PDA

View Full Version : MSU Extravaganza

fader2103
07-16-2019, 11:00 AM
The Central Mississippi MSU Extravaganza is tonight at the Clyde Muse Center on the campus of Hinds Community College in Pearl, MS
The line-up features:
Coach Moorhead
Coach Howland
Coach Johnnie Harris
Coach Lemonis
Dr. Keenum
John Cohen and
Matt Wyatt

I will be there, just seeing if anyone else is planning on attending.

confucius say
07-16-2019, 01:08 PM
6:00?

Bothrops
07-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Big lineup there.

fader2103
07-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Doors open at 5... Speakers start at 7 is what I believe

MafiaDawg
07-16-2019, 04:24 PM
Anyone know why they moved it to Pearl? Seems like that?s not a very central location.

Jacksondevildog
07-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Downtown jackson has become a poor option. The convention center is nice, but parking is limited. The coliseum sucks. There is less chance of getting your car stolen at Hinds CC-Pearl.

sscjr1
07-16-2019, 07:05 PM
It?s been great so far. We have some very respectful young men here

Jack Lambert
07-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Anyone know why they moved it to Pearl? Seems like that?s not a very central location.

I went and I like the venue. A little out of the way but it is isolated, and really nice.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-16-2019, 09:51 PM
I was unable to make it this year. Can somebody summarize what was said?

Goldendawg
07-16-2019, 10:40 PM
I went and I like the venue. A little out of the way but it is isolated, and really nice.

Got any interesting info, Jack?

DawgRockur
07-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Glad to see one head coach is crootin

Maroonthirteen
07-17-2019, 07:05 AM
The State fan base seems to be mildy interested in the football program for some reason.

Maybe people are still resting/catching up at home from the baseball season. I don’t know. But it goes back to last season for sure. Is JoeMo just..... an uninteresting leader? I dnk.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2019, 07:33 AM
The State fan base seems to be mildy interested in the football program for some reason.

Maybe people are still resting/catching up at home from the baseball season. I don’t know. But it goes back to last season for sure. Is JoeMo just..... an uninteresting leader? I dnk.

I think we're super interested but have so many unanswerable question marks right now that it's tough to get super excited

Jack Lambert
07-17-2019, 08:15 AM
Got any interesting info, Jack?

I asked both Stevens and Zuber are they healthy and they both said 100% and both really seemed happy to be at State.

Jack Lambert
07-17-2019, 08:19 AM

JoMo asked my son where he went to school. When he said he was going into the 9th grade at Brandon his face lite up and recruiting kicked in asking about different kids and did my son know them. He was talking to both me and son but I said I was an alumni and I stay away from my sons friends when it comes to football. Mullen would have never done that. I had the feelings that he is always thinking recruiting.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2019, 08:25 AM

Well it wasn't Vic because it's a dead period right now. Same as men's b-ball & football.

MafiaDawg
07-17-2019, 09:36 AM
Out of the way and Isolated isn?t good for drawing a crowd. Which is unfortunate.

Maroonthirteen
07-17-2019, 10:24 AM
I think we're super interested but have so many unanswerable question marks right now that it's tough to get super excited

Dude on 6p made a great point. There is so
Much coverage now with the Internet and TV, not
Much new information is shared.

Maroonthirteen
07-17-2019, 10:43 AM
I’ve seen mentions here and across the net.... about the location of the event. It’s fn Jackson. Ain’t
Like y’all are doing with the Chicago land area and that traffic.

Couldn’t resist.

Jack Lambert
07-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Out of the way and Isolated isn?t good for drawing a crowd. Which is unfortunate.

It is a college campus. Looks like one way in and one way out. The front of the campus is facing HWY 80 just West of Air Port road in Pearl. You can't miss it. The building it self is on the back side of the campus which makes it seem isolated. It is a really nice facility. There was a monsoon that hit about 4:45 and that might have kept some of the people away.

sscjr1
07-17-2019, 11:10 AM
It is a college campus. Looks like one way in and one way out. The front of the campus is facing HWY 80 just West of Air Port road in Pearl. You can't miss it. The building it self is on the back side of the campus which makes it seem isolated. It is a really nice facility. There was a monsoon that hit about 4:45 and that might have kept some of the people away.

Yeah, it's sandwiched between Hwy 80 & I-20, just west of Airport Rd. Hard to miss

Bothrops
07-17-2019, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't call Muse Center isolated, it's just not in a central location for the Jackson area alumni base. The building itself is as nice a place as there is.

gravedigger
07-17-2019, 04:29 PM
I love the idea that fans can get face to face with players and coaches, but the information that gets put out at those things just seems to be the same stuff we get on the interwebs every day. Sort of like signing day parties. I used to go every chance I got, but they kinda lost their luster.

Goldendawg
07-17-2019, 09:52 PM
These things are about as out of fashion as the Spring "games", quickly being followed by intere$t in traveling to see most OOC games. The SEC needs to add a 9th conference game asap. The OOC slate for the entire conference has become a joke in most games.

Tbonewannabe
07-18-2019, 08:39 AM
These things are about as out of fashion as the Spring "games", quickly being followed by intere$t in traveling to see most OOC games. The SEC needs to add a 9th conference game asap. The OOC slate for the entire conference has become a joke in most games.

I agree, just take away one of the patsy games. Of course that also eliminates a big payday for a small school while taking away a "rest game" for our guys. The SEC schedule is pretty grueling as is. 8 games in the SEC is probably as tough as 9 games in the Pac12.