PDA

View Full Version : UT WHO?? Ms ST goes 6-0 with Tyler Russell

Coach007
07-25-2019, 10:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWkVzqOjcTY

Can you believe????

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2019, 10:33 PM
Then we got shelled by Bama and lost to an inferior OM team thanks to Mullen job shopping. Worst football game I've ever been to in my life was A&M at home that year. Hot as hell and embarassing as hell to watch us look totally unprepared vs Manziel like we didnt know he could play. Then we wrap up the season by losing to Northwestern.

I may have disliked 2012 more than 16. The 16 team got better as they year went. Both were probably underachievers though thanks to Danny Two Gloves...

I do enjoy your throwback videos though haha

Quaoarsking
07-25-2019, 11:55 PM
That's an underrated game of Mullen's tenure. A lot of pundits, and basically every Tennessee fan, expected us to lose. There were some especially obnoxious ones sitting in the row in front of us who were just shocked at the end of the game. That Tennessee team ended up with a bad record, but had a lot of talent on it.

FriarsPoint
07-26-2019, 12:02 AM
It was after this game that I learned that engie on sixpack was a know it all that didn’t know squat. You could see the A&M game coming after this one. Was very obvious our D was horrendous yet engie was throwing out stats left and right saying people criticizing this D were clueless.

Todd4State
07-26-2019, 01:54 AM
That's an underrated game of Mullen's tenure. A lot of pundits, and basically every Tennessee fan, expected us to lose. There were some especially obnoxious ones sitting in the row in front of us who were just shocked at the end of the game. That Tennessee team ended up with a bad record, but had a lot of talent on it.

Was this the game that broke Tennessee?

Todd4State
07-26-2019, 01:55 AM
It was after this game that I learned that engie on sixpack was a know it all that didn’t know squat. You could see the A&M game coming after this one. Was very obvious our D was horrendous yet engie was throwing out stats left and right saying people criticizing this D were clueless.

I think a lot of the problem with the defense that year was philosophy (bend and break) and Dan micromanaging. In many ways 2012 was a "typical" Dan Mullen season.

Johnson85
07-26-2019, 03:49 AM
I think a lot of the problem with the defense that year was philosophy (bend and break) and Dan micromanaging. In many ways 2012 was a "typical" Dan Mullen season.

We had zero pass rush and a DC that wasn’t very good. Drove me crazy watching us play UM and them use alignments to dictate who a hobbled Nicole Whitley would line up against. To be fair Wilson had a tough job that year because of some significant holes as far as defensive talent.

Uncivilengineer
07-26-2019, 04:55 AM
I remember the TN peeps melting on the message boards. They couldn't believe they lost to the vastly under-talented Dawgs. It was glorious.

Scared_Hitless
07-26-2019, 07:02 AM
Russell looking good here, lots of throws right on the money. Excited to hopefully see a balanced attack this season with TStevens.

Also TN had some serious WR talent that year Justin Hunter and Patterson geez. Also Tyler Bray at QB who made a decent while in the NFL. Dooley must have been atrocious.

Jarius
07-26-2019, 07:40 AM
We had zero pass rush and a DC that wasn?t very good. Drove me crazy watching us play UM and them use alignments to dictate who a hobbled Nicole Whitley would line up against. To be fair Wilson had a tough job that year because of some significant holes as far as defensive talent.

I remember being in the stadium and screaming at Chris Wilson for having Whitley covering Moncrief. We Had a secondary with the Thorpe award winner and possibly the best cornerback in the game (Slay) that got absolutely torched against any offense with a pulse that year. Chris Wilson was absolute trash.

thf24
07-26-2019, 09:12 AM
Worst football game I've ever been to in my life was A&M at home that year. Hot as hell and embarassing as hell to watch us look totally unprepared vs Manziel like we didnt know he could play.

Playing 3 down, drop 8 to consistently give Johnny Football 5 yard holes to run through with zero attempt or effort to adjust might have been the most painful thing to watch in the entire Mullen era, 2016 and all the awful Egg Bowls included. I just couldn't believe what we were trying to do defensively in that game.

TrapGame
07-26-2019, 09:13 AM
OMG!!! That Chris Wilson defense was AWFUL! It was damn near Sirmon level bad!

AFDawg
07-26-2019, 09:45 AM
I'd love to see what Tyler could do in Moorhead's offense.

Captain Falcon
07-26-2019, 10:00 AM
If there ever was a team whose record was inflated because of a weak schedule it was that 2012 team. Started 7-0 but four of those were nonconference games against MTSU, Troy (who almost beat us), a SWAC team, and a South Alabama team in its first year in the FBS. Our four SEC wins that year were against the four worst teams in the league, all of whom fired their coaches (Chizik at Auburn, Joker at UK, Dooley at UT, John L. Smith at Arky). We got smoked by any team with a pulse that year.

That Tennessee game was a lot of fun though, and before we got exposed. Want to say it was a super late kickoff, like 8:30 or so, I know that it was around midnight when it ended. That game happened right after my grandfather passed away so it was a source of relief and comfort after a really difficult week.

Johnson85
07-26-2019, 10:26 AM
Playing 3 down, drop 8 to consistently give Johnny Football 5 yard holes to run through with zero attempt or effort to adjust might have been the most painful thing to watch in the entire Mullen era, 2016 and all the awful Egg Bowls included. I just couldn't believe what we were trying to do defensively in that game.

It was laughable. If that's the year I'm thinking of, we copied the LSU game plan from a week or two before when there was just a slight difference in the athleticism between their DEs and ours. Love Kaleb Eulls and Wilson should have been beaten for putting him in a position where he was supposed to keep edge containment on Manziel. I think that was also the game where there was a small argument in the stands between a fan and Chris WIlson's girlfriend (or maybe wife; can't remember if they were married)? I think a fan was just trashing Wilson not realizing who she was and she finally had enough and gave him a piece of her mind.

Johnson85
07-26-2019, 10:29 AM
I remember being in the stadium and screaming at Chris Wilson for having Whitley covering Moncrief. We Had a secondary with the Thorpe award winner and possibly the best cornerback in the game (Slay) that got absolutely torched against any offense with a pulse that year. Chris Wilson was absolute trash.

You'd think after the first half dozen times it happened, somebody would have called a timeout and just started playing man so that SLay and Banks could at least cover their two best receivers regardless of the formation.

bigplayslay
07-26-2019, 01:12 PM
Cordarrelle Patterson was electric that game

TUSK
07-26-2019, 01:30 PM
Was this the game that broke Tennessee?

UT got broke in Cali vs a shtty UCLA team on 9/1/2008.

mstatefan91
07-26-2019, 02:51 PM
Then we got shelled by Bama and lost to an inferior OM team thanks to Mullen job shopping. Worst football game I've ever been to in my life was A&M at home that year. Hot as hell and embarassing as hell to watch us look totally unprepared vs Manziel like we didnt know he could play. Then we wrap up the season by losing to Northwestern.

I may have disliked 2012 more than 16. The 16 team got better as they year went. Both were probably underachievers though thanks to Danny Two Gloves...

I do enjoy your throwback videos though haha

This pretty much sums it up..

msu15
07-26-2019, 03:03 PM
UT got broke in Cali vs a shtty UCLA team on 9/1/2008.

I kind of miss the days when the 3rd Saturday in October meant something.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-27-2019, 09:02 AM

Oh yes, Engie. I remember when our running backs were Ashton Shumpert, Brandon Holloway, Aeris Williams, and Dontavian Lee. He told me that every one of those 4 were better than Christian McCaffrey. When I disagreed, he told me I didn't know how to evaluate running back talent.

TUSK
07-27-2019, 11:14 AM
I kind of miss the days when the 3rd Saturday in October meant something.

I?d say the same thing, but then those assholes would get good again & start whipping our collective asses.

starkvegasdawg
07-27-2019, 11:20 AM
You'd think after the first half dozen times it happened, somebody would have called a timeout and just started playing man so that SLay and Banks could at least cover their two best receivers regardless of the formation.

Kind of like the UK game last year with their DE living in our backfield all game.

bulldawg28
07-27-2019, 06:44 PM
OMG!!! That Chris Wilson defense was AWFUL! It was damn near Sirmon level bad!

Near? It was absolutely equal to Sirmon.

Lord McBuckethead
07-29-2019, 11:01 AM
If there ever was a team whose record was inflated because of a weak schedule it was that 2012 team. Started 7-0 but four of those were nonconference games against MTSU, Troy (who almost beat us), a SWAC team, and a South Alabama team in its first year in the FBS. Our four SEC wins that year were against the four worst teams in the league, all of whom fired their coaches (Chizik at Auburn, Joker at UK, Dooley at UT, John L. Smith at Arky). We got smoked by any team with a pulse that year.

That Tennessee game was a lot of fun though, and before we got exposed. Want to say it was a super late kickoff, like 8:30 or so, I know that it was around midnight when it ended. That game happened right after my grandfather passed away so it was a source of relief and comfort after a really difficult week.

Naw, that kickoff was at 9:15 or 9:30 that night.

Lord McBuckethead
07-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Kind of like the UK game last year with their DE living in our backfield all game.

Yeah our LT was getting his ass whipped every play. That was by far the worst coaching I have seen since Sirmon. By far. Hell, use the RB to chip him or even a TE to help out. 1 on 1 with Josh Allen was A+ stupid.