PDA

View Full Version : Interesting mock draft 2020

msstate7
07-23-2019, 09:59 AM
https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2020/

Has us with 2 1st rounders, Dantzler and Williams. It also has lee autry as a 4th; didn't expect that, kinda doubt it. Rivers is a 6th.

OM has 2 LBs (sam Williams and Sheppard) listed, along with an oline, Phillips, and Jones.

sscjr1
07-23-2019, 10:07 AM
When did Benito Jones transfer? Usually this works the other way around

msstate7
07-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Haha... I have to say, he'd be welcomed at DT

Jack Lambert
07-23-2019, 10:13 AM
Rivers will be in the first two rounds.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2019, 10:15 AM

I imagine Jones regrets going to Ole Miss.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2019, 10:26 AM

He's going to have to play amazing this season for that. His measuarables aren't going to do him any favors.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2019, 10:33 AM
He's going to have to play amazing this season for that. His measuarables aren't going to do him any favors.

I have been re watching last seasons games and when he was in no drop off in play and he was always around the ball. He is fast and he plays bigger then he is.

Homedawg
07-23-2019, 10:46 AM
Rivers is going to have a really good year. But he's not an elite pass rusher and he has short arms. I can't see him going that early.

BrunswickDawg
07-23-2019, 10:47 AM

Has us with 2 1st rounders, Dantzler and Williams. It also lee autry as a 4th; didn't expect that, kinda doubt it. Rivers is a 6th.

OM has 2 LBs (sam Williams and Sheppard) listed, along with an oline, Phillips, and Jones.

Autry is a very good DT, but was in the shadow of a couple of phenoms. He has a brother who has proven to be a pretty valuable NFL DT after being a UDFA. Add to it that MSU has a lot of DL talent in the NFL right now overall. I think you will see more teams take our DLs as long as we keep getting talent to the league.

BuckyIsAB****
07-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Rivers, Marquis Spencer and Fletcher Adams all have a shot in the league. None of the 3 are going to blow away the combine, except for the shuttle and a 40 but all 3 have great motors and play low. Spencer is probably the best pass rusher, Adams has the best motor and Rivers is the best overall

Ari Gold
07-23-2019, 10:57 AM
We will have lots of guys drafted. More than last year. Just won?t have the 3 first rounders .
But will have more the first 2 days than last year

I have actually seen one NFL teams list draft eligible players .. lots of Bulldogs on it and more than an handful in the middle to upper half.

msstate7
07-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Autry is a very good DT, but was in the shadow of a couple of phenoms. He has a brother who has proven to be a pretty valuable NFL DT after being a UDFA. Add to it that MSU has a lot of DL talent in the NFL right now overall. I think you will see more teams take our DLs as long as we keep getting talent to the league.

If autry is indeed an nfl pick this year, that would be huge for us considering the turnover at that position.

Opusdawg
07-23-2019, 11:19 AM
Zuber is listed, as well.

msstate7
07-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Zuber is listed, as well.

Nice catch, 6th round

BulldogDX55
07-23-2019, 11:43 AM
And yet none of our players are listed in the top 100 college players list I saw the other day.

Homedawg
07-23-2019, 11:47 AM
We will have lots of guys drafted. More than last year. Just won?t have the 3 first rounders .
But will have more the first 2 days than last year

I have actually seen one NFL teams list draft eligible players .. lots of Bulldogs on it and more than an handful in the middle to upper half.

That's a bold prediction. We had 4 in the top 2 rounds. You think we have 5 or more in the top 3?

R2Dawg
07-23-2019, 12:25 PM

Has us with 2 1st rounders, Dantzler and Williams. It also has lee autry as a 4th; didn't expect that, kinda doubt it. Rivers is a 6th.

Autry is surprising, maybe our DT spot not as bad as some think.

No Thompson or Gay is maybe more shocking. No Hill mentioned either?

I think Rivers could go as high as 4th round. Cole also could be a draftee.

Jack Lambert
07-23-2019, 12:31 PM
Rivers is going to have a really good year. But he's not an elite pass rusher and he has short arms. I can't see him going that early.

I am going by what I saw last season and if you can play you can play. That's the bottom line. I think the NFL is past the Porto type hype.

Ari Gold
07-23-2019, 01:55 PM
That's a bold prediction. We had 4 in the top 2 rounds. You think we have 5 or more in the top 3?

Based on what I saw yes.
There was one player that I didn’t think would be as high and one that I thought would be higher.

Bothrops
07-23-2019, 01:57 PM
No Thompson or Gay is maybe more shocking.

Thompson will play in the NFL.

Ari Gold
07-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Did anyone on here think Abram would be a first rounder? He wasn’t even a starter early in his Jr year
I think we all were locked In on Simmons going round one but Sweat only got like a 3rd or 4th round grade after JR season

Bottom line it’s looks like Dantzler and Williams are our 2 locks for first 1-3 rounds.
And we have about 4 -5 other guys that have a great chance to have their names called day 2.
And even if they don’t there will be a bunch of Dawgs names called if some of the Jrs test the waters early.

Ari Gold
07-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Thompson will play in the NFL.

They were both on the scouts list I saw , and both were high prospects.

smootness
07-23-2019, 02:34 PM
I love seeing our guys listed high on these lists and drafted high, and this is proof that the more talent you produce that succeeds at the next level, the more your future guys will get respect themselves.

Having said all that, it's now time for this talent to show up on the field. I don't care how many guys we get drafted if we lay as many eggs this year as we did last year.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-23-2019, 07:07 PM
They have West Point high school alum Scott Lashley in the 4th. They have Madison Ridgeland Academy alum Saahdiq Charles going mid-2nd round.

Ari Gold
07-23-2019, 07:57 PM
They have West Point high school alum Scott Lashley in the 4th. They have Madison Ridgeland Academy alum Saahdiq Charles going mid-2nd round.

That’s on Hevesy

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2019, 08:27 PM

Lashley not projected to start this season. Kind of puts a damper on these projections.

msstate7
07-23-2019, 08:33 PM
Lashley not projected to start this season. Kind of puts a damper on these projections.

I thought autry being on it was off. Sam Williams of OM on it was just crazy to me... dude hasn't played a snap in the sec. i love following mock drafts, but they're pretty worthless this early. I do like seeing 2 of our players projected 1st round though, so I posted it

Commercecomet24
07-23-2019, 08:48 PM

Yeah I was wondering how lashley would be a 4th round pick when he's not even gonna be a starter.

Homedawg
07-23-2019, 09:17 PM

Just proves it's a bad bad mock draft

HoopsDawg
07-23-2019, 09:52 PM
I think Willie Gay and Brian Cole are 2 of our most talented players.

RougeDawg
07-23-2019, 10:09 PM
I have been re watching last seasons games and when he was in no drop off in play and he was always around the ball. He is fast and he plays bigger then he is.

I have to agree here. Our top end talent may not be at the 2018 level, but our overall talent on DL will be really high compared to other DLs in the nation.

timotheus
07-24-2019, 06:31 AM
Willie Gay will turn out to be a great Pro. He has all the tools and is coachable.

MetEdDawg
07-24-2019, 07:03 AM

Dantzler, Williams, and Errol all 3 have that chance. After that I think it's tough to find 2 more Day 2 that would be guarantees.

But I do agree about more getting drafted. Leo, Rivers, Cole, Autry probably all get drafted.

Hill, Zuber, Guidry, Stevens, Adams, and Gay also have shots with solid years. Not saying they all will, but if I had to pick some guys who could move into the draft as either juniors or seniors with a breakout season it would be these guys.

Jarius
07-24-2019, 07:15 AM
I love seeing our guys listed high on these lists and drafted high, and this is proof that the more talent you produce that succeeds at the next level, the more your future guys will get respect themselves.

Having said all that, it's now time for this talent to show up on the field. I don't care how many guys we get drafted if we lay as many eggs this year as we did last year.

The talent listed has all been on defense for the most part. They are showing up on the field.

Ari Gold
07-24-2019, 07:32 AM
Just proves it's a bad bad mock draft

I didn’t even look at it and I agree..

Ari Gold
07-24-2019, 07:34 AM
Dantzler, Williams, and Errol all 3 have that chance. After that I think it's tough to find 2 more Day 2 that would be guarantees.

But I do agree about more getting drafted. Leo, Rivers, Cole, Autry probably all get drafted.

Hill, Zuber, Guidry, Stevens, Adams, and Gay also have shots with solid years. Not saying they all will, but if I had to pick some guys who could move into the draft as either juniors or seniors with a breakout season it would be these guys.

Gay and Hill both got high ratings on the scouts list that I saw...

MetEdDawg
07-24-2019, 08:00 AM
Gay and Hill both got high ratings on the scouts list that I saw...

Honestly my expectation is that both of them will leave at the end of the year.

They both have solid measurables for NFL durability. And considering how many NFL RBs are missing time now due to injury, a guy like Hill with his frame can be in an NFL RB rotation easily.

Gay is a starter in the NFL in the next 3 years I think.

Jarius
07-24-2019, 08:43 AM
Honestly my expectation is that both of them will leave at the end of the year.

They both have solid measurables for NFL durability. And considering how many NFL RBs are missing time now due to injury, a guy like Hill with his frame can be in an NFL RB rotation easily.

Gay is a starter in the NFL in the next 3 years I think.

We REALLY need hill to return for his senior year, but if he does return it will mean that he didn't have the year that he needs to have for us to be successful. Most running backs go early if it's even borderline nowadays. I hope he does whatever is best for him, but our tailback depth next year is going to be extremely young. We may have to go after a grad transfer just to have someone fill the gap.

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-24-2019, 10:55 AM
No way Kylin returns for his senior year. He is gonna have a breakout year. His ability to catch out of the backfield will jump him in to the early 2nd round. I'm planting that flag now.

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Would be awesome if Dantzler goes before any LSU CB's go. Delpit will go before him though.

Ari Gold
07-25-2019, 07:31 AM
Would be awesome if Dantzler goes before any LSU CB's go. Delpit will go before him though.

Kristian Fulton will easily be a top 5 selection..

smootness
07-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Kristian Fulton will easily be a top 5 selection..

Everything I've seen has Delpit as a top 8, and sometimes top 5, pick and Fulton below him.

msstate7
07-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Lsu is stacked in their back 7