PDA

View Full Version : I?m shocked!**

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-30-2019, 02:30 PM
https://www.mississippicir.org/mississippi-news/emmett-till-sign-ole-miss?fbclid=IwAR2cBSH3IRqVrEnOJphKnVbB7NTiWKrV3AQE lLa7cd4DDe6kIxN_F5hA8AQ

Dolphus Raymond
07-30-2019, 03:15 PM
The Ole Miss administration could not have mishandled this situation worse had they tried.

BiscuitEater
07-30-2019, 03:22 PM
The Ole Miss administration could not have mishandled this situation worse had they tried.

Welp, you can scratch his name off the list as possible Chancellor replacements. He toast.

"Ole Miss interim Chancellor Larry Sparks admits his administration mishandled an investigation into fraternity students"

Liverpooldawg
07-30-2019, 03:43 PM
Why in the heck would anyone shoot up that sign? I will never understand that. One thing is certain, those kids are unemployable by most companies for the rest of their lives. STUPID.

Bothrops
07-30-2019, 03:48 PM
Absolute moron kids.

TrapGame
07-30-2019, 03:57 PM
ole miss gonna ole miss.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Absolute moron kids.

Georgia or Texas natives?

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Why in the heck would anyone shoot up that sign? I will never understand that. One thing is certain, those kids are unemployable by most companies for the rest of their lives. STUPID.

Yeah, not even sure if I would hire them to cut my grass. Sad.

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2019, 05:43 PM
Knowing ole miss, these kids will have a statue of them in the grove before Christmas.

BeardoMSU
07-30-2019, 05:59 PM
Knowing ole miss, these kids will have a statue of them in the grove before Christmas.

They'll do "the chant" in their honor. Old times there are most certainly not forgotten....

HereComesTheSpiral
07-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Yeah, not even sure if I would hire them to cut my grass. Sad.

I'm sure Diddy has a car lot they will go work at.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-30-2019, 07:07 PM
Ole Miss sure is good at attracting rich pricks who aren’t smart enough to get into UGA or UTexas...

codeDawg
07-30-2019, 07:40 PM

Not only shoot the sign, but pose in front of it with guns. Apparently there are people around them that think it’s cool to attack a symbol of Human Rights Era. It’s the same people that think waving rebel flags is cool. It’s a culture of accepted and institutionalized racism.

Goldendawg
07-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Georgia or Texas natives?

Another non-shock, from what I've read, one is from Baton Rouge, another from Memphis, and the third from GA.

BeardoMSU
07-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Apparently there are people around them that think it’s cool to attack a symbol of Human Rights Era. It’s the same people that think waving rebel flags is cool. It’s a culture of accepted and institutionalized racism.

Thankfully this problem hasn't founds its way onto our campus yet (knock on wood), but unfortunately there are plenty of people under our banner (and other SEC schools, no doubt) who would do/or agree with the same shit....not saying a ton, but a few is obviously enough to embarrass us all. For example, that douche flagger-organizer who frequents OM's campus always has a MSU hat on at their protests and in his videos...[and if you're reading this: do us all a favor, and GO **** YOURSELF!]

We are lucky that OM, as an institution, acts as a lightning-rod for attracting the real full-retard dip-shits....but lets not pretend this shit doesn't extend beyond the OM campus; that's not doing us any favors.

Liverpooldawg
07-30-2019, 08:38 PM
Thankfully this problem hasn't founds its way onto our campus yet (knock on wood), but unfortunately there are plenty of people under our banner (and other SEC schools, no doubt) who would do/or agree with the same shit....not saying a ton, but a few is obviously enough to embarrass us all. For example, that douche flagger-organizer who frequents OM's campus always has a MSU hat on at their protests and in his videos...[and if you're reading this: do us all a favor, and GO **** YOURSELF!]

We are lucky that OM, as an institution, acts as a lightning-rod for attracting the real full-retard dip-shits....but lets not pretend this shit doesn't extend beyond the OM campus; that's not doing us any favors.

Let's not pretend that it is anywhere as near as bad at MSU as it is up there either. It ain't even close.

BeardoMSU
07-30-2019, 08:48 PM
Let's not pretend that it is anywhere as near as bad at MSU as it is up there either. It ain't even close.

Where did I remotely say that?

When I said "that's not doing us any favors", I meant "us" as in the state of Mississippi.

msbulldog
07-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Not only shoot the sign, but pose in front of it with guns. Apparently there are people around them that think it’s cool to attack a symbol of Human Rights Era. It’s the same people that think waving rebel flags is cool. It’s a culture of accepted and institutionalized racism.

And then post it on social media for the whole world and the FBI to see! You can't fix stupid.

Liverpooldawg
07-31-2019, 08:19 AM
Where did I remotely say that?

When I said "that's not doing us any favors", I meant "us" as in the state of Mississippi.

I just don't get why some always feel compelled to try to make it look better for them by saying we have some of the same problems, even if we do. I know that's not what you meant to do but it is what it amounts to. I seriously don't remember the last time we had an incident like that. It happens regularly up there. You left out the part in your quote that provoked my reply. I'm not going to quote it again.

BrunswickDawg
07-31-2019, 09:03 AM
I just don't get why some always feel compelled to try to make it look better for them by saying we have some of the same problems, even if we do. I know that's not what you meant to do but it is what it amounts to. I seriously don't remember the last time we had an incident like that. It happens regularly up there. You left out the part in your quote that provoked my reply. I'm not going to quote it again.

I think his point is we still have Confederate flags in some frat houses and apartments, and some general stupidity within the student body that could produce the same type of incident. We reserve our level of stupidity to having students join ISIS.***

Dolphus Raymond
07-31-2019, 09:51 AM
Will someone please explain to me why it is necessary to make a memorial marker for a 14 year old CHILD who was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, murdered, tied to a cotton gin fan, and thrown into a river, bulletproof so said memorials cannot be effectively vandalized? That is so fuc-ed up that it is beyond my ability to comprehend.
Let the bullet-riddled signs remain so that EVERYONE who views them will have to look in the mirror.

sleepy dawg
07-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Will someone please explain to me why it is necessary to make a memorial marker for a 14 year old CHILD who was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, murdered, tied to a cotton gin fan, and thrown into a river, bulletproof so said memorials cannot be effectively vandalized? That is so fuc-ed up that it is beyond my ability to comprehend.
Let the bullet-riddled signs remain so that EVERYONE who views them will have to look in the mirror.

Leaving it is a bad idea. It should be replaced asap. What minority could ever feel safe entering a town with civil rights signs with bullet holes in them? What racist wouldn't take pride in seeing said sign in their community? These people aren't feeling shame for their actions. They're proud of their actions and so are people like them.

Liverpooldawg
07-31-2019, 03:31 PM
Leaving it is a bad idea. It should be replaced asap. What minority could ever feel safe entering a town with civil rights signs with bullet holes in them? What racist wouldn't take pride in seeing said sign in their community? These people aren't feeling shame for their actions. They're proud of their actions and so are people like them.

Its already been replaced

Liverpooldawg
07-31-2019, 03:33 PM
I think his point is we still have Confederate flags in some frat houses and apartments, and some general stupidity within the student body that could produce the same type of incident. We reserve our level of stupidity to having students join ISIS.***

I get his point, but why even bring it up? This WAS and Ole Miss bashing tread after all.

RocketDawg
07-31-2019, 04:31 PM
Not only shoot the sign, but pose in front of it with guns. Apparently there are people around them that think it?s cool to attack a symbol of Human Rights Era. It?s the same people that think waving rebel flags is cool. It?s a culture of accepted and institutionalized racism.

Did they shoot the sign, or was it already done by someone else? They article didn't say that I saw.

viverlibre
07-31-2019, 07:12 PM
Did they shoot the sign, or was it already done by someone else? They article didn't say that I saw.

There is no evidence that they shot the sign, but many have made that assumption. Every sign in rural parts of the delta and hills is riddled with bullet holes.

There is more than one Emmitt Till marker, I think this is the one in Glendora, Free State of Tallahatchie. There is also an Emmitt Till marker in Money.