PDA

View Full Version : MCU Phase 4

TrapGame
07-22-2019, 11:29 AM
A new Blade reboot with Mahershala Ali (Green Book, Luke Cage, Alita: Battle Angel).

The Eternals with Angelina Jolie.

Thor 4: Love and Thunder. Valkyrie gets a lesbian lover and Jane Foster gets to wield the hammer (so it's hinted).

Vision and Scarlet Witch with their own Disney streaming show that leads directly into Dr. Strange 2 which will also feature them. DS2 deals directly with the multiverse.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2019, 12:19 PM
They are definitely using their Goodwill to throw out some out there stories. The original Blade movies were good except for the last one that Snipes was phoning in.

The Eternals has a pretty good cast so far. I really didn't know that much about it before it was listed. This almost seems like the Inhumans movie that they talked about doing before it went to ABC and sucked.

Thor 4: same director so I think it will be good. It will be interesting to see how they work Valkyrie into getting with a chick along side Jane getting the hammer and becoming Female Thor. On the flip side, how does the hammer come back into play since Hela destroyed it? The hammer from Endgame was returned to the correct timeline. It will be interesting how they work Thor coming back from being with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Vision and Scarlet Witch just seems like a ploy to make you want to get Disney+ so you understand Dr. Strange 2 better. I enjoyed the first Dr. Strange so I am ready for the next one.

I feel like Disney+ is something that I will get for a month or so and just binge watch shows to get caught up. I am not sure that I would keep a subscription all of the time unless it will have all of the Disney/Fox movies relatively soon after they are released on DVD/Streaming. I don't think they will do that since it would eliminate people having to buy those movies. It will probably be like Netflix now and it is 6 months or so after they come out to buy.

BeardoMSU
07-22-2019, 02:44 PM
I feel like Disney+ is something that I will get for a month or so and just binge watch shows to get caught up. I am not sure that I would keep a subscription all of the time unless it will have all of the Disney/Fox movies relatively soon after they are released on DVD/Streaming. I don't think they will do that since it would eliminate people having to buy those movies. It will probably be like Netflix now and it is 6 months or so after they come out to buy.

If all the classic Disney films (including the old live actions) are available with this service, we'll definitely get it.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2019, 02:58 PM
If all the classic Disney films (including the old live actions) are available with this service, we'll definitely get it.

It is supposed to be all Disney films except Song of the South and they have edited the Crows out of Dumbo. Song of the South I understand but the crows is getting a bit touchy.

TrapGame
07-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Yeah, it officially announced today by Marvel Studios that Natalie Portman/Jane Foster WILL REPLACE Chris Hemsworth as Thor.

BeardoMSU
07-22-2019, 03:46 PM
It is supposed to be all Disney films except Song of the South and they have edited the Crows out of Dumbo. Song of the South I understand but the crows is getting a bit touchy.
Hopefully that does include Davy Crockett, Hot Lead and Cold Feet, The Black Hole, Swiss Family Robinson, Watchers in the Woods, Candleshoe, etc....unless you saved all your vintage bubble-box VHS, it's pretty difficult to find some of these.

TrapGame
07-22-2019, 03:57 PM
Hopefully that does include Davy Crockett, Hot Lead and Cold Feet, The Black Hole, Swiss Family Robinson, Watchers in the Woods, Candleshoe, etc....unless you saved all your vintage bubble-box VHS, it's pretty difficult to find some of these.

Wouldn't also include the original Escape From Witch Mountain?

BeardoMSU
07-22-2019, 04:21 PM

Absolutely.

BrunswickDawg
07-23-2019, 07:20 AM

The Black Hole can be rented on Amazon Prime for $2.99 - FYI

Excellent Disney flashbacks on that list -

I'll add "The Great Locomotive Chase" with Fess Parker, The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes with Kurt Russell, The Apple Dumpling Gang, and Gus the field goal kicking mule.

Prediction? Pain.
07-23-2019, 10:53 AM

The Black Hole can be rented on Amazon Prime for $2.99 - FYI

Excellent Disney flashbacks on that list -

I'll add "The Great Locomotive Chase" with Fess Parker, The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes with Kurt Russell, The Apple Dumpling Gang, and Gus the field goal kicking mule.

Hell yes to all of this. And add in Follow Me Boys, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Absent Minded Professor, The Strongest Man in the World (hell, any of the Kurt Russell movies), and Napoleon and Samantha.

Oh, and if my recollection from 30 or so years ago is accurate -- and it undoubtedly is -- Watcher in the Woods is the scariest movie ever made.

ETA: I guess this is all pretty off topic. Sorry, TrapGame. I'm not really entrenched in the MCU so I can't add much to that discussion. I really dug Dr. Strange, though, so I'm all aboard for another psychedelic, mystical mind-bender if that's the plan.

Related note -- my favorite Marvel thing right now is Legion on FX. I can see it being a little too tripped out for its own good, but I love it. The first season especially is so point with its production and storytelling. And of course all the Pink Floyd love doesn't hurt. (Read an interview with the show's creator where he said that his goal in Season 1 was to look and feel like the The Dark Side of the Moon sounds.) I'm not caught up on Season 3, though, so no spoilers, people.

Tbonewannabe
07-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Hell yes to all of this. And add in Follow Me Boys, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Absent Minded Professor, The Strongest Man in the World (hell, any of the Kurt Russell movies), and Napoleon and Samantha.

Oh, and if my recollection from 30 or so years ago is accurate -- and it undoubtedly is -- Watcher in the Woods is the scariest movie ever made.

ETA: I guess this is all pretty off topic. Sorry, TrapGame. I'm not really entrenched in the MCU so I can't add much to that discussion. I really dug Dr. Strange, though, so I'm all aboard for another psychedelic, mystical mind-bender if that's the plan.

Related note -- my favorite Marvel thing right now is Legion on FX. I can see it being a little too tripped out for its own good, but I love it. The first season especially is so point with its production and storytelling. And of course all the Pink Floyd love doesn't hurt. (Read an interview with the show's creator where he said that his goal in Season 1 was to look and feel like the The Dark Side of the Moon sounds.) I'm not caught up on Season 3, though, so no spoilers, people.

I have only had alcohol but I feel like watching Legion would be like an acid trip or something similar. It is a very good show just from the weirdness.