PDA

View Full Version : CJM on the eggbowl toxicity

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2019, 10:57 PM
It's a challenge. We aren't going to hold hands around a campfire and sing Kumbaya

Goldendawg
07-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Well put! Hail State!

ScoobaDawg
07-17-2019, 11:10 PM
It's a challenge. We aren't going to hold hands around a campfire and sing Kumbaya

Where was this? media days?

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2019, 11:25 PM
Where was this? media days?

No clue. But I'm assuming so. It was in the twitter sans link or context.

BuckyIsAB****
07-18-2019, 12:43 AM
Its supposed to be toxic. Its ok to not like someone and want to kick their ass in athletic competition. Idk where society lost this but it needs to come back.

We dont like them and they dont like us, and thats how it should be

Todd4State
07-18-2019, 01:03 AM
I'll say it.

Greg Sankey needs to shut the **** up about it and get better officials that don't allow BS like the ones in 2017 if he really wants something done about it.

Todd4State
07-18-2019, 01:03 AM
And meanwhile Alabama and Auburn fans are literally killing each other and trees....

msbulldog
07-18-2019, 06:18 AM
Its supposed to be toxic. Its ok to not like someone and want to kick their ass in athletic competition. Idk where society lost this but it needs to come back.

Preach it Brother!

Ari Gold
07-18-2019, 06:47 AM
It’s only toxic when they lose.. or get embarrassed...
And the nonsense they did at our place 2 years ago..

bulldogcountry1
07-18-2019, 07:58 AM

The SEC just wants the two little MS schools to be quiet and not draw any attention to ourselves. We can't be stealing the spotlight away from the big money teams.

bulldogcountry1
07-18-2019, 08:08 AM
At a point, my HS team had beaten the crosstown rival 10 out of 11 times. It was still a rivalry, but we always expected to win. It was always intense, but it was obvious that our fans expected to win and their fans just prayed for an upset.

I don't believe our program will even get to the next level until we start beating UM regularly enough to where it becomes less important to everyone. Only then can we can set our sights on bigger things.

BeastMan
07-18-2019, 08:56 AM
You know I didn’t hear shit about it being toxic at the end of Jackie when 2 of their players snitched lies to the NCAA and they were winning it.

Bodawg
07-18-2019, 09:08 AM
You know I didn’t hear shit about it being toxic at the end of Jackie when 2 of their players snitched lies to the NCAA and they were winning it.
Exactly right Beastman. The "toxicity", was ramped up by those fools from Oxford when they teamed up with the the corrupt NCAA investigators to try and destroy our coach and University.

TrapGame
07-18-2019, 09:14 AM
It's toxic b/c ole miss made it toxic.

Joe got a first hand experience last year. I'm sure he's seen some stuff on the recruiting trail too. He knows there will be no peace twixt us.

Commercecomet24
07-18-2019, 09:19 AM
It's toxic b/c ole miss made it toxic.

Joe got a first hand experience last year. I'm sure he's seen some stuff on the recruiting trail too. He knows there will be no peace twixt us.

Exactly and I'm glad Joe is embracing our hate of unm. No kumbaya is right Joe.

thf24
07-18-2019, 09:26 AM
A rivalry isn't inherently toxic. What makes it toxic is when one side has a cult-like belief that they're naturally superior in every way and deserve to win every time, to the point that they're mentally and physically unable to reconcile it without disgusting behavior when they don't.

ScoobaDawg
07-18-2019, 09:34 AM
No clue. But I'm assuming so. It was in the twitter sans link or context.

Is this twitter thing a phone device or a website (with a link)? Sorry dude. just trying to keep up with this new internet technology thing...

Maroonthirteen
07-18-2019, 09:54 AM
It’s always been my impression of the rivalry.

State, the university and the fans, just want a fair shot and be treated as equal to OM in all aspects and may the best man(or lady)win.

OM on the other hand has always wanted to put State in the grave. That includes Everyone from the administration to the rogue booster.

Jack Lambert
07-18-2019, 10:01 AM
I hate Ole Miss so much I hope it stays toxic.

Tbonewannabe
07-18-2019, 12:02 PM
It’s always been my impression of the rivalry.

State, the university and the fans, just want a fair shot and be treated as equal to OM in all aspects and may the best man(or lady)win.

OM on the other hand has always wanted to put State in the grave. That includes Everyone from the administration to the rogue booster.

This is the truth. You have OM having private eyes follow Jackie around and feeding information to the NCAA. On the flip side, when the NCAA actually interviews one of our players and/or coaches through no contact by MSU player or coach, UM claims that MSU is now "out to get them".

UM wants to put MSU down and thinks it isn't fair if they fight back. It really is like the mindset of the rich kid thinking he should always get his way because his daddy said he would. Then the real world happened and the kid doesn't understand that people don't just let him run them over.

starkvegasdawg
07-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Is this twitter thing a phone device or a website (with a link)? Sorry dude. just trying to keep up with this new internet technology thing...

It's something I got when I snuck into Area 51 last month.

Dawgbite
07-18-2019, 02:17 PM
It really is like the mindset of the rich kid thinking he should always get his way because his daddy said he would. Then the real world happened and the kid doesn't understand that people don't just let him run them over.

So, Ole Miss is the school for millennials?

ScoobaDawg
07-18-2019, 02:33 PM
It's something I got when I snuck into Area 51 last month.
Damn you liberal.. Can't wait to watch you get blown up soon. ...

KentuckyDawg13
07-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Same, they can suck it.

msstatelp1
07-18-2019, 04:01 PM
It really is like the mindset of the rich kid thinking he should always get his way because his daddy said he would. Then the real world happened and the kid doesn't understand that people don't just let him run them over.

So, Ole Miss is the school for millennials?

You say that to my millennial State fan daughter and you'll be slurping your steak thru a straw.

R2Dawg
07-18-2019, 04:11 PM
And meanwhile Alabama and Auburn fans are literally killing each other and trees....

Yeah but they can do that since they are the greatest rivalry and SEC headquarters is in Bamingham.

BiscuitEater
07-18-2019, 04:24 PM
I don't believe our program will even get to the next level until we start beating UM regularly enough to where it becomes less important to everyone. Only then can we can set our sights on bigger things.

Sorry, I'm old enough to have lived through the Johnny Vaught era AND we can't win enough for me.

msbulldog
07-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Sorry, I'm old enough to have lived through the Johnny Vaught era AND we can't win enough for me.

Amen, his last year was 1973, my freshman year. He officially retired in 1970 and through my teenage years I always knew I wanted to go to MSU. It didn't matter what any teams did, I knew where I wanted to continue my education.
Then Bob Tyler came in and started changing things.

BuckyIsAB****
07-18-2019, 08:11 PM
At a point, my HS team had beaten the crosstown rival 10 out of 11 times. It was still a rivalry, but we always expected to win. It was always intense, but it was obvious that our fans expected to win and their fans just prayed for an upset.

It will always be the most important game of the year to me

BuckyIsAB****
07-18-2019, 08:12 PM
I hate Ole Miss so much I hope it stays toxic.

Me too

MaroonFlounder
07-18-2019, 09:21 PM
This is the truth. You have OM having private eyes follow Jackie around and feeding information to the NCAA. On the flip side, when the NCAA actually interviews one of our players and/or coaches through no contact by MSU player or coach, UM claims that MSU is now "out to get them".

UM wants to put MSU down and thinks it isn't fair if they fight back. It really is like the mindset of the rich kid thinking he should always get his way because his daddy said he would. Then the real world happened and the kid doesn't understand that people don't just let him run them over.

Couldn't be summed up any better than this. Thank u Tbonewb

Okrastar1
07-18-2019, 11:05 PM
I hope it stays toxic, I hate those bastards! I tell people all the time, If there was to be a game between OM and the taliban, I’d wear a rag on my head and shout for allah... I hope everything bad that can happen would happen to OM

Todd4State
07-18-2019, 11:40 PM
Amen, his last year was 1973, my freshman year. He officially retired in 1970 and through my teenage years I always knew I wanted to go to MSU. It didn't matter what any teams did, I knew where I wanted to continue my education.
Then Bob Tyler came in and started changing things.

Bob Tyler is incredibly underrated as a coach at Mississippi State.