PDA

View Full Version : Let's Check in on Kimchee

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2019, 09:23 AM
If the pathetic NFL careers of Kimchee, MGK, and Treadwell don't provide a rough sketch of the culture Hugh Freeze created in Oxford, I'm not sure what does.

Looks like Tunsil was just too good to fail.

https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/status/1154840820928806912?s=21

starkvegasdawg
07-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Holding out for that milli vanilli tribute band with his brother.

Todd4State
07-27-2019, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if AJ and DK have a similar NFL career arc as Treadwell and Nkemdiche.

Ole Miss is where you go if you want to get a bag of cash for college and then flame out and not make it in the NFL.

Fortunately Chris Jones had a brain.

Lord McBuckethead
07-27-2019, 04:47 PM
AJ will not go that way.

Scared_Hitless
07-27-2019, 05:12 PM
DK has a limited skill set for the NFL very little lateral quickness. He will be a big play guy till he starts losing speed. AJ has the tools to be very good just is behind due to limited coaching. He needs to learn how to run routes

Martianlander
07-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Holding out for that milli vanilli tribute band with his brother.

A+ on that one. Rep given!

MSUMatt
07-27-2019, 08:36 PM
If the pathetic NFL careers of Kimchee, MGK, and Treadwell don't provide a rough sketch of the culture Hugh Freeze created in Oxford, I'm not sure what does.

Looks like Tunsil was just too good to fail.

https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/status/1154840820928806912?s=21

Nm

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2019, 08:42 PM
Big Kimchee was never that good of a player. If anything I think he benefited more from the guys around him than the other way around. He played when he wanted to play, not all the time. Issac Gross was a much better DT than he was

KOdawg1
07-27-2019, 08:44 PM
Ian Rapoport just tweeted that the Cardinals cut him. Surprise, surprise

starkvegasdawg
07-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Ian Rapoport just tweeted that the Cardinals cut him. Surprise, surprise

Blame it on the rain....

ShotgunDawg
07-27-2019, 09:25 PM
Big Kimchee was never that good of a player. If anything I think he benefited more from the guys around him than the other way around. He played when he wanted to play, not all the time. Issac Gross was a much better DT than he was

He was really explosive & athletic, but he got virtually no coaching at OM & had ZERO mental toughness

Remember when we were debating on Chris Jones vs Kimchee? LOLZ

BeardoMSU
07-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Blame it on the rain....

Epic, SVD!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/13sPc2XJQJfDUY/giphy.gif

StarkVegasSteve
07-27-2019, 10:15 PM
He was really explosive & athletic, but he got virtually no coaching at OM & had ZERO mental toughness

I knew at the 13 Egg Bowl who would be the better player and the better pro. Jones had a monster game and Nkemdiche folded when we started taking it to him. I'm pretty sure Jones stuffed him on one of Hugh's gadget Nkemdiche run plays.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-27-2019, 10:37 PM
I think Nkmideche has talent to match Chris Jones and Fletcher Cox. But he doesn't have heart, desire, or a work ethic. He's not a professional.

Todd4State
07-27-2019, 10:50 PM
I think Nkmideche has talent to match Chris Jones and Fletcher Cox. But he doesn't have heart, desire, or a work ethic. He's not a professional.

You nailed it. He's athletic and you can be dominant at the high school level if you are a freak athlete. But the other things you are talking about- those are things that a lot of guys learn and develop in college when they aren't the big fish in the small pond anymore. Ole Miss didn't do him any favors in that department.

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2019, 10:52 PM

Wommack was a good coach and Kiffin is from the Orgeron DL tree so he can coach DL. I dont think it was coaching. Some kids you just cant help if they wont help themselves. And when you prop a kid up as much as he was its hard to tell him anything anyway. They got what they deserved from him

somebodyshotmypaw
07-27-2019, 10:55 PM
You nailed it. He's athletic and you can be dominant at the high school level if you are a freak athlete. But the other things you are talking about- those are things that a lot of guys learn and develop in college when they aren't the big fish in the small pond anymore. Ole Miss didn't do him any favors in that department.

He's lazy. He plays hard only when he wants to. I agree that Ole Miss did him no favors, but he wouldn't have fit in at a place like MSU. Our culture was about effort, grinding, blue collar. But maybe somebody could have changed him. If he had gone to Bama, Saban would have fixed him, or processed him.

Jarius
07-28-2019, 04:35 AM
This is not on Hugh Freeze as much as it is on the culture of Oxford when it comes to its athletes. They treat them like deities while they are there. It helps them in recruiting but it turns a lot of them into this. I don’t think AJ Brown will be like this because he is a really hard worker. I think aJ brown will be like this because he’s not as good as everyone on here thinks he is.

starkvegasdawg
07-28-2019, 07:08 AM
His wiki page. Which one of you did this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAhvMcyW4AAMY8w?format=jpg&name=medium

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2019, 08:15 AM
This is not on Hugh Freeze as much as it is on the culture of Oxford when it comes to its athletes. They treat them like deities while they are there. It helps them in recruiting but it turns a lot of them into this. I don’t think AJ Brown will be like this because he is a really hard worker. I think aJ brown will be like this because he’s not as good as everyone on here thinks he is.

I can agree with this to some degree, but there's a reason why all the Ole Miss players never get in trouble at Ole Miss only to have real issues once in the NFL.

It's obvious that there is a large amount of sweeping things under the rug for violations that should get them suspended.

I mean, MSU has a couple players suspended for 1-2 games every year including the starting QB last year & likely KT & Willie Gay this year. Does that happen at OM? Can anyone recall one of their best players being suspended for a game for a violation of team rules? *not NCAA stuff

Jarius
07-28-2019, 08:18 AM
I can agree with this to some degree, but there's a reason why all the Ole Miss players never get in trouble at Ole Miss only to have real issues once in the NFL.

It's obvious that there is a large amount of sweeping things under the rug for violations that should get them suspended.

I mean, MSU has a couple players suspended for 1-2 games every year including the starting QB last year & likely KT & Willie Gay this year. Does that happen at OM? Can anyone recall one of their best players being suspended for a game for a violation of team rules? *not NCAA stuff

Yes, that plays into the culture which is what I’m talking about. There is another situation at Ole Miss right now where anywhere else in America would suspend the player but they aren’t going to because of team needs. They don’t hold people accountable for shit.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2019, 08:25 AM
They don’t hold people accountable for shit.

I don't think it's MSU bias to say this. I think there is enough evidence at this point to say that this is highly likely.

MSU - best players consistently get suspended, team goes to 9 straight bowl games, players do well in the NFL

Ole Miss - Best players never get suspended, team in inconsistent as hell, players get in trouble in the NFL.

It doesn't take rocket science to realize that they don't hold players accountable up there. Problem is, I'm not sure if it's the coach that won't do it or the culture won't allow it.

Jarius
07-28-2019, 08:28 AM
I don't think it's MSU bias to say this. I think there is enough evidence at this point to say that this is highly likely.

MSU - best players consistently get suspended, team goes to 9 straight bowl games, players do well in the NFL

Ole Miss - Best players never get suspended, team in inconsistent as hell, players get in trouble in the NFL.

It doesn't take rocket science to realize that they don't hold players accountable up there. Problem is, I'm not sure if it's the coach that won't do it or the culture won't allow it.

It is the culture. The culture hires the coach every time. Matt Luke is a puppet. Hugh Freeze was a puppet that was a good offensive mind. Houston Nutt was a slimy ass preacher puppet. Ed Orgeron. Tommy Tubberville. Billy Brewer. I mean they fired the only guy in the last 30 years that would not kiss the ring.

yjnkdawg
07-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Blame it on the rain....

You shoulda warned him about that storm that was heading his way, Vegas. :)

yjnkdawg
07-28-2019, 09:29 AM
It is the culture. The culture hires the coach every time. Matt Luke is a puppet. Hugh Freeze was a puppet that was a good offensive mind. Houston Nutt was a slimy ass preacher puppet. Ed Orgeron. Tommy Tubberville. Billy Brewer. I mean they fired the only guy in the last 30 years that would not kiss the ring.

OM only hired Cutcliffe so they would not miss out on getting Eli. Cutcliffe (who was and is a respectful coach) wanted to do things the right way and he did not like The Network's operating procedures. The Network did not care for Cutcliffe either, but everybody on the OM side would have freaked out if they missed out on another Manning coming there.

Coach007
07-28-2019, 10:19 AM

I can't agree with him on that. That was Freeze's job. He promoted that culture and PARTICIPATED in that culture. When the brothers go into trouble... it was largely over looked.

BTW what ever came of the court case where he and a few others caused a guy some head damage???

Jarius
07-28-2019, 11:10 AM
I can't agree with him on that. That was Freeze's job. He promoted that culture and PARTICIPATED in that culture. When the brothers go into trouble... it was largely over looked.

BTW what ever came of the court case where he and a few others caused a guy some head damage???

They hire the same type of coaches there every time they make a hire. Yes, it is Freeze’s fault, but Freeze was just a pawn. The culture that originates with their big money boosters that actually run the show is the reason they hire people like Freeze, which is my point.

BuckyIsAB****
07-28-2019, 12:25 PM

Freeze learned from the Ogre when he was in Oxford. Then took it up a level he was perfectly compliant with what was going on. Matt Luke is just a OM good ol boy and will sign on to whatever bc he is true blue OM