PDA

View Full Version : Ok this is the official hire HUD thread!!!

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I thought I'd be the first to start it. After tonight I see no reason to keep dan. Stupid coaching decisions, poor second half adjustments again!!!, just overall bad football. The talent is there, it's all on the coach imo

civildawg
10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
In this bitch

preachermatt83
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Give us HUD!!!!!!!!!!!

engie
10-24-2013, 10:05 PM
No leadership in the coaching staff. No SR or JR leadership on the field. Thank God for the young guys -- Prescott, Market, and Jones...

engie
10-24-2013, 10:07 PM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1394073_934919862775_1829793060_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602682_816781897205_463455062_n.jpg

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20131024-dloy-51kb.jpg

DownwardDawg
10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
It should be a no brainer, but we are M State. He'll be back next year. We'll go 7-5 or 6-6 next year with Mullen. Our team plays with ZERO passion. We look like we going through the motions. Other than 2 or 3 plays, their QB just stood back there all night.

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Man I done tweeted Scott and told him it's time to fire dan, if he can't his ass needs to go too. Everybody needs to tweet Scott ASAP and share our frustration

C222
10-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Man I done tweeted Scott and told him it's time to fire dan, if he can't his ass needs to go too. Everybody needs to tweet Scott ASAP and share our frustration

Please don't.

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Why not? He needs to know his job isn't safe either

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 10:12 PM
It should be a no brainer, but we are M State. He'll be back next year. We'll go 7-5 or 6-6 next year with Mullen. Our team plays with ZERO passion. We look like we going through the motions. Other than 2 or 3 plays, their QB just stood back there all night.

Yep. We are not improving. Our tackling is worse, we're getting less pressure now than we were against LSU, we only have one WR on every pass play that is actually running a route trying to get open, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,.

Oh, and I'm for Hud

hacker
10-24-2013, 10:13 PM
is that Hud's wife?

DanDority
10-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Bad thing is Scott will do nothing to better our football team, he will wear his loafers, shake hands, kiss babies and laugh all the way to the bank. Like Templeton.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2013, 10:18 PM
I wanted to wait and see how we finished the season, but I saw enough tonight. It's time.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Do it tomorrow. Why wait? Has anyone brought in another team's HC in the middle of a season before? If not let's be the first to do it. Hud might improve the recruiting class and beat USC or aTm. He'll stomp the shit out of Ole Miss and Arkansas. The players will LOVE Hudspeth. They might be sad for a day.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 10:20 PM
is that Hud's wife?

Yes

engie
10-24-2013, 10:22 PM
is that Hud's wife?

Yes.

But (who was it) told me they weren't sure if he could 'croot or not**

hacker
10-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Megan is pretty hot, but gotta give the edge to Hud in that department

fishwater99
10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Mullen is worse than Stands.

We never once threw downfield on a planned play.
Came out in 2nd half trying to pass after we had success running the ball with DAK.
Keep running the same shitty plays with perkins.
The defense got no pressure tonight.
We will not win another game this year.

Mullen needs to go....

Dawgface
10-24-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm in the Hud camp too. But I would be surprised if it gets done. And if we do scrape our a 6-6 record next year, we will probably have his ass for another one.

State82
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Mullen is worse than Stands.

We never once threw downfield on a planned play.
Came out in 2nd half trying to pass after we had success running the ball with DAK.
Keep running the same shitty plays with perkins.
The defense got no pressure tonight.
We will not win another game this year.

Mullen needs to go....

Mullen is doing his best to make Stansbury look like Coach K. It was time for Stansbury to ride off into the sunset and it is time for Mullen to do the same.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm in the Hud camp too. But I would be surprised if it gets done. And if we do scrape our a 6-6 record next year, we will probably have his ass for another one.

We just squeaked past BG and UK....AT HOME. You don't have to worry about 6 wins. We will be lucky to win 5

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 10:59 PM
It's like you almost know what's gonna happen before it does. I knew going into halftime we would come out and stink it up. It happened this whole year. And it's obviously the coaches fault and they can't get it fixed. I know how to fix it right away. We want HUD!!!!

laureldawg
10-24-2013, 11:19 PM
WE WANT HUD!!!!

Dannyripms
10-24-2013, 11:21 PM
We want HUD!!!!!!!!!!!

Op4isabitch
10-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Guys, it's time to break out the paper sacks like the Aints fans use to wear and like the Bucs fans are doing now!
Everything has regressed, from the Stadium atmosphere to the coaching and even down to the effort from the athletes!

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Ha glad you found it

Op4isabitch
10-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Ha glad you found it

Ha, I just wasn't sure all my anger could be contain in one thread**

As CD would say......" Fire the dud and bring on the Hud " or at least someone who acts like they want to be the head coach at MSU.

Dannyripms
10-25-2013, 01:02 AM
I was watching the game tonight with some bear fans and they even said that it looks like dan has lost his fire or he acts like he's gave up or just don't want to be there anymore. And I'd have to agree because it really does seem that way. I would really like to know how the locker room is. Have the players given up on him? What's the mood around the players about dan?

TrapGame
10-25-2013, 07:41 AM
I was watching the game tonight with some bear fans and they even said that it looks like dan has lost his fire or he acts like he's gave up or just don't want to be there anymore. And I'd have to agree because it really does seem that way. I would really like to know how the locker room is. Have the players given up on him? What's the mood around the players about dan?

A poster over on gene's said last night he's got a son that's a red shirt on the team and his kid has told him that the team is falling apart over the Dak/Tyler split and a strong rumor in the locker room that Mullen has been making calls networking for another job. Of course he was called a bear about fifty times.

MadDawg
10-25-2013, 08:20 AM
I thought I'd be the first to start it. After tonight I see no reason to keep dan. Stupid coaching decisions, poor second half adjustments again!!!, just overall bad football. The talent is there, it's all on the coach imo

Have I ever mentioned how much our fans suck?

civildawg
10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Did he say who the team wanted as QB? I just cant imagine the team thinks Tyler is the better qb

Dannyripms
10-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Mullen and HUD, gene and Gus comparison
Let me know your opinion on this but to me it kind of resembles each other. When HUD was here we were playing inspired football, some say it wasn't because of HUD but that's the only common difference I can find from 2010 to now. It's like when Gus left gene at auburn, the team started to go down( maybe not to the extreme of auburn). But you gotta wonder if we hire HUD next season could he have us in the same position as Gus has auburn in right now? IMO I think he could, I can see us at least competing with bama. I don't see us getting blown out with HUD as our coach.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Meh, I don't like the comparison personally, but respect the post.

The main reason they sucked when Gus left is because Gene tried to turn a spread team into a pro style offense, and it didn't work. That's also the reason Gus is having success...because Auburn made the move while the cupboard was still full...and full of spread players.

I do agree with the part of us needing to make the move now. I feel like if we make the move this year, we will be able to maintain, and possibly even improve, immediately. The schedule and talent would be very good to walk in to if you are Hud. There would be little to no adjustment period, and he would improve recruiting immediately....especially since we are tanking in recruiting this year, and a few of the good players we have committed are injured.

TrapGame
10-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Something happened after 2010 that's for sure. Since September 2011 -the AU loss- there has been a glaring problem with this team.

Dannyripms
10-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I saw last night on a tweet so take it for what it's worth. But it said that quay was kicked off team or something like that and then the coaching staff tried to get him back afterwards. Does anyone know if that's true or not?

Nicky Santoro
10-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Then we would really be screwed. I'm not just going on speculation here - I've heard from folks connected to his agent that he isn't interested if there are other jobs available where he can be "more successful." I think that means he's not interested in being in the SECW unless he's at Bama or LSU.

Anyone else here trust that Strick has a plan? I sure don't.

engie
10-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Then we would really be screwed. I'm not just going on speculation here - I've heard from folks connected to his agent that he isn't interested if there are other jobs available where he can be "more successful." I think that means he's not interested in being in the SECW unless he's at Bama or LSU.

Anyone else here trust that Strick has a plan? I sure don't.

How many girlfriends has everyone had at some point in life that they didn't really give a shit about until they break up with you -- or you start suspecting them of having something with someone else -- only to decide at that point that you damn sure really like them and want to be with them? Point being -- fear of permanent loss is as powerful a motivator as exists sociologically.

Hud is playing cards to get the MSU job right now, THIS YEAR. He campaigned hard for it last offseason with our decision-making boosters after Mullen's stumble(what changed since then?). Now, he's pulling back from that -- and making us fear permanently missing on him -- while putting together his best season yet on the field and in recruiting. See how my "dating" example now comes into light? He's forcing our hand -- and he's got ALL the power in this situation -- and being perceived as disinterested at this point is simply giving him MORE power. Maybe enough power to pre-emptively force a change in our compliance department, even?

You know what also works very similarly to the example? Recruiting. And the way he's playing this makes me all the more positive that he'll be a force to reckon with in that regard.

Raytoraid83
10-25-2013, 03:49 PM
A poster over on gene's said last night he's got a son that's a red shirt on the team and his kid has told him that the team is falling apart over the Dak/Tyler split and a strong rumor in the locker room that Mullen has been making calls networking for another job. Of course he was called a bear about fifty times.

Trainer told my friend same thing about Mullen making calls for other jobs. I don't necessarily believe that(we won't be able to get rid of him that easily) but still never good to have rumors like that floating around locker room.

engie
10-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Trainer told my friend same thing about Mullen making calls for other jobs. I don't necessarily believe that(we won't be able to get rid of him that easily) but still never good to have rumors like that floating around locker room.

Why not? That's how we've handled getting rid of everyone under this regime. Who has been "fired" yet? They just take lateral moves/slight demotions out of town. I'd think we could(and should) handle this the same way.

What if we've already told him he's out at the end of the year -- and we're furnishing the buyout? Would it not make sense for him to try to find another job to jump to -- even if it's not quite as good as ours -- thus saving himself the embarrassment(and us the media persecution)?

That approach would leave everybody happy...and no one is seen publicly as making the "hard call"...

SunCoastDog
10-26-2013, 04:44 PM
his ex-wife, Amy Hudspeth. She doesn't know a lot about football, but she is the girls basketball coach at Kirk. In recent history they've had very good success on the field and in recruiting too.

Dawgowar
10-26-2013, 05:00 PM
How dare you imply the second coming of Bobby Wallace won't deign to accept our generous offer and bring his magic playbook and really energetic pre game speeches to Starkvegas! Is Pepper Rogers or Bobby Collins still inhaling and exhaling air these days?

Op4isabitch
10-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Yep Pepper is still kicking and funny as shit. What a great guy!

Dawgowar
10-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Yep Pepper is still kicking and funny as shit. What a great guy!

Poor old guy waited and waited for that Memphis NFL team to come along and hire him. We should give him a ring and make the offer.

dawgman
10-26-2013, 05:16 PM
He did have his run with the Steamboats didn't he?

Dawgowar
10-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah - some of those USFL teams were fun to watch. Spurriers Bandits were entertaining.

chef dixon
10-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Assuming you are on the fire Mullen train, would you still truly want to fire him right now?

t45fixer
10-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I think a lot of people want to know what the hell is going on between his ears. Him stepping out in the second half and our team looks like shit.

t45fixer
10-26-2013, 06:03 PM
And why in five wide pass plays 3 receivers don't even run routes.

WeWillScrewItUp
10-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm not exactly on the HudWagon but am in the "Bye Dan" crew. I don't know who the best option is but I do believe we need somebody to light some fires under some asses and make our players play hard.

engie
10-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Assuming you are on the fire Mullen train, would you still truly want to fire him right now?

I would still be pissed -- but I would definitely be less positive that I wanted to move on right now...