PDA

View Full Version : Michael Thomas signs new deal (Saints and NFL fans)

msstate7
07-31-2019, 09:26 AM
5-years/100 million (61 guaranteed)
Highest paid wr ever... well, till Julio gets his.

Not a big fan of this deal. I expect this to be brees' last year, and the saints will most likely suck something fierce with a huge wr contract. Oh well, saints gonna win it all this year

vv83
07-31-2019, 09:57 AM
The Saints have locked themselves into cap hell for the foreseeable future to try to win it all this year.. 61mil guaranteed for a not even top 3 receiver and they aren't even going to make the playoffs. I love it

msstate7
07-31-2019, 10:05 AM
The Saints have locked themselves into cap hell for the foreseeable future to try to win it all this year.. 61mil guaranteed for a not even top 3 receiver and they aren't even going to make the playoffs. I love it

PFF disagrees with you about Thomas not being top 3 in nfl

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-new-orleans-saints-and-wr-michael-thomas-agree-to-terms-on-a-record-breaking-contract

Not gonna make playoffs? That's hilarious

KOdawg1
07-31-2019, 10:19 AM
Saints better win it this year. This is a questionable move. I would've saved that money to find DB's replacement. IDK what the FA market for QBs next season is looking like though

msstate7
07-31-2019, 10:23 AM
Saints better win it this year. This is a questionable move. I would've saved that money to find DB's replacement. IDK what the FA market for QBs next season is looking like though

Probably be bridgewater or a draft pick next year (2020)

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2019, 10:33 AM
PFF disagrees with you about Thomas not being top 3 in nfl

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-new-orleans-saints-and-wr-michael-thomas-agree-to-terms-on-a-record-breaking-contract

Not gonna make playoffs? That's hilarious

Production wise he's been top 3. If you're picking the 3 best WR in the game he's probably not.

msstate7
07-31-2019, 10:38 AM
Production wise he's been top 3. If you're picking the 3 best WR in the game he's probably not.

I think the drew brees to Michael Thomas is a top 3 combo in football. I'm not so sure Thomas is quite the player without brees as he is with him. Thomas is a damn good player though

vv83
07-31-2019, 10:42 AM

Exactly.. You can't tell me he is the same tier as Julio, OBJ, or AB. I may even throw nuk and Tyreek in there above him. I really don't think they make playoffs this year and end up picking in the high teens. Could end up working out for them if Drew retires and they bomb 2020 then take Trevor

msstate7
07-31-2019, 10:44 AM
Exactly.. You can't tell me he is the same tier as Julio, OBJ, or AB. I may even throw nuk and Tyreek in there above him. I really don't think they make playoffs this year and end up picking in the high teens. Could end up working out for them if Drew retires and they bomb 2020 then take Trevor

Let's make a $100 donation bet to the board on whether saints make playoffs this year.

ETA... I suppose you think the panthers win the division

vv83
07-31-2019, 10:48 AM
Let's make a $100 donation bet to the board on whether saints make playoffs this year.

ETA... I suppose you think the panthers win the division

I don't know, it's gonna be a dog fight. I hate having Arians in the division but Winston is still an idiot. I'm not sure Panthers win it but I don't think the Saints do

msstate7
07-31-2019, 10:52 AM
I don't know, it's gonna be a dog fight. I hate having Arians in the division but Winston is still an idiot. I'm not sure Panthers win it but I don't think the Saints do

Not being able to name who you think will win it while saying you just don't think the definitive favorite (4:7) will kinda seems like hoping more than thinking haha

Ifyouonlyknew
07-31-2019, 11:11 AM

I can make a very strong argument that Nuk is the best WR in the game right now.

vv83
07-31-2019, 11:25 AM
Not being able to name who you think will win it while saying you just don't think the definitive favorite (4:7) will kinda seems like hoping more than thinking haha

Not exactly sound logic.. all I said was I'm not sure Carolina wins it. atlanta and carolina 1/2 or 2/1 and nola tampa 3/4 or 4/3.

msstate7
07-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Not exactly sound logic.. all I said was I'm not sure Carolina wins it. atlanta and carolina 1/2 or 2/1 and nola tampa 3/4 or 4/3.

Well you have the field for the bet offer I made

vv83
07-31-2019, 11:28 AM
Well you have the field for the bet offer I made

I'm selfish when it comes to sports betting, i want it in my pocket. PM me

msstate7
07-31-2019, 12:48 PM
Gotta think this is bad news for the cowboys. Thomas raises wr pay scale for amari, zeke wants gurley money, and dak wants a huge deal

fishwater99
07-31-2019, 12:55 PM
I'm selfish when it comes to sports betting, i want it in my pocket. PM me

Wager?

99jc
07-31-2019, 06:41 PM

You are a 17ing idiot. If you really believe they wont make the playoffs how about a straight up bet dickweed lets say 5k.

WSOPdawg
07-31-2019, 06:56 PM
Gotta think this is bad news for the cowboys. Thomas raises wr pay scale for amari, zeke wants gurley money, and dak wants a huge deal

That's why it's better for Jerry and Company to get their deals done sooner rather than later. The market will only be driven higher with each renegotiated contract for a WR, RB or QB. I understand them not wanting to break the bank on Zeke (him being a heavily-used RB and all), but Amari and Dak should've already been done imo.

vv83
07-31-2019, 08:34 PM
You are a 17ing idiot. If you really believe they wont make the playoffs how about a straight up bet dickweed lets say 5k.

uh if you can act like an adult sure PM me but Im not going to deal with a little kid and with the way you're acting you don't seem old enough to gamble

vv83
07-31-2019, 08:39 PM
That's why it's better for Jerry and Company to get their deals done sooner rather than later. The market will only be driven higher with each renegotiated contract for a WR, RB or QB. I understand them not wanting to break the bank on Zeke (him being a heavily-used RB and all), but Amari and Dak should've already been done imo.

agree with this, I think it was dumb Jerry showed his hands saying they were going to extend him before he even played a game for the cowboys but I'm sure he wasn't expecting having to get Zeke done for another year.

99jc
07-31-2019, 09:31 PM
uh if you can act like an adult sure PM me but Im not going to deal with a little kid and with the way you're acting you don't seem old enough to gamble

I figured you for a loudmouth P U S S.

msstate7
07-31-2019, 11:41 PM
Nfl peers vote drew best qb in nfl and #2 player overall...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFx8Z25vZHM

Michael Thomas comes in at #13 overall...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf7hz2kD2_M

Aaron Donald #1

ETA... Thomas was 4th wr behind Julio, AB, and Nuk
Kamara was #14 overall and 2nd rb behind Gurley