PDA

View Full Version : South End Zone

ejdallas322
07-24-2019, 08:44 PM
I feel like this situation with finally bowling in Davis Wade will be like the movie Field of Dreams: If you build it, they will come. If we put seats in the south endzone more people will be eager to attend just because a bowled in-stadium look very cool and we would take great pride in it. I can't wait until Cohen comes up with a plan to make this happen ASAP.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2019, 08:46 PM
We can go round & round about what needs to be done in the South endzone, but here is the cold.hard. fact:

It looks like absolute shit on TV, in person, & is likely the biggest eyesore in the entire SEC outside of Vandy's entire stadium. It's needs to be fixed

somebodyshotmypaw
07-24-2019, 08:54 PM
I don't feel like we should bowl in the south end zone. We are in an era of declining attendance. With the capacity we have now, it is rarely full, and it's always easy to get tickets.

Now improvements can be made. It doesn't bother me like it evidently does Shotgun, but some changes might be welcome. I just don't think adding a bunch of seats is the answer.

R2Dawg
07-24-2019, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure how to best do something to South endzone but I don't really like just a plain bowl. There is nothing special about that and just like everyone else. I like having a little character to our stadium, kinda like our baseball facility. We need something special not ordinary when we do something. A bowl is boring on both ends.

With the trend in declining attendance, I'm not sure we can justify anything right now anyway.

ejdallas322
07-24-2019, 08:55 PM
We can go round & round about what needs to be done in the South endzone, but here is the cold.hard. fact:

It looks like absolute shit on TV, in person, & is likely the biggest eyesore in the entire SEC outside of Vandy's entire stadium. It's needs to be fixed

The funny thing is that Vandy will never get an upgrade in football bc their entire campus and facilities are land locked within Nashville. One thing I would like to say is that first before we do any expansion is that we shape up the interior parts on every side of the stadium. We have already started that with the upgrade we have had in concession stands lately.

Lord McBuckethead
07-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Just the lower bowl, around 40 rows or so. Then do an amazing double sided premium M Club area with a few floors premium bix seats. Above that, do and amazing, condo areas. Got to be mostly glass both sides of the condo. I would make sure they look at the acoustical design and keep the corners open like Seatles stadium.

Now if they continue with that "Days Inn" version the showed us a few months ago......well that is not what we need.

Lord McBuckethead
07-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Just to claify, the condos and the mclub should have views to the Junction and field area.

ejdallas322
07-24-2019, 09:01 PM
You can still bolw in a stadium and have character to it at the same time. Great example is Oklahoma's recent renovation. I just hate how the south endzone is right now, it looks so quiet and abandoned downed there. My family are M-club members and I never really found the M-club that impressive as of late.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-24-2019, 09:02 PM

Why don't you tell us how you really feel...…

Damn, the South End Zone isn't that bad and is kinda unique. I agree with others that the money should be directed to the area under the stands, with more restrooms, concessions and other amenities.

ejdallas322
07-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Also I feel like something needs to be done to the west side of the stadium because it's smaller than the east and it would look nice to equalize the sides.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Also I feel like something needs to be done to the west side of the stadium because it's smaller than the east and it would look nice to equalize the sides.

I understand this, but having something in the Southendzone that can be seen on TV & holds sound will do much much more for the brand & perception of the stadium.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Why don't you tell us how you really feel...…

Damn, the South End Zone isn't that bad and is kinda unique. I agree with others that the money should be directed to the area under the stands, with more restrooms, concessions and other amenities.

It's shitty type of unique. It's not attractive to recruits & people watching on TV. It needs to be fixed

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Personally, I want something steep that holds sound in while bowling in the stadium.

That doesn't have to be seat, although my favorite idea is to chair back the stadium, which would reduce seats, & then bowl in the South Endzone.

For example, here is Heinz Field. To the eye, if it were a college stadium, you would think it sat 85K or so, but it only seats 68K. By chairbacking the stadium, we can make the place look significantly better while offering the fans a greater experience.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4knnhLadEy0/maxresdefault.jpg

ejdallas322
07-24-2019, 09:20 PM
I actually agree with Shotgun in a way. It does look unique and interesting from the outside, but during games it's pretty depressing looking over there and seeing no fans screaming and ringing cowbells, especially at night games. And then what I said before about how old and unimpressive the M-club building is.

BuckyIsAB****
07-24-2019, 09:28 PM

I think the only person who thinks this is probably you

BuckyIsAB****
07-24-2019, 09:33 PM
I think some of yall are just finding something to bitch about. Multiple national writers and publications have praised our atmosphere and stadium calling it second to none. Our whole gameday experience has been applauded by many.

If we wanna change it, Im good with it, if we dont Im good with that too. Yall acting like attendance is down by like 50 percent. If were not going to do it that shouldnt be the excuse. I think the stadium is great the way it is personally. I think that is money we could use elsewhere, like a badly badly needed IPF. Having been to both football facilities that is the only thing OM has on us at this point. Nothing else they have is close. The Palmeiro needs to become a baseball only facility. Football deserves its own and it should be better than the Palmerio. The top part of the building on the inside is peeling off and it looks bad. That would impress recruits a lot more than a south endzone expansion. Trust me

Captain Falcon
07-24-2019, 09:33 PM
Is the demand there right now? Not sure it is. If we do anything the SEZ anytime soon I feel certain it will be premium seating of some kind that doesn’t change the overall stadium capacity by much, not expanded general or chair back seating.

Our official stadium capacity is listed as 61,337. We have had only two crowds at or above capacity in the last 3 seasons, 20 home games total. The timing was right to expand the stadium in 2014 because we had been selling out every game since the middle of Mullen’s first year. Barring a great season this year I don’t know that more seating of any kind is needed right now. And I don’t think you do a big expansion there and make it a half baked one, if we’re going to do something it should be a big investment that we really commit to and I don’t think now is the time.

StarkVegasSteve
07-24-2019, 09:36 PM
If we were to bowl the SEZ, I imagine we would then probably make the entire lowerbowl chairbacks to try and keep the attendance around the same

Todd4State
07-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Whatever happened to the hotel idea? If that happens, I actually think that's a really good idea. It bowls in/encloses the stadium. It is something that MSU can use year round. They can and I'm sure they will charge an arm and leg for it during football season. I'm sure there are a lot of people that tailgate in the Junction that would love to have a room as a base of operations per say with a bathroom, a place to store food and etc. We can use it in recruiting in that we can have players stay there on visits- pretty sure Ole Miss has one or they use one to leave their backpacks of cash in the room. Not saying we should do that by the way....

It's also within walking distance of The Cotton District which is a good thing for those staying there I would think.

Not to mention the premium they could charge for a room that faces the field with a balcony.

Plus the fact of the matter is attendance in college football is declining and who knows if it will ever rebound? Likely not. Now is not the time to add more seats. Which is why I like Shotgun's idea about adding permanent seats instead of the bleachers.

Todd4State
07-24-2019, 09:41 PM
Is the demand there right now? Not sure it is. If we do anything the SEZ anytime soon I feel certain it will be premium seating of some kind that doesn?t change the overall stadium capacity by much, not expanded general or chair back seating.

Our official stadium capacity is listed as 61,337. We have had only two crowds at or above capacity in the last 3 seasons, 20 home games total. The timing was right to expand the stadium in 2014 because we had been selling out every game since the middle of Mullen?s first year. Barring a great season this year I don?t know that more seating of any kind is needed right now. And I don?t think you do a big expansion there and make it a half baked one, if we?re going to do something it should be a big investment that we really commit to and I don?t think now is the time.

Plus there are other sports that need facility upgrades. Namely basketball. Football has to wait their "turn".

I'm just randomly guessing that they will enclose the stadium around 2022 -2023.

MaroonFlounder
07-24-2019, 09:41 PM
Talking about a stadium addition when you're not ever gonna be one of the butts in the seats.

"how it looks on TV".

Because that's the only perspective you'll ever have.

Let's let some people who actually go to games give their 2 cents how about it.

Empty seats look like shit on TV.

Leave the south endzone alone.

BuckyIsAB****
07-24-2019, 09:43 PM
Yall say attendance is down but let us win a few in a row to start the year and see how many show up for the UK and LSU games. It will be a packed house. Attendance may be down, and I am guilty of not going to as many myself. I used to make every home game, then I started coaching and its just tough to get back up on Saturdays and to throw in the fact that every single SEC game can be watched from your couch its just not as appealing. Gameday is fun and its better than ever, but I dont blame anyone who decides to stay home and crack open a natty and grill.

Like I've said, that is money we could use somewhere else. A stadium expansion right now isnt a great help to the program. A IPF would be, so would extra parking but thats another story

Maroonthirteen
07-24-2019, 09:44 PM

The whole west side needs to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. In my opinion

Todd4State
07-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Talking about a stadium addition when you're not ever gonna be one of the butts in the seats.

"how it looks on TV".

Because that's the only perspective you'll ever have.

Let's let some people who actually go to games give their 2 cents how about it.

Empty seats look like shit on TV.

Leave the south endzone alone.

I go to games and I don't think the Renaissance fair tents look good and I do think the M-Club Building is outdated. The M-Club Room is even worse on the inside if you have ever been in there for a game. There aren't really any seats so the former athletes have to pile up chairs at the front of the window to watch the game. That's an issue when you have people like my Mom trying to watch a game and Croom's entire offensive line is sitting in front of her and the seats are at the same level or some former basketball player.

I don't know what MSU will do in the future as far as the South end zone but the M-Club members need their own section somewhere that is more comfortable. Like some kind of club seating or maybe a special area in the new hotel with seats where they can go outside and watch the game.

Todd4State
07-24-2019, 09:49 PM
Yall say attendance is down but let us win a few in a row to start the year and see how many show up for the UK and LSU games. It will be a packed house. Attendance may be down, and I am guilty of not going to as many myself. I used to make every home game, then I started coaching and its just tough to get back up on Saturdays and to throw in the fact that every single SEC game can be watched from your couch its just not as appealing. Gameday is fun and its better than ever, but I dont blame anyone who decides to stay home and crack open a natty and grill.

Like I've said, that is money we could use somewhere else. A stadium expansion right now isnt a great help to the program. A IPF would be, so would extra parking but thats another story

We may sell out USM (maybe), LSU, and Bama. Having the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving hurts attendance as well.

Todd4State
07-24-2019, 09:51 PM
The whole west side needs to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. In my opinion

I don't know about that. They pretty much just renovated everything under the West side and underneath the West side is pretty good honestly. I would install seats. If I had to do anything and was hell bent on trying to make the stadium match up- just renovate the upper deck on the West side. If it looks OK.

MaroonFlounder
07-24-2019, 09:54 PM
Like I've said, that is money we could use somewhere else. A stadium expansion right now isnt a great help to the program. A IPF would be

Yes to a true 100-yard Indoor Practice Facility

That can be used year round and make our team BETTER.

Don't spend millions of dollars on a stadium that is used 7 times a freakin year.

vindastra
07-24-2019, 09:56 PM
Put a media centre like this

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Lord%27s_Media_Centre.jpg/2560px-Lord%27s_Media_Centre.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Media_Centre

WPDawg
07-24-2019, 10:11 PM
I like the open end stadium. You can see some of campus from inside and you can see inside of stadium from outside. Bowled in stadiums have no character.

No need to add more seats as average attendance will never grow very much more than it is now. Spend available money on something else.

Not a bad idea to improve M-Club building to provide some stadium type seating to M-Club members within the parameter of the current footprint.

BuckyIsAB****
07-24-2019, 10:36 PM
Yes to a true 100-yard Indoor Practice Facility

That can be used year round and make our team BETTER.

Don't spend millions of dollars on a stadium that is used 7 times a freakin year.

We probably have the worst IPF I have been too. It is not good to put it nicely compared to Bama and OM. OM doesnt have much else that is on our level except for their IPF. It connects to their stadium, houses all of their offices and weight room. Its nice but thats about all the stood out to me.

Jarius
07-25-2019, 01:38 AM
We do need to do something with the South End zone. The hotel idea is genius if we can make it look like part of the stadium and not just some random structure. If not the hotel, we could bowl it in with premium seats, take out existing bleachers in the stadium and replace with chairbacks. That would make the stadium look better without increasing capacity. The south end zone is an eye sore. The North side looks like something Jerry jones built while the South side of the stadium looks like we are stuck in 1999.

And Bucky, I love ya but football should not have to wait its turn. Football is the reason anyone else even gets a turn.

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2019, 01:47 AM
We do need to do something with the South End zone. The hotel idea is genius if we can make it look like part of the stadium and not just some random structure. If not the hotel, we could bowl it in with premium seats, take out existing bleachers in the stadium and replace with chairbacks. That would make the stadium look better without increasing capacity. The south end zone is an eye sore. The North side looks like something Jerry jones built while the South side of the stadium looks like we are stuck in 1999.

And Bucky, I love ya but football should not have to wait its turn. Football is the reason anyone else even gets a turn.

You got me wrong. I didnt say football should wait its turn, Im just saying we could use the money for a stadium expansion for some other things that we need more at the moment. Primarily an indoor practice facility

Jarius
07-25-2019, 03:19 AM
You got me wrong. I didnt say football should wait its turn, Im just saying we could use the money for a stadium expansion for some other things that we need more at the moment. Primarily an indoor practice facility

You're correct. I meant to reply to Todd. I agree that we need an indoor facility first.

AROB44
07-25-2019, 05:25 AM
I don't feel like we should bowl in the south end zone. We are in an era of declining attendance. With the capacity we have now, it is rarely full, and it's always easy to get tickets.

Now improvements can be made. It doesn't bother me like it evidently does Shotgun, but some changes might be welcome. I just don't think adding a bunch of seats is the answer.

This!! We have the right amount of seats. No need to spend money to add empty seats. That would look worse.

Maroonthirteen
07-25-2019, 06:40 AM
I don't know about that. They pretty much just renovated everything under the West side and underneath the West side is pretty good honestly. I would install seats. If I had to do anything and was hell bent on trying to make the stadium match up- just renovate the upper deck on the West side. If it looks OK.

Regardless....The seats are a ways from the field. It has a low angle making rows 1-15 near useless. (You can’t see any action on the west side line.). No premium seating for revenue. Press box old as dirt. Quarter deck concourse is too small to service that area.

demo it as soon as the season is up. Get the new and improved lower risers in before the next season. THen InThe 2nd off season before the season after next, build the upper levels with club level, sky boxes etc etc . ....

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2019, 06:52 AM
This!! We have the right amount of seats. No need to spend money to add empty seats. That would look worse.

Have you not read the thread?

No one is vouching for adding many seats. There are other ways.

I'd also add canopies to the upper decks to hold in sound and provide shade.

MedDawg
07-25-2019, 07:22 AM
Regardless....The seats are a ways from the field. It has a low angle making rows 1-15 near useless. (You can?t see any action on the west side line.). No premium seating for revenue. Press box old as dirt. Quarter deck concourse is too small to service that area.

demo it as soon as the season is up. Get the new and improved lower risers in before the next season. THen InThe 2nd off season before the season after next, build the upper levels with club level, sky boxes etc etc . ....

I wonder if there is a way to just take out the West upper deck and replace with a full-width upper deck (maybe all chairbacks), a new pressbox, and a new West club level.

gravedigger
07-25-2019, 07:30 AM

I don?t think it looks bad except for those golf bleacher things they added.

Those do look like shit.

StarkvilleGuru
07-25-2019, 07:43 AM
If we do a stadium modification, we don't need to add seats necessarily. In bowling the South end zone, we could really make it a cool feature--instead of throwing the students there like OM did. My suggestion would be that we have something like the Falcons/Cowboys (obviously a stretch, I'm aware) and make the seating an indoor/outdoor option. You can walk outside and cheer on the dawgs, or sit inside and keep your nuts from sticking to your leg. People might pay for a good option like this, instead of more cheap seats with a shitty view.

Jarius
07-25-2019, 08:54 AM
If we do a stadium modification, we don't need to add seats necessarily. In bowling the South end zone, we could really make it a cool feature--instead of throwing the students there like OM did. My suggestion would be that we have something like the Falcons/Cowboys (obviously a stretch, I'm aware) and make the seating an indoor/outdoor option. You can walk outside and cheer on the dawgs, or sit inside and keep your nuts from sticking to your leg. People might pay for a good option like this, instead of more cheap seats with a shitty view.

That is basically the Scoreboard Club, which is amazing and is what I think the best course of action is for the SEZ if we don't build a hotel there.

smootness
07-25-2019, 09:06 AM

Please. We're constantly so worried that other fanbases make fun of us. The stadium looks great as is. There are certainly things that can be done to make it even better, but it is not even close to an eyesore.

Maroonthirteen
07-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Just FYI, as far as adding seats..... there are many many many Seats open on the east side for season ticket sales as of today.

Liverpooldawg
07-25-2019, 10:02 AM

No it isn't. Ole Miss' stadium is the worst, including Vandy. It looks lopsided with one endzone totally dominating the stadium. Davis Wade suits our needs and is a very nice looking stadium, especially IN PERSON (not that you would know). THE most needed thing isn't the south endzone, it's renovations under the east side stands.

Dawgology
07-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Why don't we just make it the football version of the left field lounge. Replicate the layout of the left field lounge there and let people pay a premium to setup and tailgate/grill there. It would have to be closed off from the rest of the stadium to a certain degree but it was be 100% unique and make a pretty rowdy atmosphere down there.

BHildreth3
07-25-2019, 11:09 AM
We should do something similar to this --- I love the idea of the entrance to the left - with trees on each side of the walkway that opens up into the Junction. Make it 2 levels with a long balcony/deck overlooking the Junction, and have a restaurant and something like Steak and Shake or a Raising Cane's. The deck would be great for ESPN remotes, etc.

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/dwrrs-new-rendering.jpg

R2Dawg
07-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Why don't we just make it the football version of the left field lounge. Replicate the layout of the left field lounge there and let people pay a premium to setup and tailgate/grill there. It would have to be closed off from the rest of the stadium to a certain degree but it was be 100% unique and make a pretty rowdy atmosphere down there.

I actually like this idea. No one else has done this. We don' t need lots of extra seats yet; this adds some character and moves tailgating inside the stadium. Let opposing team run through our tailgate and our players as part of Dawg Walk. Building that type low level structure would not be that expensive and could be designed for easy seat expansion if desired later.

I also think the practice facility is a wise investment. I do think we have two of the right projects on tap right now - Hump renovation and indoor tennis facility.

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2019, 11:42 AM

Love that idea for baseball but not football.

I honestly don't understand why an MLB team hasn't attempted the LFL model

BrunswickDawg
07-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Love that idea for baseball but not football.

I honestly don't understand why an MLB team hasn't attempted the LFL model

Why not? Football has a bigger tailgate tradition and scene then baseball nationally, so the demand would be strong. No one else is thinking like that either. It would be minimal investment for now, tie in to one of our most unique traditions as a university (LFL), be a huge atmosphere changer for the south end zone, and create a unique fan experience while waiting for the funding and appropriate time for expansion.

We could even do it in a more "open" way then the LFL has been by holding a lottery for slots. You pay a refundable fee up front to be entered and are eligible for 1 draw per person, and you only get a slot for 1 game. Make the spaces big enough for 15-20. You get a set up time of Friday, get to tailgate on Saturday, and break down on Sunday. You get "passes" to give to your guests but they have to also have a ticket for the game. I think it would cool and would be in huge demand.

smootness
07-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Why not? Football has a bigger tailgate tradition and scene then baseball nationally, so the demand would be strong. No one else is thinking like that either. It would be minimal investment for now, tie in to one of our most unique traditions as a university (LFL), be a huge atmosphere changer for the south end zone, and create a unique fan experience while waiting for the funding and appropriate time for expansion.

We could even do it in a more "open" way then the LFL has been by holding a lottery for slots. You pay a refundable fee up front to be entered and are eligible for 1 draw per person, and you only get a slot for 1 game. Make the spaces big enough for 15-20. You get a set up time of Friday, get to tailgate on Saturday, and break down on Sunday. You get "passes" to give to your guests but they have to also have a ticket for the game. I think it would cool and would be in huge demand.

A few issues:

1) At DNF, you're pretty much in the open and the smoke can dissipate easily. At DWS, you have people and structures all around you, and the smoke will linger a lot more.

2) In baseball, you typically have somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 fans. So having spots that are more sparse in the outfield doesn't really impact how many people you can fit in. At DWS, taking space that could fit several thousand seats easily and using it for only a couple hundred seems inefficient.

3) It honestly would look much trashier inside DWS than it does at DNF. It adds to the charm at DNF; at DWS, it would just seem really bizarre and super redneck.

4) Football is just a different sport and a different vibe. Baseball is laid-back and is as much, or more, about the atmosphere and hanging with other people as it is about the game. Football is about the game and about being as loud and intimidating, as a fanbase, as you can be. Having some people grilling inside the stadium would actually detract from the atmosphere in football.

Jack Lambert
07-25-2019, 03:08 PM
I thought plans were already going forward to do something about the S. End Zone.

Jarius
07-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Just FYI, as far as adding seats..... there are many many many Seats open on the east side for season ticket sales as of today.

No one in this thread wants to add seats.

Lord McBuckethead
07-25-2019, 06:03 PM

No. I agree 100%.

Lord McBuckethead
07-25-2019, 06:05 PM
Put it this way, I would bowl in the football stadium before I did anything to the hump.

The bandaid they are placing on the hump, not sure if it is anything other than a 4 year refresher before we will have to build a totally new one.

Lord McBuckethead
07-25-2019, 06:06 PM
I thought plans were already going forward to do something about the S. End Zone.

There is, but the focus missed the mark, big time.

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2019, 06:14 PM
No. I agree 100%.

If you would rather ''fix'' the South Endzone before we got a new IPF it shows just how out of touch some of us really are when it comes to wanting to compete for recruits

msu15
07-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Not this again. I literally could have written Shotgun?s response word-for-word.

RocketDawg
07-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Whatever happened to the hotel idea? If that happens, I actually think that's a really good idea. It bowls in/encloses the stadium. It is something that MSU can use year round. They can and I'm sure they will charge an arm and leg for it during football season. I'm sure there are a lot of people that tailgate in the Junction that would love to have a room as a base of operations per say with a bathroom, a place to store food and etc. We can use it in recruiting in that we can have players stay there on visits- pretty sure Ole Miss has one or they use one to leave their backpacks of cash in the room. Not saying we should do that by the way....

It's also within walking distance of The Cotton District which is a good thing for those staying there I would think.

Not to mention the premium they could charge for a room that faces the field with a balcony.

Plus the fact of the matter is attendance in college football is declining and who knows if it will ever rebound? Likely not. Now is not the time to add more seats. Which is why I like Shotgun's idea about adding permanent seats instead of the bleachers.

Turning all the lower bleachers into chairback seats is a great idea, but the seat charge will be a LOT higher. Everybody would have to be prepared for that. A real seat is a lot more expensive than an 18-inch piece of aluminum.

Turfdawg67
07-25-2019, 07:39 PM
It's shitty type of unique. It's not attractive to recruits & people watching on TV. It needs to be fixed

Once a year this is a discussion, once a year you'll tell us how ugly our stadium is and once a year 90% will tell you that you're full of sh*t.

ETA... actually that last one is wrong. That'll happen many, many times.

Turfdawg67
07-25-2019, 07:50 PM

You know what they say about opinions...

ejdallas322
07-25-2019, 08:18 PM
I really love Clemson's stadium with the hill at one endzone that give fans the option to stand in to watch games.

ejdallas322
07-25-2019, 08:19 PM
But it's hard for us to do something like that bc our stadium's foundation doesn't start under the ground.

Bothrops
07-25-2019, 08:40 PM
Whatever we end up doing will have some outside the box ideas put into it. People are simply going to have to go to games though.

Goldendawg
07-25-2019, 08:59 PM
Bowl it in with a new MClub building with indoor seating leading to a balcony with outside seating. Connect to each side of the new facility with suites and with limited premium chair backs with the needed elevation for a good view. If any room is left, fill with cabanas and trolley cars, (Not!), Hail State!

Bdawg
07-25-2019, 10:44 PM

He's not the only one. But it does need to be unique. Not like OM's piece of crap high school bleachers. Now that is more embarrassing than what we have now.

BuckyIsAB****
07-26-2019, 10:33 AM
He's not the only one. But it does need to be unique. Not like OM's piece of crap high school bleachers. Now that is more embarrassing than what we have now.

There is vastly more important things we need to spend millions of dollars on right now

Lord McBuckethead
07-26-2019, 01:03 PM
I would love one complex that housed a bunch of different sports all in one area. Like take down Shira and build a better one.

Jarius
07-26-2019, 01:31 PM
There is vastly more important things we need to spend millions of dollars on right now

Outside of the football only complex, there are zero things that we need to spend millions of dollars on before we upgrade the SEZ.

BuckyIsAB****
07-26-2019, 06:41 PM
Outside of the football only complex, there are zero things that we need to spend millions of dollars on before we upgrade the SEZ.

If you say so. But I do agree the football only IPF should absolutely come before a stadium expansion at this point

Pinto
07-26-2019, 06:53 PM
I?d like to see seating in the south end zone. Take the top off the west side and build a new press box and suites end zone to end zone. Matching east side. Have it where we could add seats on top later if needed but leave off for the time being.

Hail State
07-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Replace bleachers with chair backs to the rest of the stadium thereby decreasing overall capacity by a few thousand. Then add 6,000 new seats in the South end zone with 75 percent of it being premium seating. Voila. Everyone wins and the school makes money.

Hail State
07-26-2019, 06:57 PM
Ole Miss?s shitty aluminum bleachers are ten times worse than the m club.