PDA

View Full Version : Janari Dean

msbulldog
07-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Janari Dean becomes the 2nd Bulldog commit in 2 days to make the Dandy Dozen, the story states he has has a 3.89 gpa. Dillon Johnson was the first.

BuckyIsAB****
07-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Dean is for real for real. Best player from SP since Conner

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Janari Dean is a lot like Marcus Murphy. He's not going to wow you at these combines but on Friday night he's always going to be the best player on the field.

BuckyIsAB****
07-16-2019, 12:48 PM
Janari Dean is a lot like Marcus Murphy. He's not going to wow you at these combines but on Friday night he's always going to be the best player on the field.

He was def SP's best player. He was really all they had on offense

Ari Gold
07-16-2019, 02:36 PM

Reason why is “star” rating is lower than it should be .. easily one of the top 5 if not top 3 players in the state

BiscuitEater
07-16-2019, 02:48 PM
Can somebody post the DD so far? Sorry, I just don't do the CL.

fader2103
07-16-2019, 02:58 PM
Can somebody post the DD so far? Sorry, I just don't do the CL.

read the OP

BiscuitEater
07-16-2019, 03:23 PM
read the OP

So, CL has announced 2 of the 12 DD and BOTH are Dog commits?

fader2103
07-16-2019, 03:31 PM
That is all I have seen

msbulldog
07-17-2019, 06:19 AM
So, CL has announced 2 of the 12 DD and BOTH are Dog commits?

So far.

msbulldog
07-17-2019, 12:06 PM
Montra Edwards DT from Holmes Central is the 3rd Dandy Dozen pick, he has an offer from us. I think he has waited too long to take the offer.

msbulldog
07-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Will Rogers is 4th Dandy Dozen, 3 out of 4 so far are Bulldawg commits.

Westdawg
07-18-2019, 11:32 PM
Montra Edwards needs to be a definite TAKE. Great leverage, hips. Adjusts well against pass pro, and has a nasty great way of sniffing out a ball carrier. Great lateral motion and motor for a big guy. He definitely doesn't move as though he were almost 300 lbs. pad and hip level at LOS is really good, great first punch. Needs to work a bit pass pro against better talent. Can get tied up, but he shows he's got a couple solid moves to break free and create havoc in the backfield. Maintains his lanes well, and toes line to follow ball carrier east-west. Makes decent angles to tackle. Looks like he's got gorilla glue on his hands - when he gets a finger in someone he ain't letting go.
the talent and tools are definitely there.
Kid would be a great addition on D.

Todd4State
07-18-2019, 11:42 PM
Montra Edwards needs to be a definite TAKE. Great leverage, hips. Adjusts well against pass pro, and has a nasty great way of sniffing out a ball carrier. Great lateral motion and motor for a big guy. He definitely doesn't move as though he were almost 300 lbs. pad and hip level at LOS is really good, great first punch. Needs to work a bit pass pro against better talent. Can get tied up, but he shows he's got a couple solid moves to break free and create havoc in the backfield. Maintains his lanes well, and toes line to follow ball carrier east-west. Makes decent angles to tackle. Looks like he's got gorilla glue on his hands - when he gets a finger in someone he ain't letting go.
the talent and tools are definitely there.
Kid would be a great addition on D.

My two cents- I think we're going to take more people in our class than a lot of experts realize. Maybe Edwards is one of those?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2019, 08:11 AM
My two cents- I think we're going to take more people in our class than a lot of experts realize. Maybe Edwards is one of those?

We're not going to take as many as you think.

timotheus
07-19-2019, 08:14 AM
Due to academics?

MetEdDawg
07-19-2019, 03:12 PM
For those interested, here's a link to 24/7 and their Mississippi rankings. Their rankings will change a lot I would imagine over the next couple of months.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MS

BuckyIsAB****
07-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Jevon Banks is the next one. Shocker, is also a State commit

msbulldog
07-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Jevon Banks is the next one. Shocker, is also a State commit

4 out of 5 MSU commits! We're doing well.

Todd4State
07-20-2019, 02:44 PM
We're not going to take as many as you think.

We'll see. If there are good players out there and we are letting them go other places when we have room to take them that's foolish.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2019, 03:14 PM
We'll see. If there are good players out there and we are letting them go other places when we have room to take them that's foolish.

We're not going to oversign or sign a full class. Grad transfers are going to be a yearly thing. We want to take advantage of that avenue.

MetEdDawg
07-20-2019, 04:18 PM
We're not going to oversign or sign a full class. Grad transfers are going to be a yearly thing. We want to take advantage of that avenue.

This to me is going to be a difference maker for us. The opportunity for us to get some difference makers at key positions is extremely critical.

We have all stated on here multiple times that we can't recruit against the big guys consistently. That probably won't change. But what we can do is be smart and strategic about getting transfers from those places.

If we are going to compete we can't have any positional holes. Period. And since we can't compete every year in recruiting, what we can do is recruit the best 22-23 every year, then use the transfer portal to get 2-3 more guys with some experience or a high ranking that are transferring because of lack of playing time (obviously there must be other factors going on here but it's fairly wide open now). We can use that to fill immediate holes which makes the team better. It's too late to fill a hole at WR for 2019 after recruiting is over. But you can use the transfer portal strategically to fill that hole for the upcoming season by getting a Zuber. Then if you have recruited well enough the following year what we have recruited is ready to go.

We need quality depth and ability to fill holes quickly to compete. Instead of taking a flyer on an overlooked recruit, get a grad transfer or someone else in the transfer portal that fills in immediately. We need scholarships for that and Moorhead gets that. I would imagine we would save 2-3 scholarships every year for this.

I think Moorhead is about to take a very interesting approach. I think he's going to hit JUCO and transfer hard. I wouldn't be shocked if Juco and transfer made up 6-9 guys per year. We try and fill with the best 16-18 high school guys we can get. But the other scholarships are going to go to guys that can contribute immediately. We need more ready to go talent. That's the only way to do that at MSU (unless we wait for the rainbow unicorn of the perfect roster hopefully every 5 years) and I think it's smart.

Todd4State
07-20-2019, 08:45 PM

Then our class is done already except for Heath? I just don't think that's a wise strategy- and I don't buy it. I don't want to see us get into a position where we are doing like we did with Jackie and signing a bunch of JUCO's every year because ultimately our best chance at stability is to get high school players and develop them for the most part.

You can say well we're going to drop this guy or that guy isn't going to qualify but it seems like every year there is a Jaylon Reed, Grant Harris, or Dylan Lawrence that ends up in the class that the experts insist won't be in the class.

I'm pretty sure we would take Alex Adams, Xavier Hill, Eli Acker, Tyrus Wheat, Martavious French, Bryson Eason, and probably Khalil Benson if they wanted to come. And no I don't think we will get all of them but 2-4 isn't outside of the realm of possibility at all. And if Patterson and Anderson-Butts aren't in the class and we add Heath that would still put as at 25 on the high end and 23 on the low end. Not to mention any Lee Witherspoon's that emerge late.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Then our class is done already except for Heath? I just don't think that's a wise strategy- and I don't buy it. I don't want to see us get into a position where we are doing like we did with Jackie and signing a bunch of JUCO's every year because ultimately our best chance at stability is to get high school players and develop them for the most part.

You can say well we're going to drop this guy or that guy isn't going to qualify but it seems like every year there is a Jaylon Reed, Grant Harris, or Dylan Lawrence that ends up in the class that the experts insist won't be in the class.

I'm pretty sure we would take Alex Adams, Xavier Hill, Eli Acker, Tyrus Wheat, Martavious French, Bryson Eason, and probably Khalil Benson if they wanted to come. And no I don't think we will get all of them but 2-4 isn't outside of the realm of possibility at all. And if Patterson and Anderson-Butts aren't in the class and we add Heath that would still put as at 25 on the high end and 23 on the low end. Not to mention any Lee Witherspoon's that emerge late.

In this scenario you're assuming no de-commitments or drops. We know that's not going to happen. I feel fairly certain we won't sign a full class.

Todd4State
07-20-2019, 10:11 PM
In this scenario you're assuming no de-commitments or drops. We know that's not going to happen. I feel fairly certain we won't sign a full class.

"And if Patterson and Anderson-Butts aren't in the class"

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2019, 11:33 PM
"And if Patterson and Anderson-Butts aren't in the class"

I was talking outside of those 2.

Jarius
07-21-2019, 05:56 AM
We are in a good position to get Wheat. The rest are long shots that are probably not coming here. Gonna add Wheat and Heath and then see about other decommits. You also have to consider transfers out of our program. There are always 2 or 3 of those that leave every year and this year will be no different. I would rather land a grad transfer or 2 that has a pretty high chance of working out than not land them and take a flyer on HS kids that no one else in the SEC really wants. I do believe that we will start taking fewer jucos and grad transfers once Moorhead gets people in the program that he recruited. Right now he is a chef cooking with someone else's ingredients for the most part.

Doggie_Style
07-21-2019, 08:17 AM
I was talking outside of those 2.

So of Forbes, Brown, Threat and McDonald, how many of those do you guess de-commit?

Ari Gold
07-21-2019, 09:07 AM
Again numbers will work themselves out... if there is a player that is high on our board that wants to pull the trigger here he will get in

bulldawg28
07-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Nothing wrong with getting juco players if managed correctly. We would be foolish not to utilize a tool that only Ms has in the South East. GA only has 2 schools.

Pollodawg
07-21-2019, 10:14 AM
Nothing wrong with getting juco players if managed correctly. We would be foolish not to utilize a tool that only Ms has in the South East. GA only has 2 schools.

We’ve got 13 JUCOS here, and all but maybe 2 of them have football programs. It’d be silly not to take advantage of that.

bulldawg28
07-21-2019, 10:46 AM
We’ve got 13 JUCOS here, and all but maybe 2 of them have football programs. It’d be silly not to take advantage of that.

Exactly. No other state in the South East has juco football. That's a huge advantage that hasn't been used properly imo.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-21-2019, 11:33 AM
So of Forbes, Brown, Threat and McDonald, how many of those do you guess de-commit?

If the over/Under is 1.5 I'm leaning towards under but 2 wouldn't surprise me.

Tripp McNeely
07-21-2019, 12:03 PM
If the over/Under is 1.5 I'm leaning towards under but 2 wouldn't surprise me.

Which ones would hurt our coaches feelings the least if they decommitted?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-21-2019, 12:29 PM
Which ones would hurt our coaches feelings the least if they decommitted?

All of them would hurt but if I'm picking Threatt. We want badly to keep all of them.