PDA

View Full Version : RANKED 15th!

msbulldog
07-29-2019, 01:12 PM
https://fansided.com/2019/07/25/college-football-rankings-2019-every-fbs-team/12/

msstate7
07-29-2019, 01:20 PM
Nice.

As for the top 5, Oklahoma won't even be close to Georgia this year.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Lists our LB Corps as #2 in the country, and DB's as #9.

msstate7
07-29-2019, 01:42 PM
Link says aTm could be the preseason #1 in 2020. ED immediately hates this article**

TrapGame
07-29-2019, 01:43 PM

Damn.

We have a competent offense to go with that we're gonna have a pretty good season.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2019, 01:45 PM
We are close to being a top 20 program.

The analytical rankings have been very good for the perception of our program. Has decreased the influence old tradition poll smokers

BuckyIsAB****
07-29-2019, 01:51 PM
Link says aTm could be the preseason #1 in 2020. ED immediately hates this article**

Paper Tigers

Tbonewannabe
07-29-2019, 02:03 PM

Jimbo has them recruiting a notch better than they ever have. We will see if they can take that next step and compete with Bama. Right now they are fighting for the middle with Auburn, LSU, and us.

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:06 PM
Jimbo has them recruiting a notch better than they ever have. We will see if they can take that next step and compete with Bama. Right now they are fighting for the middle with Auburn, LSU, and us.

It's never been my position that they'll compete for the sec every year. I just think jimbo will have them as a NY6 pretty much every year starting next year bc of the brutal schedule this year. If jimbo is there when saban leaves, they may fill the vacuum though

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2019, 02:29 PM
It's never been my position that they'll compete for the sec every year. I just think jimbo will have them as a NY6 pretty much every year starting next year bc of the brutal schedule this year. If jimbo is there when saban leaves, they may fill the vacuum though

When you're making $7.5mil/yr the question is NY6 bowl enough?

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:31 PM
When you're making $7.5mil/yr the question is NY6 bowl enough?

Who they gonna pay 8 then to beat saban? I don't think there's a guy out there... hell, I don't think Dabo could do it if he had to face the grind of the sec

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2019, 02:38 PM
Who they gonna pay 8 then to beat saban? I don't think there's a guy out there... hell, I don't think Dabo could do it if he had to face the grind of the sec

You don't pay someone $7.5 to consistently finish 2-3rd in their own division.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2019, 02:40 PM

Same site on main board (#15 thread) that says we have outstanding LBs and secondary says auburn has #5 oline in oline strength.

We can argue in that thread, Bucky... sorry recruiting guys

Bringing your post with Bucky over from the recruiting thread -

Here is the thing about AU's line. They played some bad defenses in the second half of the season that padded their numbers - Liberty (#123 in Total D, #117 in Scoring D) ) Ole Miss (#121, #113) Purdue (#113, #82). Those 3 games accounted for 1,601 of their 5069 total yards for the season. Did they get better as the season went on? Arguably it couldn't get much worse - since their offense was pretty ineffective running the ball against Arkansas (96 rushing, 225 total), USM (96 rushing), against us (90 rushing) and A&M (19 yards rushing!). And these same 5 guys are supposed to have all the sudden become an elite group? I don't buy it.

And yes, I know we could be pretty ineffective too and struggled running against strong defenses, and we talk about how good they are going to be. It just seems to me that people should be questioning the logic more than they are.

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:40 PM

What about consistently top 10 in the country? And remember $7.5 million to aTm is like a $750,000 to us. And like I said above, there's a huge opportunity once Saban leaves to fill that vacuum

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2019, 02:44 PM
What about consistently top 10 in the country? And remember $7.5 million to aTm is like a $750,000 to us

Again they didn't bring Jimbo in to play 2nd fiddle. Nobody gives a damn about Top 10 in the country if you're 3rd or 4th best in your conference. Let me ask you a question. Do you think in 5 years that A&M fans will be satisfied with 2-3 NY6 bowls but no trips to ATL?

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Bringing your post with Bucky over from the recruiting thread -

Here is the thing about AU's line. They played some bad defenses in the second half of the season that padded their numbers - Liberty (#123 in Total D, #117 in Scoring D) ) Ole Miss (#121, #113) Purdue (#113, #82). Those 3 games accounted for 1,601 of their 5069 total yards for the season. Did they get better as the season went on? Arguably it couldn't get much worse - since their offense was pretty ineffective running the ball against Arkansas (96 rushing, 225 total), USM (96 rushing), against us (90 rushing) and A&M (19 yards rushing!). And these same 5 guys are supposed to have all the sudden become an elite group? I don't buy it.

And yes, I know we could be pretty ineffective too and struggled running against strong defenses, and we talk about how good they are going to be. It just seems to me that people should be questioning the logic more than they are.

I didn't say they would be good on oline. Just that this report said it. If we buy this report for the good they say on us, hard to discredit it when it says good for others we don't like.

I think auburn beats us with their defense and a home crowd

Commercecomet24
07-29-2019, 02:46 PM
If jimbo doesn't win the west in 5 years they'll move on to the next guy. They hired him to win not to come in second.

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Again they didn't bring Jimbo in to play 2nd fiddle. Nobody gives a damn about Top 10 in the country if you're 3rd or 4th best in your conference. Let me ask you a question. Do you think in 5 years that A&M fans will be satisfied with 2-3 NY6 bowls but no trips to ATL?

If they go to 3 straight NY6 bowls, top 10 finishes starting next year, no way, NO how will he be fired. Are you actually saying they would?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2019, 02:50 PM
If they go to 3 straight NY6 bowls, top 10 finishes starting next year, no way, NO how will he be fired. Are you actually saying they would?

Nowhere since we've started talking did I mention fired or even hot seat. I said if they don't make it to Atlanta in the next 5 years will they be satisfied?

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Nowhere since we've started talking did I mention fired or even hot seat. I said if they don't make it to Atlanta in the next 5 years will they be satisfied?

Satisfied = jimbo is HC at aTm
Unsatisfied = jimbo isn't HC at aTm

That's how I see it...

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2019, 02:55 PM
I didn't say they would be good on oline. Just that this report said it. If we buy this report for the good they say on us, hard to discredit it when it says good for others we don't like.

I think auburn beats us with their defense and a home crowd

I get that. The issue to me is that you can look at our returning LBs and DB's and understand the rating based on productivity. Outside of number of returning players for AU, it's hard to see what productive measure they are using to bump what was an awful OL up so high.

As for getting a W on the Plains, I agree with you. Road game at AU is never a cause for optimism.

Could you find on that site what metrics they are basing anything on because I couldn't.

msstate7
07-29-2019, 02:57 PM
I get that. The issue to me is that you can look at our returning LBs and DB's and understand the rating based on productivity. Outside of number of returning players for AU, it's hard to see what productive measure they are using to bump what was an awful OL up so high.

As for getting a W on the Plains, I agree with you. Road game at AU is never a cause for optimism.

Could you find on that site what metrics they are basing anything on because I couldn't.

Paging Pipedream and Prediction?Pain... they're the advanced guys, not a dummy like me

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Satisfied = jimbo is HC at aTm
Unsatisfied = jimbo isn't HC at aTm

That's how I see it...

Most here weren't satisfied with winning 8 games last year. A lot of people won't be satisfied if we Win 7 Games this year. If that happens JoeMo isn't in danger of not being the MSU coach. Here's a better comparison. MSU fans were satisfied those 1st few bowl games Mullen took us to. After the newness of Bowls wore off we wanted New Year Day or NY6 bowl games. The years we didn't make it to those bowl games we weren't satisfied but Mullen was never in danger of not being the MSU coach. Jimbo take them to 3 straight NY6 bowls but never to Atlanta & never to the playoffs, A&M fans won't be satisfied with just going to NY6 bowls anymore but Jimbo won't be in danger of getting fired either.

Lord McBuckethead
07-29-2019, 03:14 PM

aTm does and will continue to.

Lord McBuckethead
07-29-2019, 03:15 PM

Dabo, man he would have the talent to do it. Imagine if Clemson could say, "Come here and win championships in the SEC." He already recruits top 3 anyway.

But he wouldn't even make Atlanta if he was in the SEC West. Cause he has to play top knotch teams every single dang gum week.

Pipedream
07-29-2019, 03:22 PM
Paging Pipedream and Prediction?Pain... they're the advanced guys, not a dummy like me

Those rankings are looking at returning number of starts which they have a ton-5 senior starters returning, but I'm not totally sold on the either and here's the kicker-returning starts on OL is the lowest correlation marker for any "returning production" stat available. I'm wait and see on them, although I think their LT Wanahago (sp?) is pretty special.

dawgs
07-29-2019, 06:08 PM

I read that as LBs #2 and coupled with a strong, experienced secondary led to a #9 ranking for the entire D, not the secondary.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2019, 08:01 PM
I read that as LBs #2 and coupled with a strong, experienced secondary led to a #9 ranking for the entire D, not the secondary.

Yeah, you're right. I mis-read it. I'll take it either way.

sleepy dawg
07-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Nice.

As for the top 5, Oklahoma won't even be close to Georgia this year.

Oklahoma may not be as good as Georgia, but they'll probably go undefeated regular season and beat the sh*t out of most everybody they play. Georgia plays a much tougher schedule and overall will have a better chance of losing despite being the better team.

msstate7
07-30-2019, 10:05 AM
Oklahoma may not be as good as Georgia, but they'll probably go undefeated regular season and beat the sh*t out of most everybody they play. Georgia plays a much tougher schedule and overall will have a better chance of losing despite being the better team.

I'm just on the Georgia train this year. They're my champs

Tbonewannabe
07-30-2019, 10:34 AM
I'm just on the Georgia train this year. They're my champs

Fromm and Swift give them a great chance on offense and Smart will have the defense tough always. Clemson returns about the same production on offense but their defense will probably take a step back. They lost more than we did I think on the Dline.

R2Dawg
07-30-2019, 11:54 AM
aTm does and will continue to.

TAMU is going to be interesting the next few years. Cheater coach, cheater AD with a big budget so things falling in place to cheat your way to the top. Texas looming could be the fly in the ointment along with being in Bama's division. Pass the popcorn.

BuckyIsAB****
07-30-2019, 05:22 PM
TAMU is going to be interesting the next few years. Cheater coach, cheater AD with a big budget so things falling in place to cheat your way to the top. Texas looming could be the fly in the ointment along with being in Bama's division. Pass the popcorn.

State has beaten them 3 years in a row. A&M gets so much credit for doing less. Other than beating Bama one year and almost beating them the next they havent done as much as we have. They beat us in 12 and 13. 12 was bc that team was done by that point and 13 we were beat up to hell and back by that time of the year.