PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially pissed.

smootness
10-24-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm not going to start throwing out potential solutions. But I've now advanced from disappointed to pissed. We have talent, we look really good at times...then we do really stupid things and stall. When Mullen initially showed up, we were rarely penalized. Now, all the dang time. We used to be smart and fired up. Now, dumb and unmotivated.

I expect a player like Whitley to be borderline punched by a coach after that crap, but he got nothing. This team has no business letting teams like this hang around.

Bully13
10-24-2013, 09:16 PM
I was at work during whitley's back to back BS....can anyone elaborate on that?

smootness
10-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Threw an open-handed punch to the facemask of a UK player after some shoving at the end of a play, then ran into a pile on the next and threw a couple of punches into the pile that the ref caught.

Cost us 30 yards and 3 points, and nobody got in his face at all...should have been pulled after the 1st one.

laureldawg
10-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey!!!! but hes got SWAG pts for that!!! whata joke! no discipline on this team.

Schultzy
10-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Threw an open-handed punch to the facemask of a UK player after some shoving at the end of a play, then ran into a pile on the next and threw a couple of punches into the pile that the ref caught.

Cost us 30 yards and 3 points, and nobody got in his face at all...should have been pulled after the 1st one.
Mullen did point his ass to the locker room. Nickoe waved Mullen off.

preachermatt83
10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
your taking steps in the right direction smoot!!!

Bully13
10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
if nickoe did indeed waive him off and he is not kicked off the team come tomorrow a.m., that is all we need to know

preachermatt83
10-24-2013, 10:46 PM
if nickoe did indeed waive him off and he is not kicked off the team come tomorrow a.m., that is all we need to know

oh he def waved him off with a "whatever wave". It was obvious.

Shortbusjeff
10-24-2013, 10:57 PM
my eye sight ain't so good, but it looked like to me he was punching at the ball in the pile
and i took it that he was giving the whatever wave to the "ref".

however, we are certainly not an inspired team and not sure we will/can win another game.

we have are investing to much money in the stadium to let it be empty next year. i was hoping mullen
could do something this year but the players don't appear to want to go all out for him.

Pay the money and let him go, it's gonna happen in the future so might as well bite the bullet now and
start from scratch while we still have some young talent for a new staff to work with.

Bully13
10-24-2013, 11:02 PM
my eye sight ain't so good, but it looked like to me he was punching at the ball in the pile

however, we are certainly not an inspired team and not sure we will/can win another game.

we have are investing to much money in the stadium to let it be empty next year. i was hoping mullen
could do something this year but the players don't appear to want to go all out for him.

Pay the money and let him go, it's gonna happen in the future so might as well bite the bullet now and
start from scratch while we still have some young talent for a new staff to work with.

good post ; plus one

engie
10-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Yep

laureldawg
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM

This is exactly my thoughts!

CadaverDawg
10-24-2013, 11:09 PM

Good first post.

I agree, except I think Nickoe was trying to take cheap shots on the guy. He was punching through a facemask, so he had to have known the ball was not in the guy's helmet. But that's not worth discussing at length. I agree completely about scrapping it and giving Hud a full cupboard. Hell, I would be in favor of us trying to make the change mid season at this point....although I know that will never happen

DownwardDawg
10-24-2013, 11:10 PM

Yep. Nice new EMPTY stadium expansion. It's not gonna look very good on tv.

hailmari
10-25-2013, 12:01 AM
What happened to MAYHEM? All I heard all summer about our defense was F'n MAYHEM.. They have their moments but there's just not enough "swarm" in our guys.