PDA

View Full Version : Arrest made in the recent Oxford Murder

PKADogs55
07-23-2019, 11:40 AM
https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/brandon-theesfeld/

Update on the girl from OM. Just a sad sad story.

Johnson85
07-23-2019, 11:57 AM
https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/brandon-theesfeld/

Update on the girl from OM. Just a sad sad story.

Hope for that guy's sake that it's a mixup b/c state prison in Mississippi is not going to be kind to him.

starkvegasdawg
07-23-2019, 11:58 AM
He's about to be the most sought after shower partner in Parchman.

PKADogs55
07-23-2019, 12:04 PM

Good! I hope they pound his ass until the day he keels over.

Doggie_Style
07-23-2019, 12:23 PM

Yep, Frat Daddy doesn't have the same meaning in Parchman as it did in the Grove.....he won't last long. I feel so bad for the young lady's family......you just can't get over something like this.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2019, 12:29 PM
****ing Texans.

Saltydog
07-23-2019, 01:05 PM
Just horrible and tragic for both families.....

Bothrops
07-23-2019, 01:35 PM
What a waste. Seemed like she had a bright future ahead.

ZedFedder
07-23-2019, 03:38 PM
I’ll be shocked if he is alive a year after he steps foot in prison.

Choctaw Dawg
07-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Rumors I've heard say that she was pregnant and didn't want to get rid of the baby. On top of that the suspect already had a girlfriend, so it sounds like he took the "easy" way out.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2019, 03:52 PM
Innocent until proven guilty. Plus, isn’t this the same people that prosecuted the Jessica Chambers case? I guess we’ll see.
I hope whoever did this gets what they have coming to them.

SouthMSDog
07-23-2019, 04:26 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

This... I hate how everyone on here is just immediately like "welp, I hope this kid is gang raped repeatedly in prison." Just because he was arrested doesn't mean he is guilty - the internet seemingly always forgets that we are innocent until proven guilty and that the justice system definitely makes mistakes sometimes.

Homedawg
07-23-2019, 04:32 PM
This... I hate how everyone on here is just immediately like "welp, I hope this kid is gang raped repeatedly in prison." Just because he was arrested doesn't mean he is guilty - the internet seemingly always forgets that we are innocent until proven guilty and that the justice system definitely makes mistakes sometimes.

Agree, but usually when arrests are made this fast, there's a pretty strong case. But your point is well taken

SouthMSDog
07-23-2019, 04:36 PM
but usually when arrests are made this fast

This is a something I didn't think about, but a good point.

Quaoarsking
07-23-2019, 04:43 PM
"Innocent until proven guilty" only applies if you are on the jury or the judge. Private citizens unrelated to the case have no obligation to hold their personal opinions to that standard.

That said, I doubt any of us really know anything about the case beyond what's being reported, so feel free to reserve judgment. But no one should feel any obligation to wait for the verdict if you feel the evidence is strong enough.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2019, 04:58 PM
"Innocent until proven guilty" only applies if you are on the jury or the judge. Private citizens unrelated to the case have no obligation to hold their personal opinions to that standard.

That said, I doubt any of us really know anything about the case beyond what's being reported, so feel free to reserve judgment. But no one should feel any obligation to wait for the verdict if you feel the evidence is strong enough.

Very good point. I’m just one of those people that watches ID (Investigation Discovery) all the time. Especially since I’ve been sitting at home recovering. There’s some wild cases out there that seemed so obvious until some time passes and the case falls apart. I just hope they find and fry the right person.

timotheus
07-23-2019, 06:00 PM
If he is the person who came to her apartment and picked her up around midnite then he in a heap pf trouble. You never know though, maybe he picked her up and she got out of the car mad and attempted to walk back and was the kidnapped? But if the weapon is traced back to him, no dice.

Dolphus Raymond
07-23-2019, 06:16 PM
I am all about due process, but I think it is safe bet this gentleman committed the crime. We will see.

Dawg2003
07-23-2019, 07:17 PM
I definitely withhold judgement until I have all the facts, but the fact that he was arrested so quickly doesn't bode well.

starkvegasdawg
07-23-2019, 08:02 PM
Let me amend my statement, if he is proven guilty...then I hope he is violated like no one ever before

basedog
07-23-2019, 08:15 PM
My daughter knows the girl and guy. She was in her sorority, I'm not making judgements or spreading rumors but what I'm hearing is a scary thought. This could have been my daughter or yours. You never know who or what "some" people are really like.

timotheus
07-23-2019, 08:49 PM
Was he just a loose cannon all the time who always wanted his way?

swdawg
07-23-2019, 08:52 PM
This is Lafayette County. I believe that was Panola County.

Innocent until proven guilty. Plus, isn?t this the same people that prosecuted the Jessica Chambers case? I guess we?ll see.
I hope whoever did this gets what they have coming to them.

timotheus
07-24-2019, 06:26 AM
Yes, this case would be under a different DA than Panola County. It'll be interesting if he is in fact indicted as to whether he is pressed to do a plea deal under this DA.

louisvilledawg
07-24-2019, 08:33 AM
Yep, Frat Daddy doesn't have the same meaning in Parchman as it did in the Grove.....he won't last long. I feel so bad for the young lady's family......you just can't get over something like this.

I feel bad for both families tbh. Both went to bed the night before where everything was right in the world. The next day, everything completely changed for forever.

StateDawg44
07-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Rumors I've heard say that she was pregnant and didn't want to get rid of the baby. On top of that the suspect already had a girlfriend, so it sounds like he took the "easy" way out.

This seems to be the case, unfortunately.

Not sure about the second part though.

Rayburn8
07-24-2019, 09:57 AM
This is just sad all around, sad for the girl’s family, but also for the killer’s (if he is guilty.)

This guys sister was sorority sisters with the girl killed, she’ll have to transfer now and probably lost all her friends for something her brother may have done.

Johnson85
07-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Was he just a loose cannon all the time who always wanted his way?

I have a morbid curious about this as well. I think everybody has seen girls wrapped up with guys that treat them like shit and seem to be horrible human beings in general to boot. Always extremely sad to see girls spend several years or longer miserable because of it. Assuming the rumors about the "relationship" are true, I'd be curious as to whether people around her could tell she was obviously making a terrible mistake (even if not envisioning something this tragic) or whether he seemed generally ok and just went off the depend.

TrapGame
07-24-2019, 11:12 AM
I have two girls in college so this just tears me up. I feel so bad for both families.

PKADogs55
07-24-2019, 12:33 PM
This is just sad all around, sad for the girl’s family, but also for the killer’s (if he is guilty.)

This guys sister was sorority sisters with the girl killed, she’ll have to transfer now and probably lost all her friends for something her brother may have done.

Just a lot around this case does not make sense at all, but you never know with people sometimes. IF .. and that's a big IF .. If this guy is somehow not guilty, not only will his sister transfer, or forever be scarred ... Does he in turn leave Ole Miss, and transfer off as well? How would that look on his part?

PKADogs55
07-24-2019, 12:59 PM
https://hottytoddy.com/2019/07/24/photos-emerge-connecting-kostial-theesfeld-at-social-functions/?fbclid=IwAR3_qAtbG-yzoNu9FjwgRo6iTkQ5tzo7xU4EgVubwBWWo2_zJUn60HPyzFo

17 him.

Doggie_Style
07-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Just a lot around this case does not make sense at all, but you never know with people sometimes. IF .. and that's a big IF .. If this guy is somehow not guilty, not only will his sister transfer, or forever be scarred ... Does he in turn leave Ole Miss, and transfer off as well? How would that look on his part?

They have this fool dead to rights....murder weapon, bloody clothes, cell phone records and clear motive. He gone

StarkVegasSteve
07-24-2019, 01:07 PM
They have this fool dead to rights....murder weapon, bloody clothes, cell phone records and clear motive. He gone

If all that's came out is true then this fool's dad wasted a bunch of money to get a hot shot lawyer when he could've just let his son get a public defender. Hell, he'd honestly have about as much of a chance defending himself.

JDAWG21
07-24-2019, 04:49 PM

Rumors I?ve heard. she was supposedly about 16 weeks pregnant. They drove out to Sardis lake and sat down on a bench. That?s when he begged her to have an abortion. She said she wanted to keep the baby so he told she could just stay out there and that?s when he went back to get his gun. Supposedly shot her 8 times. He did have a girlfriend and drove up to Memphis to see her. Girlfriend saw blood and a gun in his truck and called authorities.

ScoobaDawg
07-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Rumors I?ve heard. she was supposedly about 16 weeks pregnant. They drove out to Sardis lake and sat down on a bench. That?s when he begged her to have an abortion. She said she wanted to keep the baby so he told she could just stay out there and that?s when he went back to get his gun. Supposedly shot her 8 times. He did have a girlfriend and drove up to Memphis to see her. Girlfriend saw blood and a gun in his truck and called authorities.

Sounds plausible but put the reality check on it... How could anyone know what was said out unless she texted someone or he confessed....

somebodyshotmypaw
07-24-2019, 07:12 PM
I have a morbid curious about this as well. I think everybody has seen girls wrapped up with guys that treat them like shit and seem to be horrible human beings in general to boot. Always extremely sad to see girls spend several years or longer miserable because of it. Assuming the rumors about the "relationship" are true, I'd be curious as to whether people around her could tell she was obviously making a terrible mistake (even if not envisioning something this tragic) or whether he seemed generally ok and just went off the depend.

When I was in college, it always seemed that the jerks could get a date easier than the nice guys. Chicks loved a bad boy. I had a good friend that was terrible to women, but he always had them lined up because of his good looks, charm, money, etc. To this very day, he's never had a problem getting women. But he's had 3 marriages and 3 divorces. And has a hottie falling all over him now.

Ezsoil
07-24-2019, 08:12 PM
This is a something I didn't think about, but a good point.

With today's technology..it really has changed how police connect the dots....movements can be monitored and recreated so easily even by Departments with limited resources.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-24-2019, 08:24 PM
The Benton County Mississippi Fareses are going to represent him.... if they can?t get him off, no one can.

dantheman4248
07-25-2019, 04:40 AM
People advocating rape is absolutely disgusting. He’ll get due process and a fair trial from the court. Wishing death / rape on anyone is simply horrible. I don’t care what they’ve done. A ****ing joke to hear from some of y’all because I’d be willing to bet you’re all “Christians”.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

timotheus
07-25-2019, 06:01 AM
Maybe he is put on death row and is in solitary. That should do it.

Matt3467
07-25-2019, 06:22 AM
When I was in college, it always seemed that the jerks could get a date easier than the nice guys. Chicks loved a bad boy. I had a good friend that was terrible to women, but he always had them lined up because of his good looks, charm, money, etc. To this very day, he's never had a problem getting women. But he's had 3 marriages and 3 divorces. And has a hottie falling all over him now.

Same. I had a family member stay with me several years back and he's a lot like the guy you mentioned. He was new to the area and wanted to meet women so he added all the pretty ones he could find in the area on Myspace (yea a while back) and copy pasted the same message to everyone of them wanting to get to know them, etc. He got plenty of girls like that and even after several showed up at the same time (ironically) at our house to surprise him on his birthday half of them stayed around. Just goes to show that there's a lot more dummies in this world than the other way around.

gravedigger
07-25-2019, 08:07 AM
People advocating rape is absolutely disgusting. He’ll get due process and a fair trial from the court. Wishing death / rape on anyone is simply horrible. I don’t care what they’ve done. A ****ing joke to hear from some of y’all because I’d be willing to bet you’re all “Christians”.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

When things like this happen, people imagine it happening to their loved ones and the emotion they?d feel. That is why they express what they do.

People of faith have bad thought too and it doesn?t make them less of a follower of their higher power.

I hope this kid gets put in a cell and lives to a very old age in it so he has to anticipate facing up to his creator. But that?s revenge too and not much different than wishing he would be harmed in prison.

So don?t act like you don?t have those emotions. We all want him to experience some form of the pain and fear he inflicted on her and her family.

PKADogs55
07-25-2019, 08:11 AM
When things like this happen, people imagine it happening to their loved ones and the emotion they?d feel. That is why they express what they do.

People of faith have bad thought too and it doesn?t make them less of a follower of their higher power.

I hope this kid gets put in a cell and lives to a very old age in it so he has to anticipate facing up to his creator. But that?s revenge too and not much different than wishing he would be harmed in prison.

So don?t act like you don?t have those emotions. We all want him to experience some form of the pain and fear he inflicted on her and her family.

Amen!!

dantheman4248
07-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Hence why I said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I ain’t without it.

It’s disgusting and twisted to wish rape / death upon someone else, period. Just because everyone does something doesn’t mean it should be considered acceptable.

TrapGame
07-25-2019, 08:30 AM
I see this has made national news. This is terrible and certainly not the sort of attention ole miss wants. I hate ole miss but they don't deserve to have a murder hang around their campus. No college does.

DownwardDawg
07-25-2019, 08:52 AM

Excellent post.

gravedigger
07-25-2019, 10:13 AM
I see this has made national news. This is terrible and certainly not the sort of attention ole miss wants. I hate ole miss but they don't deserve to have a murder hang around their campus. No college does.

The motivation behind it perplexes me. I get people do insane things. But to explode like this, and empty a clip into a person over a very manageable issue seems like there was some other prevailing factor. One we may not know yet.

Saltydog
07-25-2019, 12:01 PM
Hell, Tony Farese got a woman off the hook who had shot her husband (who was a preacher) in the back. She killed him and snatched up the kids and left Selmer TN and they found her at a condo on the Bama coast. She got off scott free. Look up the Winkler case. Nancy Grace was all over this one.

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2019, 12:02 PM
Hence why I said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I ain’t without it.

It’s disgusting and twisted to wish rape / death upon someone else, period. Just because everyone does something doesn’t mean it should be considered acceptable.

He killed an innocent girl in cold blood. He devastated an entire family for the rest of their lives. The asshat deserves everything that happens to him in prison and I won't lose one second of sleep at night knowing he's getting it.

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2019, 12:07 PM
Hell, Tony Farese got a woman off the hook who had shot her husband (who was a preacher) in the back. She killed him and snatched up the kids and left Selmer TN and they found her at a condo on the Bama coast. She got off scott free. Look up the Winkler case. Nancy Grace was all over this one.

Wasn't the preacher abusing her or something?

TrapGame
07-25-2019, 12:43 PM
Wasn't the preacher abusing her or something?

That was the defense. Although, watching the Dateline episode she had a shady past and some mental issues. Congregation members found it hard to believe he abused her. No one saw anything that would suggest he was an abusive husband.

Dental Dawg33
07-25-2019, 01:19 PM
He killed an innocent girl in cold blood. He devastated an entire family for the rest of their lives. The asshat deserves everything that happens to him in prison and I won't lose one second of sleep at night knowing he's getting it.

Agreed. I know it's wrong but I don't care. If it went down like it sounds, he deserves everything and more. If it were my daughter I would have already found a way to end him.

Johnson85
07-25-2019, 02:01 PM

I won't lose any sleep over him in particular, but I do think that basically state sanctioned anal raping is a black mark on our society. At the very least, if we aren't going to make a real effort to prevent it in all prisons, we should do more to separate people convicted of violent crimes from those convicted of non-violent crimes, and those in the less violent prisons that rape another prisoner should get moved to the more violent prison. Putting somebody at significant risk of getting anally raped because of a felony theft, or even something as serious as vehicular manslaughter, is disproportionate and it makes no sense to me that we would be adamantly against torture but a-ok with the status of our prisons.

timotheus
07-25-2019, 02:37 PM
If he is in fact convicted of this crime then put him in with the ones who did violent crimes.

Bothrops
07-25-2019, 03:49 PM
Just another spoiled, sociopathic kid from a wealthy dad that wasn't taught right from wrong. There are far too many like him coming out into the world.

sleepy dawg
07-26-2019, 10:46 AM
The motivation behind it perplexes me. I get people do insane things. But to explode like this, and empty a clip into a person over a very manageable issue seems like there was some other prevailing factor. One we may not know yet.

I feel the same as you. If the story we're being fed turns out to be true, this guy could've ended up an assassin for a career. The only thing that would make sense is he is a complete psychopath, but if that was the case I feel he would've had a better plan. It sounds very premeditated. Very well thought out just to leave so much evidence. It sounds like a made for TV movie on Lifetime.

dedawg9
07-26-2019, 11:14 AM

OJ Simpson agrees with this post.....in more than one way!!......smh

RougeDawg
07-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Just another spoiled, sociopathic kid from a wealthy dad that wasn't taught right from wrong. There are far too many like him coming out into the world.

This. Seems that the latest generation has more and more of these ?Reset the game? ?let?s not keep score? type entitled asshats. The lack off accountability at all levels of the developmental years in this nation is almost absent. The ?it?s always someone else?s fault? indoctrination of our youth is producing these idiots who do not know how to deal with any adversity. Critical thinking and conflict resolution is lacking with these people.

BeardoMSU
07-26-2019, 05:02 PM
I won't lose any sleep over him in particular, but I do think that basically state sanctioned anal raping is a black mark on our society. At the very least, if we aren't going to make a real effort to prevent it in all prisons, we should do more to separate people convicted of violent crimes from those convicted of non-violent crimes, and those in the less violent prisons that rape another prisoner should get moved to the more violent prison. Putting somebody at significant risk of getting anally raped because of a felony theft, or even something as serious as vehicular manslaughter, is disproportionate and it makes no sense to me that we would be adamantly against torture but a-ok with the status of our prisons.

The situation in our prison system is totally ****ed. Rape, gangs, race, everything. Its barbaric.

BeardoMSU
07-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Dp

starkvegasdawg
07-26-2019, 07:59 PM
The situation in our prison system is totally ****ed. Rape, gangs, race, everything. Its barbaric.

It's full of bad people with a history of bad choices.

BeardoMSU
07-26-2019, 08:15 PM
It's full of bad people with a history of bad choices.
True, but bad choices of varying degree....that distinctionmatters. A lot. Plus, the entire point of prison is for one to pay their debt to society, and in some cases, make it out one day and be a functioning member of said society. That's not what the system does, currently.

timotheus
07-26-2019, 09:45 PM
prob take some taxes being raised to make sum these dudes into functioning members of anything. they gotta want to first

Todd4State
07-27-2019, 12:45 AM

I remember going to Parchman on a field trip in 9th grade. It was part of a class- I wasn't a "bad kid" or anything. But they did have some prisoners speak to us- pretty much a watered down version of scared straight except where they acted mean and tough except they didn't get in anyone's face and all of that.

But I was absolutely shocked at the time when they talked about raping people and making shanks- and they showed us some- and all of that. And my thought was "what are the prison guards doing the whole time?"

It's a totally different culture where certain other individuals enforce things.

Todd4State
07-27-2019, 12:47 AM
True, but bad choices of varying degree....that distinctionmatters. A lot. Plus, the entire point of prison is for one to pay their debt to society, and in some cases, make it out one day and be a functioning member of said society. That's not what the system does, currently.

From what I have seen on TV- I thought the "non-violent offenders" were kept in one area and the violent ones were in "General population" or whatever? Unless you were someone that did drugs and acted up in minimum security and then you got transferred to GP?

timotheus
07-27-2019, 05:46 AM
Oxford now has 2 upcoming murder trials, both of which could be made for TV movies. The officer charged with the shooting of the girlfriend and now the sardis lake murder are two very very interesting cases. I expect a change of venue attempt in the case of the police officer's trial. With the Farese Firm representing the Theesfeld guy, they could hold court in the Pavilion and sell tickets as most courtrooms won't accommodate the large number of on lookers.

DownwardDawg
07-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Oxford now has 2 upcoming murder trials, both of which could be made for TV movies. The officer charged with the shooting of the girlfriend and now the sardis lake murder are two very very interesting cases. I expect a change of venue attempt in the case of the police officer's trial. With the Farese Firm representing the Theesfeld guy, they could hold court in the Pavilion and sell tickets as most courtrooms won't accommodate the large number of on lookers.

No doubt. They’ve had several shows on the Jessica Chambers murder. Unfortunately, they’ll never convict the guy responsible for her murder.

timotheus
07-27-2019, 02:05 PM
Both these will be under a different DA so I expect better and smoother proceedings.

DownwardDawg
07-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Both these will be under a different DA so I expect better and smoother proceedings.

Oh yeah, I was referring to the tv shows that will definitely be coming.

Johnson85
07-29-2019, 01:45 PM

Yup. We shouldn't put people in a place like Parchman or Angola unless the expectation is that they'll never leave. I know not all camps in Parchman are the same, but none of them are conducive to helping somebody become a functioning member of society and most of them are likely to produce somebody more warped than the person that went in.

Lord McBuckethead
07-29-2019, 04:38 PM
That mother 17er looked exactly like I thought he would. Wow. That is what a sociopath looks like when they try to blend in with the UM guys. Looks just like them. Perfect camo.

timotheus
07-30-2019, 07:15 AM
From talking to folks in town it seems that this guy didn't really need close friends because he thought so highly of himself. I just do not understand why he thought this ending would be a solution to anything. He has ruined his victims family as well as what family he had left.

Maroonthirteen
07-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Damn, y’all went to Parchman? They brought the prisoners to us at the school.

They told their stories about your first night in Parchman and how they gain your trust only to deliver a bill to you late one night by bending you over a barrel.

When we got to the QandA one student asked the prisoner if that scenario happened to him. The prisoner got mad and started cussing the student. They escort the prisoner out of the gym.

Hilarious. If You had been there.

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Damn, y’all went to Parchman? They brought the prisoners to us at the school.

They told their stories about your first night in Parchman and how they gain your trust only to deliver a bill to you late one night by bending you over a barrel.

When we got to the QandA one student asked the prisoner if that scenario happened to him. The prisoner got mad and started cussing the student. They escort the prisoner out of the gym.

Hilarious. If You had been there.

Guy I went to high school with ended up being a guard in the max security section of Parchman. I ran into him one day at Walmart and asked him if the stereotype of prison life was true. He looked me dead in the eye and said if you go to prison it's not a question of if you get raped. It's a question of when you get raped and how often you get raped. Said if you go there you will be raped and not a damn thing the guards can do to stop it. And that included the max security section.

Dawg2003
07-30-2019, 07:17 PM
I had a friend who majored in criminal justice in college. There was some study done where over half the respondents admitted to engaging in consensual same sex encounters (for lack of a better word) in prison, men and women. These were people that weren't gay and went back to heterosexual relationships after release.

timotheus
07-30-2019, 09:36 PM
I personally know a female who engaged in lesbian activity while locked up for an extended time. She is now out and doing well and is not a lesbian. I also know of 2 guys who both were in parchman for several years and multiple stays. They said it is pure hell 24/7.

Goldendawg
07-30-2019, 11:42 PM
When I was in the 8th grade, 1969, they took us on a class trip to Parchman. I remember the guide getting tee'd off because some of us wanted to see the gas chamber in addition to the old electric chair. I think they were still using the old trustee system back then and there was a lot of work going on in the fields. I bought a homemade knife from a trustee for a souvenir. He was allowed to sell this and other items. Still seems weird today. Times have changed, but that trip stayed with us all.