ScoobaDawg
07-31-2019, 01:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzKDfyYXYvk

msbulldog
07-31-2019, 06:09 AM
Thanks Scooba!

msstate7
07-31-2019, 06:29 AM
It was a really nice year, but pretty frustrating end for every sport.

Liverpooldawg
07-31-2019, 08:31 AM
It was the best year across the board MSU sports has ever had. If you read our message boards you would never know it. Thanks for posting that! What a great year it was!

It's not just sports either. There are a lot of good things going on at MSU. These are the good old days as far as MSU goes.

R2Dawg
07-31-2019, 11:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzKDfyYXYvk

Great video. The run MSU is on the past 5 years is unreal. MSU is red hot as a school and program; as a whole, I'd say hottest in SEC and one of hottest in country across that many sports.

Look how we broke in two stadium upgrades - 2014 Davis Wade with college gameday and #1 ranking on Scott Field 100 anniversary. Dudy Noble in 2019 with another CWS appearance sweeping regional and super. MSU is bringing in talent from everywhere - student enrollment too. Folks are taking notice. Good to be a Dawg. Hail State!

StarkVegasSteve
07-31-2019, 11:37 AM
I've watched that video probably 5 times now and I still get chills every time I see the team mob Gilbert in Omaha and then Mac's homer. Now that I've had a month to reflect on the season, that team really was truly special.

Barking 13
08-01-2019, 04:04 AM
Apparently, we’re not po’ ol’ mis’sippi tate anymore.
Hailstate indeed!

Ari Gold
08-01-2019, 07:20 AM
It was a really nice year, but pretty frustrating end for every sport.

Yeah too bad we didn’t win the natty in a four sports...

Holy shit probably the greatest all around sports year in your lifetime... just drink it in

And Yes Props ScoobaDawg for posting..

ScoobaDawg
08-01-2019, 07:45 AM
Yeah too bad we didn’t win the natty in a four sports...

Holy shit probably the greatest all around sports year in your lifetime... just drink it in

And Yes Props ScoobaDawg for posting..

Exactly... someone just needed something negative to say. Would it have been nice to win a Natty finally in one of those 2 sports? Yep.. but I'll take the overall success and know we are inching closer year by year.

ScoobaDawg
08-01-2019, 07:57 AM
I don't know what our highest position has been ever, but we finished 28th in Men's standings and 38th in the Women's standings for the Capital one cup.
Men's was tied for 5th best SEC ranking. Tied with LSU. Ladies finished 5th in the SEC also.
https://www.capitalonecup.com/docs/2018-2019_COC_CompleteStandings.pdf

msstate7
08-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Exactly... someone just needed something negative to say. Would it have been nice to win a Natty finally in one of those 2 sports? Yep.. but I'll take the overall success and know we are inching closer year by year.

Is it negative or a fact? I said it was a really nice year, and it was a frustrating end to each. Can you not appreciate a sport while at the same time reach for lofty goals?

Football was a solid season, but didn't reach what most here thought would be 10 wins. Preseason #18, postseason NR

MBK was a nice season. We finally got back to the dance. Frustrating end though, and I'm not alone... "Well, obviously a very tough loss for us, especially having a 10-point lead ?" Howland ( https://hailstate.com/news/2019/3/22/mens-basketball-mens-hoops-defeated-by-liberty-80-76.aspx ). Preseason #18, postseason NR

WBK was a very successful season. Winning the sec is always sweet. The women were coming off back-to-back final 4s, so many thought this was gonna be a repeat. I wasn't upset with this one bc anytime you finish in the elite 8, it's a good season. Still, some here were expecting more. Best coach on campus had another monster season. Preseason #6, postseason #4

Baseball was great to me. We were not expected to be as good (by media) as we turned out to be, again. We broke in the final product stadium and a brand new coach with a monster season. Still, we just can't seem to get over the hump. Like WBK, I'm not gonna get too upset when you finish in the final 8. It is frustrating though to be one of the big time college baseball programs without a natty. Maybe next year... Preseason #14, postseason #5

Overall, it was a fantastic year. I didn't really think my "negative" statement was a hot take. Sorry to have an opinion...

Liverpooldawg
08-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Is it negative or a fact? I said it was a really nice year, and it was a frustrating end to each. Can you not appreciate a sport while at the same time reach for for lofty goals?

Football was a solid season, but didn't reach what most here thought would be 10 wins. Preseason #18, postseason NR

MBK was a nice season. We finally got back to the dance. Frustrating end though, and I'm not alone... "Well, obviously a very tough loss for us, especially having a 10-point lead ?" Howland ( https://hailstate.com/news/2019/3/22/mens-basketball-mens-hoops-defeated-by-liberty-80-76.aspx ). Preseason #18, postseason NR

WBK was

I bet your glass is never full.