PDA

View Full Version : Rebs are funny

NWADAWG
07-18-2019, 10:07 AM
It's a slow day at work and I've seen all the stuff on here and SPS so I decided to go see what the rebel clowns were saying. I'm glad I did. This is funny. This is from their SEC media days takeaways. Macintyre is a "proven defensive architect " and the 3-4 better fits their talent. I hope we score a half a hundred on them.

5. The Landshark Defense Gets Some Bite Back
The last three seasons on the defensive side of the football in Oxford has been disastrous. Ole Miss will enter this season with its third defensive coordinator in four seasons.

That new D.C., though, is former Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre, a proven defensive architect that is arming the Rebels with a new 3-4 alignment that appears to be better suited for the talent that's on the roster.

"You really saw them play with a chip on their shoulder this spring," said Luke. "I think when we take the field against Memphis (there's that focus again), you're going to see a much-improved defense. Obviously, they've got to go out there and prove it on the field, but I'm really looking forward to that."

Said linebacker Mohamed Sanogo, "The only place to go is up."

Jarius
07-18-2019, 10:12 AM
It's a slow day at work and I've seen all the stuff on here and SPS so I decided to go see what the rebel clowns were saying. I'm glad I did. This is funny. This is from their SEC media days takeaways. Macintyre is a "proven defensive architect " and the 3-4 better fits their talent. I hope we score a half a hundred on them.

5. The Landshark Defense Gets Some Bite Back
The last three seasons on the defensive side of the football in Oxford has been disastrous. Ole Miss will enter this season with its third defensive coordinator in four seasons.

That new D.C., though, is former Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre, a proven defensive architect that is arming the Rebels with a new 3-4 alignment that appears to be better suited for the talent that's on the roster.

"You really saw them play with a chip on their shoulder this spring," said Luke. "I think when we take the field against Memphis (there's that focus again), you're going to see a much-improved defense. Obviously, they've got to go out there and prove it on the field, but I'm really looking forward to that."

The only reason they look better on defense is because they don't have to cover AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Dawson Knox, or Lodge and they don't have to block Greg Little or Patterson any more. They also have a redshirt freshman throwing against them instead of a 5th year multi year starter.

Jack Lambert
07-18-2019, 10:14 AM

I beg the difference. They suck and they have the same guys who made them suck. When you go to the 3-4 defense it takes a season to learn it and your defense will take a step back until they do. They are gong to get rolled then when you add in they lost their entire offense. Ole Miss is going to created a new class of suckness.

Commercecomet24
07-18-2019, 10:22 AM
That unm-memphis game is going to look like a basketball score.

ETA and I believe memphis is going to win

TrapGame
07-18-2019, 10:35 AM
I hope the defense is Peter Sirmon bad.

Jack Lambert
07-18-2019, 10:39 AM
I hope the defense is Peter Sirmon bad.

They were worse then Peter Sirmon bad last season.

PMDawg
07-18-2019, 12:51 PM
It's a slow day at work and I've seen all the stuff on here and SPS so I decided to go see what the rebel clowns were saying. I'm glad I did. This is funny. This is from their SEC media days takeaways. Macintyre is a "proven defensive architect " and the 3-4 better fits their talent. I hope we score a hundred on them.

fify

Lord McBuckethead
07-19-2019, 12:07 AM
They were worse then Peter Sirmon bad last season.

Sirmon is like, I am a lot of things, but do not insult me by lumping me in with UMs talent

msstatelp1
07-19-2019, 07:35 AM
Ole Miss will enter this season with its third defensive coordinator in four seasons"
And Crime Dog walked with a cool $1.2 million per year for the next two years for putting that defense on the field...

Dawgology
07-19-2019, 09:52 AM
That unm-memphis game is going to look like a basketball score.

ETA and I believe memphis is going to win

I think so also. I’m expecting a 56-45 Memphis win or something along those lines.

TALL DAWG
07-21-2019, 03:26 PM
The only reason they look better on defense is because they don't have to cover AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Dawson Knox, or Lodge and they don't have to block Greg Little or Patterson any more. They also have a redshirt freshman throwing against them instead of a 5th year multi year starter.

And, the 1st place winner here is....Jarius....!
Hammer meet nail....

Homedawg
07-21-2019, 06:17 PM
I beg the difference. They suck and they have the same guys who made them suck. When you go to the 3-4 defense it takes a season to learn it and your defense will take a step back until they do. They are gong to get rolled then when you add in they lost their entire offense. Ole Miss is going to created a new class of suckness.

It doesn't take a year to learn a 3-4. The reason there is usually an adjustment, is due to personnel. Its not rocket science.

Jack Lambert
07-21-2019, 08:28 PM
It doesn't take a year to learn a 3-4. The reason there is usually an adjustment, is due to personnel. Its not rocket science.

Do some research on it. It is a difficult defense.

Homedawg
07-21-2019, 09:40 PM
Do some research on it. It is a difficult defense.

I don't need any research.... I'm well aware.... it's not like it's checkers vs chess.... it's just not. If they suck, and they will, it won't be because they are in 3-4 concept. And if they improve it won't be because they are in a 3-4 concept.