PDA

View Full Version : So Ole Miss is a 6.5 dog to Memphis

drunkernhelldawg
07-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Having trouble wrapping my head around this. I'll be surprised if Memphis wins that game.

Pollodawg
07-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Having trouble wrapping my head around this. I'll be surprised if Memphis wins that game.

Yeah, I just feel like OM wins this one.

Liverpooldawg
07-18-2019, 02:35 PM
I think Memphis wins it, and it might not be close.

Political Hack
07-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Well if that team needed an alarm clock to go off and wake them up, this could be it.

TrapGame
07-18-2019, 02:53 PM

This^^^^^

OM will be in a fight with this one.

Commercecomet24
07-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Unm will not stop Memphis offense. It's gonna be a basketball like score but Memphis should win

Tripp McNeely
07-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Unm will not stop Memphis offense. It's gonna be a basketball like score but Memphis should win

Why do people think that om will be able to score points on Memphis? They’re worse at every position on offense but RB.

Commercecomet24
07-18-2019, 04:01 PM
Why do people think that om will be able to score points on Memphis? They’re worse at every position on offense but RB.

They will score some because Memphis defense is almost as bad as unm

msstate7
07-18-2019, 04:02 PM

Memphis was 89th in total defense and 94th in scoring defense. I don't think they lost much, but still, OM's offense will be more talented than memphis' defense

Commercecomet24
07-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Memphis was 89th in total defense and 94th in scoring defense. I don't think they lost much, but still, OM's offense will be more talented than memphis' defense

Exactly, anyone that saw Memphis play should know they have trouble stopping anyone.

MetEdDawg
07-18-2019, 05:16 PM
OM is the TD underdog to memphis but we are the team some picked to finish last in the West.

Makes a ton of sense.

99jc
07-18-2019, 05:43 PM

I hate ole miss but like money better I am gonna load up at 6.5 on tsun.

DownwardDawg
07-18-2019, 05:54 PM

This is what I think also. Memphis will score 50 or more.

Tripp McNeely
07-18-2019, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I get all the “Memphis Defense sux” talk, but Memphis is still better on O and D than om, and their team and fans will be infinitely more motivated for this one than om’s. Memphis wins big!

Thick
07-18-2019, 06:05 PM
Those Memphis defenders will start spouting off at Corral, and his emotions will get the best of him. He’s ticking time bomb in every game especially when the shit talking begins!

BeastMan
07-18-2019, 07:13 PM
I’m surprised by the line but make no mistake, this is the Tigers’ Super Bowl. This game has been circled for months. If OM can’t jump on them early it could be a hornets nest.

BuckyIsAB****
07-18-2019, 08:10 PM
I wont be surprised if Memphis wins it because they have done it before, they always give OM fits. I have met a few Memphis fans in my lifetime and they hate OM just about as much as we do.

That place will be rocking for that game

Captain Falcon
07-18-2019, 08:23 PM
OM’s two best teams of the last 50 years (2003 and 2015) both lost at Memphis. OM lost a ton off their offense, will be in a Game 1 of new systems both offensively and defensively, and Memphis returns a lot and has won at least 8 games five years in a row.

It makes perfect sense why Memphis is favored in this game. They have legitimately been the better program the last several years, it’s a home game for them, and Ole Miss might be really terrible this year.

drunkernhelldawg
07-19-2019, 08:31 AM
OM’s two best teams of the last 50 years (2003 and 2015) both lost at Memphis. OM lost a ton off their offense, will be in a Game 1 of new systems both offensively and defensively, and Memphis returns a lot and has won at least 8 games five years in a row.

It makes perfect sense why Memphis is favored in this game. They have legitimately been the better program the last several years, it’s a home game for them, and Ole Miss might be really terrible this year.

I don't study it closely, but it's hard for me to imagine Ole Miss lacking the athletes to best Memphis. It would be fun to see them have a total shitshow of a season, but I for one am not counting on that.

Jarius
07-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Ole Miss will be on the road at 11 am in the blaring hot sun at the end of August. 2 teams that can't stop anyone will be cramping up by the end of the first quarter. Take the over to the bank, whatever it is. Leave the points alone IMO.

TrapGame
07-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Memphis is their true rival.***

HancockCountyDog
07-19-2019, 10:21 AM

That line will be -9 or higher by kickoff.

StarkVegasSteve
07-19-2019, 11:50 AM
I will be loading up on the over. This game will be a track meet. I could see it being a 52-45 type game. Neither of these defenses can stop a damn thing.

Maroonthirteen
07-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Memphis is their true rival.***

Tiger high wishes.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-19-2019, 01:27 PM
Those Memphis defenders will start spouting off at Corral, and his emotions will get the best of him. He?s ticking time bomb in every game especially when the shit talking begins!

Their probably having to medicate him like they did with Kelly.

msu15
07-19-2019, 02:17 PM
I'm taking the over

Captain Falcon
07-19-2019, 03:11 PM
I don't study it closely, but it's hard for me to imagine Ole Miss lacking the athletes to best Memphis. It would be fun to see them have a total shitshow of a season, but I for one am not counting on that.

You clearly have not watched the Ole Miss defense the last three years. They 100% are lacking the athletes. That?s what happens when you recruit like you?re building a 7 on 7 team and overload your roster with WR?s while ignoring several key positions. They do have talent on offense but they will be extremely young and playing under a new coordinator on the road against a quality team. Based on that and their history of struggling with Memphis, fully expect a close game at a minimum and Memphis could easily win.

Tripp McNeely
07-19-2019, 04:05 PM
You clearly have not watched the Ole Miss defense the last three years. They 100% are lacking the athletes. That?s what happens when you recruit like you?re building a 7 on 7 team and overload your roster with WR?s while ignoring several key positions. They do have talent on offense but they will be extremely young and playing under a new coordinator on the road against a quality team. Based on that and their history of struggling with Memphis, fully expect a close game at a minimum and Memphis could easily win.

Wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see some of their younger, more talented receivers transfer at the end of the year if Rich Rod sticks around and they get a first hand look at his offense.

Ari Gold
07-20-2019, 11:04 AM

Dont have to study a lot.. just look at the roster on defense.. sure they have a couple of borderline NFL guys, but what is that 2nd group looking like.?
The over is the play... and Memphis -6 and over is the parlay play..
I expect Memphis to score 40+
They wont take the foot off the gas

Ari Gold
07-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see some of their younger, more talented receivers transfer at the end of the year if Rich Rod sticks around and they get a first hand look at his offense.

I said this back in Summer if last year.
I hope Mingo is ready to play some defense . Wouldn’t be shocked to see him there this year. He may move back to offense Later on, but I bet if he is on that side of the ball come the fall

Jarius
10-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Maybe we should take your opinion of Ole Miss' team with a grain of salt.

msstate7
10-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Ole Miss will be on the road at 11 am in the blaring hot sun at the end of August. 2 teams that can't stop anyone will be cramping up by the end of the first quarter. Take the over to the bank, whatever it is. Leave the points alone IMO.

Over was 65; total point total was 25.

Jarius
10-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Over was 65; total point total was 25.

Which is why I really hate pulling things that people said before the year started. I'm aware that I have plenty of predictions that were wrong. My point is that you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are and pulling old threads like you did with me was really stupid considering how off base you have been on plenty of shit.

Homedawg
10-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Which is why I really hate pulling things that people said before the year started. I'm aware that I have plenty of predictions that were wrong. My point is that you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are and pulling old threads like you did with me was really stupid considering how off base you have been on plenty of shit.

While we are at it, YOU are one of those who said our DL wasn't going to be bad. So there's that.

Jarius
10-02-2019, 12:24 PM
While we are at it, YOU are one of those who said our DL wasn't going to be bad. So there's that.

Yes, and that was well before anyone knew we were having suspensions to 3 of our best players on defense. That also is not the point, which I stated in the post you just quoted.