PDA

View Full Version : Baseball commit article (look why he chose MSU)

CadaverDawg
07-16-2019, 09:16 AM
This may have been posted somewhere already, so my apologies if so. Looks like our stadium and atmosphere continues to help with recruiting. I love the quote "Mississippi State is everybody's dream school"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-baseball-is-stocking-up-with-potential-first-round-pitching-talent-133649668/Amp/

Tbonewannabe
07-16-2019, 09:38 AM
Any chance we get him on campus? If he is hitting 95 with a plus plus curve, you have to think MLB won't let him out of the first or second round. It is great to see what high level recruits think about the new Dude and our fans.

AlSwearengen
07-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Any chance we get him on campus? If he is hitting 95 with a plus plus curve, you have to think MLB won't let him out of the first or second round. It is great to see what high level recruits think about the new Dude and our fans.

Others here probably know a little more, but his height might cause him to slide a little. Of course, a hundred other things factor into it.

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2019, 11:55 AM
We should get him to school

Todd4State
07-16-2019, 06:14 PM
I love seeing comments from recruits like that too. Even better- this is a recruit from South Carolina. ESPN/SEC Network along with hosting SR's that show off our new stadium and going to Omaha every year are going to increase our exposure.

The biggest obstacle I see for us right now is the scholarship/endowment situation. If that gets fixed or controlled we will reach our full potential. It's pretty amazing what we have done with some of the disadvantages with the scholarships that we have honestly.

Todd4State
07-16-2019, 06:16 PM

95 now isn't what 95 was 10-15 years ago. It's a different era with more pitchers throwing harder because of training techniques. Also things like spin rate are being looked at and evaluated like never before.

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2019, 06:20 PM
95 now isn't what 95 was 10-15 years ago. It's a different era with more pitchers throwing harder because of training techniques. Also things like spin rate are being looked at and evaluated like never before.

HS right handed pitchers have virtually no chance in today's draft unless they check most every box. This kid doesn't.

He should get to school, but I'd have to know his asking price to be certain of that.

DownwardDawg
07-16-2019, 06:26 PM
This may have been posted somewhere already, so my apologies if so. Looks like our stadium and atmosphere continues to help with recruiting. I love the quote "Mississippi State is everybody's dream school"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-baseball-is-stocking-up-with-potential-first-round-pitching-talent-133649668/Amp/

That’s awesome!! Thanks for posting that bro!!!

MaroonFlounder
07-16-2019, 10:25 PM
HS right handed pitchers have virtually no chance in today's draft unless they check most every box. This kid doesn't.

He should get to school, but I'd have to know his asking price to be certain of that.

You act like you're an expert at every sport. At this point, you're just trying to get to 25,000 comments.

TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND!

Get a life, buddy.