PDA

View Full Version : Identity

DanDority
10-24-2013, 08:49 PM
What is our identity on offense?

GumpDawg
10-24-2013, 08:52 PM

Apparantly play the first 30 minutes and then shit the bed the other 30.

BulldogBear
10-24-2013, 09:35 PM

to shave points? lol

Irondawg
10-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Legitimate question - with Dak is should be ground and pound with some screens and play action imtermeidate/long routes to keep the defense honest. So tonight instead of coming out the first few drives and shoving Dak down their throat we try to make him peyton manning and do nothing but throw. But not just throw - dink and dunk throw with nothing to really stretch the defense.

Bully13
10-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Dak is made for pocket passing... Dan sez... it looked good... think we need more of it... feels good

GumpDawg
10-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Legitimate question - with Dak is should be ground and pound with some screens and play action imtermeidate/long routes to keep the defense honest. So tonight instead of coming out the first few drives and shoving Dak down their throat we try to make him peyton manning and do nothing but throw. But not just throw - dink and dunk throw with nothing to really stretch the defense.

I agree but we cannot ground and pound using Perkins. We need a back to hammer away like boobie and Ballard did. No defense is worried about Perkins between the tackles. That said, we have the backs to do it but...we let them carry it a couple times for a first down and take them out.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Dak needs to do a better job on his reads. Running and passing. He's missing wide open receivers because he wants to throw it to Lewis so bad and he's not making the correct reads in the run game. Several times he kept when he should have handed it off and vise versa. I think he'll be much better as he gets more experience.

Irondawg
10-24-2013, 10:50 PM
I like our 2 back set and i think perk could run some through the tackles behind a FB like Griffith. Most of his big runs in his career have actually been between the tackles and then bounced out. But yeah, it should be majority of his touched on the edge or passing game. I'm still waiting for the deep fades to Wilson/morrow to let them use their size to go get it.

Irondawg
10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Dak does need to do better on his reads and be quicker to the checkdown. I'll give you that

Bully13
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I agree but we cannot ground and pound using Perkins. We need a back to hammer away like boobie and Ballard did. No defense is worried about Perkins between the tackles. That said, we have the backs to do it but...we let them carry it a couple times for a first down and take them out.

if you knew anything about football, you would realize we sucked shit from an feminine asshole tonight offensively... you have no idea how much shit we sucked from asshole.. that makes you blind and dumb

laureldawg
10-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Dan, i think your hitting the nail on the head. WE DONT HAVE IDENTITY ON OFFENSE!!!!! As sad as this sounds, its true, we haven't had an "identity" since Chris Relf

thf24
10-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Several times he kept when he should have handed it off and vise versa.

This is a major problem. This is not an indictment of Dak; he gives us the best chance to win right now and should absolutely be starting and playing as much as he did tonight. But our read option would be far more effective if he were actually making reads. The read option is not a 50-50 misdirection play; there is a right option and a wrong option based on what a designated player on the defense does at the snap, but it seems like Dak is running it as the former. As Dak continues to gain experience he will no doubt be able to run this play correctly in the coming years, but for now, its effectiveness is severely limited due to running it as a blind misdirection play, which doesn't even have a whole lot of misdirection to it since everyone knows who's going to have the football most of the time.