07-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Taylor
AEH
Jackson
Bibby
Taylor

Dawg2003
07-15-2019, 02:24 PM
For sure starters are Myah, Rickea, and AEH. There will be a battle between Carter and Morris, but I'd bet Carter starts. The other spot is open. It depends heavily on how Bibby recovers, but I would bet Wiggins if I had to put money on it.

R2Dawg
07-15-2019, 03:47 PM
For sure starters are Myah, Rickea, and AEH. There will be a battle between Carter and Morris, but I'd bet Carter starts. The other spot is open. It depends heavily on how Bibby recovers, but I would bet Wiggins if I had to put money on it.

Rickea, Bibby, AEH and my for sure starters. Rickea is a scorer. Bibby can do it all; I don't think she misses a beat. She was having a monster year last year before injury. AEH is the killer 3 every championship team has got to have. Other spots will be a battle - inside and the point as well as top subs.

captaindog
07-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Taylor
AEH
Jackson
Bibby
Taylor

I agree with M Taylor, R Jackson and C Bibby (if fully recovered). However I think it will be a fight between A Espinoza-Hunter and Wiggins at shooting guard and P Taylor and J Carter at center. If I have to predict now I will say:
M Taylor
A Espinoza-Hunter
C Bibby
R Jackson
J Carter

As I have stated in other forums I think C Bibby and R Jackson will play interchangeable forwards with neither playing a true wing or power forward. Both can score on all three levels, are tough defenders and good rebounders.

I?ll be interested to see how P Taylor recovers. If she is healthy then I think she, Y Morris and J Carter all play with J Carter getting some backup minutes at power forward.

Overall I think we have several players with similar talent levels. I?ll be interested to see who rises from the pack.

revdrdawg
07-15-2019, 04:31 PM
To start season, M Taylor, AEH, Bibby (if fully healthy), R Jackson, and Carter. The most pressure will be at point and center. We will see a lot of shared minutes at both of those until someone takes charge. I think AEH was affected by the International Women's 3 point line and will be fine back home. If Promise is healthy, we will have great depth.

smootness
07-15-2019, 04:35 PM
This year's team will be very intriguing. After last year, I figured it would be a 4-5 seed, possible Sweet 16 type team. I'm now thinking there's a chance we're a little better than that, depending on health.

But it sets us up to peak again in 2021.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-15-2019, 05:18 PM
AEH wasn’t very effective on the Italy trip... both her and Taylor will be pushed pretty hard by the Freshman....

msbulldog
07-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Isn't this a wonderful problem to have, arguing over who will start, because they're all so good! Thank you Vic! I bet there is a whole bunch of teams that wish they had this problem! HAIL STATE!! HELL YEAH!!

99jc
07-15-2019, 06:02 PM
AEH wasn?t very effective on the Italy trip... both her and Taylor will be pushed pretty hard by the Freshman....

M Taylor, AEH, Bibby, R Jackson, and Carter/Taylor I think Carter will Start and Rotate with Promise who will get a lot of Minutes.

On a side recruiting note hearing recently that Kamilla Cardosa will be ours to lose. Its really close between us and Tennessee but hearing that Cardosa really liked how Vic developed Tiera. She has grown another inch and is 6'7". This one is coming down to the wire.

captaindog
07-15-2019, 06:18 PM
AEH wasn?t very effective on the Italy trip... both her and Taylor will be pushed pretty hard by the Freshman....

I agree that A Espinoza-Hunter had trouble with the smaller, quicker guards. Prior to Italy I would have agreed that M Taylor would be pushed by the freshmen. However after seeing her performance, especially against Australia and in leading a comeback for a win in an earlier game, I think M Taylor will be a leader and solid starter. I could see her getting nearly 30 minutes or more game if she continues to progress at her current rate.

captaindog
07-15-2019, 06:27 PM
If I were the coaching staff I’d also send highlights of how much Y Morris improved during the Italy tour. I am amazed she was able to play as well as she played. Adding K Cardosa would be unreal especially considering we don’t lose any of our other post players.

msbulldog
07-15-2019, 06:34 PM
If I were the coaching staff I’d also send highlights of how much Y Morris improved during the Italy tour. I am amazed she was able to play as well as she played. Adding K Cardosa would be unreal especially considering we don’t lose any of our other post players.

Might not want the competition, let Vic handle it.

jdelta02
07-16-2019, 04:18 PM
New era of women's basketball at Miss. State is taking place.

I currently have JaMya Mingo-Young making the lineup along with fellow freshman Rickea Jackson. Hemingway pushing hard as well. Also, will see more of Matharu now that Jazz Holmes is finished.Will get a better picture of what she has brought to the table.

This freshmen class already makes up nearly all of the top players within the guard rotation. Myah Taylor and Andra Espinoza-Hunter thus far still hanging in there with these youngsters though. Wiggins played well in Italy, still, she and Bre Scott appear to be actually losing ground to the freshmen.

Also, this class compares favorably with the one that had Victoria Vivians, Morgan William, and Blair Schaefer.