PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Walker

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Reckon he didnt make it. He is not listed on the new roster that was released today. Allen Love and Zuber are listed.

Zuber is 12
Love is 99
Stevens is 7. I personally dont like all the double numbers but maybe Im just a bitter old man. But if it makes the kids happy Im for it

msstate7
07-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Not good on walker. We pretty thin there, right bitter old man (lol)?

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Also, Pickering and Lovett are our 2 heaviest DL listed at 315 a piece. Autry, Love, Pickering, Lovett and Crumedy. Thats a talented rotation of DTs. Not experienced but talented.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Not good on walker. We pretty thin there, right bitter old man (lol)?

I agree. 1 injury and we are down to true freshmen or non scholly guys as our #2 RB. Alec Murphy is still there and hopefully he shuts me up but I dont think he is very good.

I have a hunch that someone at another position is already getting reps at RB or there is an emergency plan for him to get it. Hopefully it is Malik Dear bc if he ever committed to it he would be a hell of a RB

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2019, 08:40 PM
I don't think this means that Walker didn't make it. Just that he hasn't made it yet.

Pretty sure he can be added to the roster once cleared

msstate7
07-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Also, Pickering and Lovett are our 2 heaviest DL listed at 315 a piece. Autry, Love, Pickering, Lovett and Crumedy. Thats a talented rotation of DTs. Not experienced but talented.
I'm really interested in seeing our reworked interior dline game 1. ULL ain't winning, but they could be a good test for our run defense... they return top 3 rushers and have 5 RS senior olinemen from a top 25 nationally rush attack last year.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:43 PM
I'm really interested in seeing our reworked interior dline game 1. ULL ain't winning, but they could be a good test for our run defense... they return top 3 rushers and have 5 RS senior olinemen from a top 25 nationally rush attack last year.

I am as well. I think we will learn more than we think about us in those first few than we think. Kansas St cant throw it so they are going to test us up front, USM in my opinion is the best non conf team we will play this year.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:43 PM
I don't think this means that Walker didn't make it. Just that he hasn't made it yet.

Hopefully that is the case.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-15-2019, 08:51 PM

This exactly correct. And it happens every year. Some make it and some don't. Walker hasn't made it yet. There's still time.

MetEdDawg
07-15-2019, 08:52 PM

Wasn't there an article in the last couple weeks that specifically said it wouldn't be until August for him?

I thought I remembered that but I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-15-2019, 09:05 PM
Wasn't there an article in the last couple weeks that specifically said it wouldn't be until August for him?

I thought I remembered that but I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly.

Yes. It has been widely reported by Rosebowl that Walker has work to do and would not make it in until probably August. But they are optimistic that he makes it. Last update showed he was on schedule. Keep your fingers crossed.

Goldendawg
07-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Reckon he didnt make it. He is not listed on the new roster that was released today. Allen Love and Zuber are listed.

Zuber is 12
Love is 99
Stevens is 7. I personally dont like all the double numbers but maybe Im just a bitter old man. But if it makes the kids happy Im for it

My son and I checked the current roster on Hail State. There are 17 numbers not being used. One is being used by three players. Long as the players are happy, but I would rather have one of those 17 unused #'s myself. Double numbers often cause problems by the announcers and don't forget it's a penalty to have two of the same numbers on the field at the same time, unless you are UM, ( then the non-bias SEC officials just stop the game and tell you not to do that anymore!). Hail State!

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 09:28 PM
My son and I checked the current roster on Hail State. There are 17 numbers not being used. One is being used by three players. Long as the players are happy, but I would rather have one of those 17 unused #'s myself. Double numbers often cause problems by the announcers and don't forget it's a penalty to have two of the same numbers on the field at the same time, unless you are UM, ( then the non-bias SEC officials just stop the game and tell you not to do that anymore!). Hail State!

Are you referencing when OM did that in 2013 in the Egg Bowl?

Cooterpoot
07-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Walker was expected to be a late addition.

Goldendawg
07-15-2019, 09:55 PM
Are you referencing when OM did that in 2013 in the Egg Bowl?

Yes. "Great" SEC officials stopped the game and warned UM, no penalty. I was there. Not the 1st or will it be the last that SEC officials don't know the rules. I think that it should have been a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 09:58 PM
Yes. "Great" SEC officials stopped the game and warned UM, no penalty. I was there. Not the 1st or will it be the last that SEC officials don't know the rules. I think that it should have been a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty.

Haha I was there. Probably my favorite State game of all time. Between our defense battling their asses off all night, Dak coming in off the bench and Nickoe disrespecting bo wallace it is one I will tell my grandkids about one day

Jarius
07-15-2019, 11:43 PM
Walker is supposed to make it late.

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-19-2019, 05:42 PM
He Twitted today that he's reporting in August

msstate7
07-19-2019, 05:51 PM

Great news.

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2019, 06:01 PM

It’s actually a huge get because we need someone to take the carries in garbage time to ensure Hill and Gibson don’t get injured and Weatherspoon can redshirt.

Bodawg
07-19-2019, 07:00 PM
It’s actually a huge get because we need someone to take the carries in garbage time to ensure Hill and Gibson don’t get injured and Weatherspoon can redshirt.
Speaking of Weatherspoon, he signed at 180 lbs. Now up to 205. Not far from Hill's current weight. This guy could be an SEC back in a couple of years. Going to be interesting to watch.

Todd4State
07-19-2019, 08:59 PM
Speaking of Weatherspoon, he signed at 180 lbs. Now up to 205. Not far from Hill's current weight. This guy could be an SEC back in a couple of years. Going to be interesting to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Witherspoon is returning kicks for us this year. But I agree- I really like him a lot. I think he is a four star talent that was underrated because he didn't start playing football until late in his career.

Lord McBuckethead
07-19-2019, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Witherspoon is returning kicks for us this year. But I agree- I really like him a lot. I think he is a four star talent that was underrated because he didn't start playing football until late in his career.

I think he is going to be awesome as our RB1 next year.

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2019, 09:28 PM
I think he is going to be awesome as our RB1 next year.

Kylin going to grade out as a top 2 round guy?

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2019, 09:28 PM

Zuber

Todd4State
07-20-2019, 01:22 AM
Zuber

Well on kickoffs I'm assuming we'll have two guys back there. I don't think Witherspoon will be returning punts.

MetEdDawg
07-20-2019, 06:57 AM
Considering Witherspoon might be the lead guy in 2020 with Marks and Walker, I think he plays a decent amount.

He will probably be expected to carry quite a bit of the load in 2020 so he's got to get meaningful reps this year.

I would almost bet he won't RS this year because of need next year. And considering grades have been a major issue with Walker, you can't be 100% sure he's guaranteed 2020.

Jarius
07-20-2019, 07:13 AM
I have a suspicion that we will be hitting the grad transfer market for a tailback next year if Kylin goes pro.

whosyourdawgy
07-20-2019, 07:41 AM
He tweeted out he?d be here in August either yesterday or the day before. He?s gonna be in maroon n white

smootness
07-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Kylin going to grade out as a top 2 round guy?

He'll likely be drafted somewhere, which is usually enough for a RB to leave early. And I don't blame them at all.

1bigdawg
07-20-2019, 09:03 AM
[Kylin will] likely be drafted somewhere, which is usually enough for a RB to leave early. And I don't blame them at all.

He was not voted All-SEC, even on the third team. While RBs usually need to leave as early as soon as they get a clear path, he may need more than one year of work to prove himself.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2019, 09:29 AM
He'll likely be drafted somewhere, which is usually enough for a RB to leave early. And I don't blame them at all.

Sad how we feel this way about MSU players yet Bama players consistently go back to school

Hopefully Kylin has a GREAT year and goes in the top 3 rounds.

To this point though, let's be honest, his career has been mostly potential with a few highlights than actual production.

It's time for him to produce.

BiscuitEater
07-20-2019, 12:21 PM
Sad how we feel this way about MSU players yet Bama players consistently go back to school

Wrong. Bama had SEVEN leave early for the NFL. Alabama lost a total of seven players that could have been a part of the 2019 team.

Think MSU has had max of two, total leave early in a single year. Ever.

NCDawg
07-20-2019, 01:41 PM
If Walker's not reporting until August, I hope he reports in good condition; otherwise, he probably won't get to play very much. That's in addition to him not knowing the playbook.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2019, 02:02 PM
If Walker's not reporting until August, I hope he reports in good condition; otherwise, he probably won't get to play very much. That's in addition to him not knowing the playbook.

Only need him to take carries in garbage time to keep Kylin and Gibson healthy.

I could careless how good he is unless he turns out to be elite.

KOdawg1
07-20-2019, 02:22 PM
For those who are watching the new season of Last Chance U, Walker scores a TD in episode 5

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2019, 09:40 PM
It?s actually a huge get because we need someone to take the carries in garbage time to ensure Hill and Gibson don?t get injured and Weatherspoon can redshirt.

They can find someone for that. They wouldnt run either of them out there when we are up big big

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2019, 09:42 PM

Hopefully Kylin has a GREAT year and goes in the top 3 rounds.

To this point though, let's be honest, his career has been mostly potential with a few highlights than actual production.

It's time for him to produce.

He easily leads the team in rushing and probably total yards last year if he doesnt get hurt. He has produced and when he is healthy he is one of the best in the league. Knew he was going to the NFL since his last HS game against Madison Central when he torched them and they were damn good on defense. Columbus was poorly coached and had no business scoring on MC but they had Kylin and he probably had at least 200 yards in that game

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2019, 10:01 PM
He easily leads the team in rushing and probably total yards last year if he doesnt get hurt. He has produced and when he is healthy he is one of the best in the league. Knew he was going to the NFL since his last HS game against Madison Central when he torched them and they were damn good on defense. Columbus was poorly coached and had no business scoring on MC but they had Kylin and he probably had at least 200 yards in that game

Not to argue but Kylin last game was against in Clinton & Randell Montgomery is 1 of the better coaches in the state.

Todd4State
07-20-2019, 10:09 PM

Kylin was analytically one of the most productive backs in the SEC last year. People can complain about his blocking all they want- he makes plays when he has the ball in his hands. And he maybe the best running back MSU has had with regards to receiving. Honestly, it probably wouldn't have been a terrible idea to use him at WR some last year since he was probably as good or better than the guys that started when it comes to catching the ball.

msstate7
07-20-2019, 10:39 PM
Kylin was analytically one of the most productive backs in the SEC last year. People can complain about his blocking all they want- he makes plays when he has the ball in his hands. And he maybe the best running back MSU has had with regards to receiving. Honestly, it probably wouldn't have been a terrible idea to use him at WR some last year since he was probably as good or better than the guys that started when it comes to catching the ball.

Blocking is a pretty big deal though in the nfl when QBs getting 25-35 million a year. With that said, I think hill will be given a shot in the nfl... hopefully he takes advantage

Coach007
07-21-2019, 12:53 AM
Blocking is a pretty big deal though in the nfl when QBs getting 25-35 million a year. With that said, I think hill will be given a shot in the nfl... hopefully he takes advantage

Blocking is a big deal in college. He missed a ton of them last year.

TO be complete and raise his value to scouts, this is an area where he has to improve on

Todd4State
07-21-2019, 01:13 AM

MSU is also not the NFL. That said- I'm 99% sure that Hill has been working on that aspect of the game. There is no question in my mind Hill will be given a shot in the NFL if he is healthy. They do teach skills in the NFL as well. If they are willing to draft any Ole Miss WR in the first round with those guys basically knowing how to run a go, a post, and a slant not to mention my personal favorite the "find grass" route- Kylin not being able to block well probably won't faze too many organizations.

He's an explosive player who consistently averaged 4-6 YPC while splitting time with Aeris and Fitz taking a lot of carries himself. Without those two, I expect him to average at least 12-15 carries a game if not more and 2-3 receptions per game. At an average of 6 YPC that should consistently yield at least 72-80 yards a game on the low end along with 16-24 yards a game receiving if he matches his 8 yards per reception of last year.

BuckyIsAB****
07-21-2019, 06:04 PM
Not to argue but Kylin last game was against in Clinton & Randell Montgomery is 1 of the better coaches in the state.

Im sure he is but they werent outcoaching Madison Central

Goldendawg
07-21-2019, 09:35 PM
A lot of people on this site are sure expecting immediate, positive contributions from three transfers and a RB who have never played against SEC defenses. Some of you must not have read Zuber's stats against top 100 defenses that was posted on this site, (example he caught 2 passes for 11 yds against us) and played in the Big 12 which is not a powerhouse defensive league. So can he pick up Jo's O faster than others who will have been in it their second year? Walker has struggled his entire college career to get on track. Do you expect him to master the O when he shows up in August? Stevens has never been a QB starter with very limited stats in mop up time, ( positive-knows Jo's system). Love has not been granted eligibility to date. I hope that they all tear up our league. Some current players may break out in their second year on offense and give us what we need. Heck, our history of many JC players has been a redshirt year was needed. Time and games in the SEC will answer these questions very quickly. I hope the answers are positive. Hail State!

somebodyshotmypaw
07-22-2019, 06:52 AM
Kylin needs to become a better blocker. But more importantly, Kylin needs to become a more willing blocker. Much of his pass protection issues were "want to". But certainly he is a difference maker with the ball.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2019, 08:35 AM
A lot of people on this site are sure expecting immediate, positive contributions from three transfers and a RB who have never played against SEC defenses. Some of you must not have read Zuber's stats against top 100 defenses that was posted on this site, (example he caught 2 passes for 11 yds against us) and played in the Big 12 which is not a powerhouse defensive league. So can he pick up Jo's O faster than others who will have been in it their second year? Walker has struggled his entire college career to get on track. Do you expect him to master the O when he shows up in August? Stevens has never been a QB starter with very limited stats in mop up time, ( positive-knows Jo's system). Love has not been granted eligibility to date. I hope that they all tear up our league. Some current players may break out in their second year on offense and give us what we need. Heck, our history of many JC players has been a redshirt year was needed. Time and games in the SEC will answer these questions very quickly. I hope the answers are positive. Hail State!

I don't know how well he will do but using what he did against the #1 defense would skew things. You can probably find a lot of great receivers last year that had a comparable game to his.

Jarius
07-22-2019, 09:13 AM
I don't know how well he will do but using what he did against the #1 defense would skew things. You can probably find a lot of great receivers last year that had a comparable game to his.

He also had a below average quarterback during his time at K State.

BuckyIsAB****
07-23-2019, 11:44 AM
He also had a below average quarterback during his time at K State.

Kansas St has been worse at completing passes than we have so this is very valid