PDA

View Full Version : Brett Beilema

Lord McBuckethead
07-16-2019, 06:01 PM
Double question
So who thinks he regrets leaving Wisconsin? Seems like he had them rolling in their little league.

Does the Wisconsin recruiting area work to his coaching style of play?

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Double question
So who thinks he regrets leaving Wisconsin? Seems like he had them rolling in their little league.

He probably regrets it.

Wisconsin’s schedule works for Wisky mostly. However, they do a great job of playing a slow, ground and pound style and getting good OL.

They’d be Arkansas in the SEC

DownwardDawg
07-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Good topic. He was doing great at Wisconsin. I really thought his style of football was going to work at Arkansas. I thought it was a great fit. Obviously, I was bad wrong. I’m sure he regrets leaving Wisconsin. He had a great thing going there.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
07-16-2019, 06:55 PM
Double question

Has Jenn left him yet?

TrapGame
07-16-2019, 07:33 PM
I miss Fat Bert.

I think Barry Alvarez moving to AD helped him more than anything. Barry still had his hand on the tiller.

msstate7
07-16-2019, 07:38 PM
I miss Fat Bert.

I think Barry Alvarez moving to AD helped him more than anything. Barry still had his hand on the tiller.

Bielema was entertaining. Oh, and his win over om in 2015 was huge for us... om in the sec championship would have really sucked

Lord McBuckethead
07-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Bielema was entertaining. Oh, and his win over om in 2015 was huge for us... om in the sec championship would have really sucked
Lol. I forgot about 4th and 25 or whatever.

TrapGame
07-16-2019, 07:41 PM

That was the greatest 4th down play in college football history. The look on Freeze's face was priceless!

msstate7
07-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Bielema was a part of perhaps the worst defensive showing miss state has ever had, 2016 ark-state. I don't think we stopped them the whole game

Commercecomet24
07-16-2019, 09:34 PM
I used to think the guy was just a big good but if Belichik hired him the guy has to know football pretty well.

Bass Chaser
07-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Bielema was a part of perhaps the worst defensive showing miss state has ever had, 2016 ark-state. I don't think we stopped them the whole game

2015 wasn't good either.

Bothrops
07-16-2019, 11:22 PM

That was the worst defensive performance in the history of MSU football.

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2019, 11:32 PM
I used to think the guy was just a big good but if Belichik hired him the guy has to know football pretty well.

Bert is a good coach, but Bert is also an awful recruiter.

Bert fits better in the NFL.

I actually thought with Long going to Kansas, he might've been a good fit there. Kansas playing power football in the Big 12 with all the spread offenses could be interesting. Of course Les provides that with better recruiting.

Maroonthirteen
07-16-2019, 11:49 PM
That was the worst defensive performance in the history of MSU football.

Nah. 1988 vs Alabama. Alabama ran the ball every play and gained 5 yards a play.

Jack Lambert
07-17-2019, 11:18 AM
Has Jenn left him yet?

I swore I heard him say he met her at a black jack table in Vegas. But she was a student at Wisconsin and graduated in 2006. He started coaching there in 2003 as the DC and he became head coach in 2006. I think he was probably taping it when she was a student and he was the DC.

Lord McBuckethead
07-17-2019, 11:22 AM
I swore I heard him say he met her at a black jack table in Vegas. But she was a student at Wisconsin and graduated in 2006. He started coaching there in 2003 as the DC and he became head coach in 2006. I think he was probably taping it when she was a student and he was the DC.

Probably. Not that there is something wrong with two adults doing that.

BeastMan
07-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Probably doesn’t regret it. At Wisconsin he was micromanaged. He came to the big show, made SEC money, and then got SEC fired money. He’s now set for life. He failed at Arkansas but I bet you he’s a better coach today for it then had he just stayed coasting at Wisky. He’ll get another shot and I bet he prioritizes “fit” and succeeds at his next gig

Bothrops
07-17-2019, 11:39 AM

Possibly, but he probably wasn't making enough jack at that time to land her yet.

StarkVegasSteve
07-17-2019, 11:49 AM

They didn't punt the entire game. We had 533 total yards, 25 first downs, scored 42 pts.........and lost by 2 TDs. Without a doubt the worst defensive performance I've ever seen.

TrapGame
07-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Probably doesn’t regret it. At Wisconsin he was micromanaged. He came to the big show, made SEC money, and then got SEC fired money. He’s now set for life. He failed at Arkansas but I bet you he’s a better coach today for it then had he just stayed coasting at Wisky. He’ll get another shot and I bet he prioritizes “fit” and succeeds at his next gig

Yep, his next shot at head coaching will be completely different. I don't think he'll get another P5 job but a good G5 team that he'll build up.

WPS
07-17-2019, 12:19 PM

He told her he was a history professor at Wisconsin when they first met in Vegas. Later he had to come clean when she saw him in a college football commercial.

I don't think he's a terrible coach when he has good assistants, but he's just not dedicated and meticulous enough to be an SEC head coach IMO. There were stories of him falling asleep during film breakdown meetings, getting drunk on Tito's out in public, one time he "forgot" we had a big recruit visiting one weekend and he went with Jen to the Bahamas and the recruit was pissed he wasn't there and eventually signed with another SEC team. Losing Sam Pittman to Georgia killed him too, probably the best OL recruiter/coach in the country.

And then there is this: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/k-j-hill-bret-bielema-zach-smith-recruitment/

He had his moments though, our 2014 defense was top 10 in the country and the 2015 offense was on fire in the mid-late part of the season and scoring on everyone. Both of those teams were super close to winning 9 or 10 games but since 2012 we lead the NCAA in blown 4th quarter leads (I think 22 was the number but I'd have to look it up again).

Maroonthirteen
07-17-2019, 12:47 PM
Y?all have had some bad luck with coaches as of late.

But ..... Arkansas and NWA is behind the Razorbacks. It?s impressive. If that type support and the sec in and of itself can?t keep a guy focused and excited.... I don?t know what to think of that guy.