PDA

View Full Version : You can certainly question the new staff on coaching

Coach34
07-27-2019, 06:30 PM
but you can't question them on the recruiting trail. Mullen and crew were solid recruiters and grabbed alot of undervalued talent during their time in StarkVegas. They left JoVester with a loaded team for his 1st 2 seasons- which is very unusual. Our juco guys playing in 2018 and now in 2019 were absolute home runs by the previous staff- but that certainly wasnt the norm under Mullen.

JoVester and crew are really killing it on the recruiting trail. They have to be given an A for the job they are doing since they arrived on campus. We lost some very good coaches this offseason yet the recruiting hasnt dropped at all. Thats a credit to the HC and the job he is doing. If you struggle on the coaching side- talent helps mask it. Alot of questions should be answered on the coaching aspect this Fall with this offensive staff. Lots of excitement this Fall to see where things land. Home vs LSU, Away vs Tenn, Away vs A&M, Away vs UPig will be big games this Fall.

Hot Rock
07-27-2019, 06:59 PM
Now that is a positive post, Hail State

TALL DAWG
07-27-2019, 07:08 PM
Now that is a positive post, Hail State

So...do we give Coach 34 some V-cash for his correct & positive statements?
Appears he may have spent all of it on some special coffee...:)

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2019, 08:31 PM
If Stevens can get the ball where it needs to go consistently we will be fine. I hope it goes to number 8 a lot more than it goes anywhere else

RezDog7
07-27-2019, 08:45 PM
So...do we give Coach 34 some V-cash for his correct & positive statements?
Appears he may have spent all of it on some special coffee...:)

Not as long he is still using that ridiculous name.

Hot Rock
07-27-2019, 08:47 PM
I was just shocked to see a positive post. All this doom and gloom gets old. Hell, this is a good team and has talent on both duees of the ball with more coming. It’s a good time to be a State fan. I was disappointed in last years offense but it’s not like we didn’t know that we had a problem with the forward pass.

Jack Lambert
07-27-2019, 09:01 PM
I expect coaching to be a lot better in the second year.

DancingRabbit
07-27-2019, 09:49 PM
Can we ban stupid nicknames?

Oh yeah C34, welcome to the party.

BiscuitEater
07-27-2019, 10:14 PM
Can we ban stupid nicknames?

I don't know .. ****face34 has that certain flair to it.

confucius say
07-27-2019, 10:31 PM
but you can't question them on the recruiting trail. Mullen and crew were solid recruiters and grabbed alot of undervalued talent during their time in StarkVegas. They left JoVester with a loaded team for his 1st 2 seasons- which is very unusual. Our juco guys playing in 2018 and now in 2019 were absolute home runs by the previous staff- but that certainly wasnt the norm under Mullen.

JoVester and crew are really killing it on the recruiting trail. They have to be given an A for the job they are doing since they arrived on campus. We lost some very good coaches this offseason yet the recruiting hasnt dropped at all. Thats a credit to the HC and the job he is doing. If you struggle on the coaching side- talent helps mask it. Alot of questions should be answered on the coaching aspect this Fall with this offensive staff. Lots of excitement this Fall to see where things land. Home vs LSU, Away vs Tenn, Away vs A&M, Away vs UPig will be big games this Fall.

Left a Loaded team on defense. Offensive skill talent that was left is bottom of league.

gravedigger
07-27-2019, 10:40 PM

So how is he like Croom again?

Bass Chaser
07-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Croom34 - just stop with the bullshit. The team is not loaded. We are more talented on one side vs. the other.

Your last couple of posts aren't anything new that other posters haven't mentioned with detailed discussions.

Cowbell
07-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Derogatory Nicknames should be used for opposing teams only. Or just to point out the immature posters on the board.

DancingRabbit
07-27-2019, 11:20 PM
I can't remember. Was there a stupid nickname for Hunter Renfroe?

yjnkdawg
07-28-2019, 09:08 AM
I was just shocked to see a positive post. All this doom and gloom gets old. Hell, this is a good team and has talent on both duees of the ball with more coming. It’s a good time to be a State fan. I was disappointed in last years offense but it’s not like we didn’t know that we had a problem with the forward pass.

I was too.......but... We had a senior quarterback who could run JoeMo's (this is part of his twitter handle unlike the other derlogatory nick) offense to a limited degree after it was watered down. We also had a senior quarterback who loved to run the ball himself and some of the good SEC DC's schemed their defenses where he thought the best or only option was for him to keep the ball and run it. LSU didn't even respect any type of passing game we could have possibly had so they schemed Fitz keeping the ball. If LSU lost that game, it was not going to be due to Kylin or others beating them, but it would have to be Fitz doing it. Our other quarterbacks weren't even close to being ready to run his offense. So JoeMo really didn't have but one option. Oh , but some would say that he should have run DM's offense (LOL). I think things will be a lot better this year with Stevens at quarterback, and also Mayden may surprise some people too.

yjnkdawg
07-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Derogatory Nicknames should be used for opposing teams only. Or just to point out the immature posters on the board.

It must give some that one minute of shining fame and importance (in their eyes). I never understood the reason for it, but some things people do don't have any reason, and some thing s will never change.

Pollodawg
07-28-2019, 10:12 AM
Deregatory nicknames? Like when the OP referred to our championship caliber women’s basketball team as “titty dogs,” and you 12-year-old 17s ate that stupid shit up?

Pollodawg
07-28-2019, 10:16 AM
I remember him and Hadad’s wars on SPS. Narcissistic Douche Canoe v. Blood Type Blue Plate was something.

cheewgumm
07-28-2019, 10:46 AM
We had offensive talent last year ( A Williams and K Hill), we just chose not to give it to them for some reason.

yjnkdawg
07-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Deregatory nicknames? Like when the OP referred to our championship caliber women’s basketball team as “titty dogs,” and you 12-year-old 17s ate that stupid shit up?

I remember that some did. I thought that was disrespectful (I posted that) to our lady student athlete basketball players, who proudly represent and represented us and our university both on and off the court.

BuckyIsAB****
07-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Croom34 - just stop with the bullshit. The team is not loaded. We are more talented on one side vs. the other.

Your last couple of posts aren't anything new that other posters haven't mentioned with detailed discussions.

We are pretty set at most positions except WR. Talent wise. WR should be better this time the talent level has risen and it is time for some guys to make some progression. Devonta Jason especially.

ScoobaDawg
07-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Deregatory nicknames? Like when the OP referred to our championship caliber women?s basketball team as ?titty dogs,? and you 12-year-old 17s ate that stupid shit up?

that term isn't allowed and is a immediate perma ban if someone ever mentions it.

Pollodawg
07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
that term isn't allowed and is a immediate perma ban if someone ever mentions it.

Excellent.