
08-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Man cannot wait for the season to start regardless of the outcome the world is more fun when football is happening.

On an aside I purchased Tickets from the Ticket office for the opener in NO does anyone know when tickets are usually mailed out? I wont be home for 2 weeks preceding the game.

Season tickets are usually mailed out around the midpoint of August. Generally if you order away tickets they come at the same time.

msstate7
08-01-2019, 09:42 AM
And yet there is no football to watch till later this month.

What a complete waste of television air time.

Everyone is ready. The radio guy continues to tell me "football is here", but I still have to wait a month and all I have are archaic, Moby Dick length practice reports from David Murray.

Can someone please update this 17ing process?

Nfl preseason starts tonight

Scared_Hitless
08-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Season tickets are usually mailed out around the midpoint of August. Generally if you order away tickets they come at the same time.

Thank you, guess I hope the timeline works out and I dont have to drive back home prior to the game.

Maroonthirteen
08-01-2019, 09:49 AM

I was going to say. There is technically a game every week this month.

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 09:56 AM

But there is no college football, which is ludicrous

msstate7
08-01-2019, 09:59 AM
But there is no college football, which is ludicrous

How long of a season do you want? It's already starting a week early with Florida and Miami

Dawgbite
08-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Thank you, guess I hope the timeline works out and I dont have to drive back home prior to the game.

I don't think that I have ever got my tickets more than two weeks prior to kickoff and I know a couple of years I have gotten them the week of. There is usually posters on here saying that they have received theirs up to a week before I get mine. I think a parking pass delays them being mailed.

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 10:40 AM
How long of a season do you want? It's already starting a week early with Florida and Miami

I know there are tons of customers desiring a product right now that isn't being provided.

msstate7
08-01-2019, 10:49 AM
I love the month of August sports-wise. Baseball pennant races start heating up with the newly traded players settling in with new teams. Getting first look at newly drafted/signed players in the nfl preseason. Lots of college football news from practice.

Lord McBuckethead
08-01-2019, 10:58 AM
I wish they would have a jamboree or something. Let the players get about 30 snaps under their belts in the middle of fall camp against live competition. You could play 1 team against 3 others in a 1 quarter on, 1 quarter off thing. The practice game would be 6 quarters long, but all 4 teams would get in 4 total quarters.

Team A vs Team B - First Quarter
Team C vs Team D - 2nd Quarter
Team A vs Team C - 3rd Quarter
Team B Vs Team D - 4th Quarter
Team B vs Team C - 5th Quarter
Team A vs Team D - 6th Quarter

Imagine if you paired up a team with their rival and then two other teams that the first two do not play.
UM-MSU and Oregon-Stanford with a 4 year rotation.

That would be an entertaining couple of hours.

TrapGame
08-01-2019, 11:02 AM
I know there are tons of customers desiring a product right now that isn't being provided.

Yeah, I flipped over to SECN last night about 8ish and it was college swimming...wtf! I'd rather watch paint dry.

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2019, 11:11 AM
I love the month of August sports-wise. Baseball pennant races start heating up with the newly traded players settling in with new teams. Getting first look at newly drafted/signed players in the nfl preseason. Lots of college football news from practice.

They don't cover practice properly. There's so much untapped ceiling.

R2Dawg
08-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Slightly disagree on outcome part. Any sports season is no fun when your team sucks and everyone makes fun of you. March Madness takes on another level of interest when your team is in conversation. Same with football, baseball, etc.

That said, I can't wait either because we are going to be good enough to keep up interest all year.

R2Dawg
08-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I flipped over to SECN last night about 8ish and it was college swimming...wtf! I'd rather watch paint dry.

SECN scheduling not doing the takeover is terrible. Unless you want to watch Bama, UGA, LSU or FL play.

msu15
08-01-2019, 11:38 AM

Exactly why CSS will always be better than SECN.

BuckyIsAB****
08-01-2019, 12:40 PM
They don't cover practice properly. There's so much untapped ceiling.

Na its not. Go watch these high school kids play. Its a better product anyway

msstate7
08-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Na its not. Go watch these high school kids play. Its a better product anyway

I like HS football myself, but come on Bucky... better product? Lol

BuckyIsAB****
08-01-2019, 08:48 PM
I like HS football myself, but come on Bucky... better product? Lol

It is. By far in my eyes. No corrupted by money and its football at its purest. Kids who grew up together playing for each other not to make it to the NFL

BuckyIsAB****
08-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Not to mention some of you recruiting experts who arent happy with the ''3 stars'' we get in state could go watch them yourself instead of sitting on your ass and letting some slapdick at 247 tell you how good your team will be