PDA

View Full Version : And It Has Begun....

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2019, 09:48 AM
The annual SEC Media Days highlights the idiots in the media that obviously don?t follow college football and still see us as Mittittipi Tate.

Ranks us last in the West

https://twitter.com/mattsmithcfb/status/1150736504416821253?s=21

msstate7
07-15-2019, 09:57 AM
Why do you let this bother you? Lol

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Why do you let this bother you? Lol

Because it's hilariously bad

Dawg2003
07-15-2019, 10:02 AM
I've never understood why anyone pays attention to these predictions in any sport. It's such an obvious stunt to generate interest, and people take the bait every time.

BrunswickDawg
07-15-2019, 10:03 AM
That makes me laugh - 1) Because I like it when they pick us last, again; and 2) Because the guy works for Southern Pigskin. SP is based here in little old Brunswick, GA and is basically a glorified blog attached to our local ESPN Radio Affiliate. The guys who run it are nice enough - and include a couple good contributors like former UF/Tennessee Titan Ben Troupe and former GT QB Synjyn Days. But, their analysis of football is somewhat lacking. Their "Southern Pigskin Radio network" is a bunch of AM radio stations in the swamps of South GA.

Coach34
07-15-2019, 10:06 AM
His SEC picks are actually pretty good- other than not having us ahead of UPig and OM. UPig will be improved and is on the road. A rainy, cold night in Ar-Kansas could make a tough night for JoVester and the boys.

Jack Lambert
07-15-2019, 10:16 AM
His SEC picks are actually pretty good- other than not having us ahead of UPig and OM. UPig will be improved and is on the road. A rainy, cold night in Ar-Kansas could make a tough night for JoVester and the boys.

So cold and rain only effects one team? I do understand where you are coming from on that statement.

Johnson85
07-15-2019, 10:24 AM

So they're actually pretty good, except being obviously bad. Got it. Next time we hire a coach of any major sport, can we make it a requirement that the candidate can't have 17ed one of Coach34's girlfriends/wives? Surely that can't cut the candidate pool by too much? I'd be ok passing on a good candidate if it saved us a decade of Standsbury/Joevester type nicknames.

99jc
07-15-2019, 10:24 AM

Don't go full blown retard today. As bad as I rake on Joe Mo there is no way in hell we finish last. I will take all bets on this, but it will cost ya 5k.

Scared_Hitless
07-15-2019, 10:27 AM
We beat Arkansas by 50 last season with our current staff. Chad Morris is a joke and we smoke them and Tennessee again this year cannot wait for this season to unfold. The crow will be flowing.

starkvegasdawg
07-15-2019, 10:37 AM
SEC media days constant picks is Alabama first and us last in the west. It's like death and taxes.

StateDawg44
07-15-2019, 10:49 AM

Bold prediction.... Arky playing us close.***

PKADogs55
07-15-2019, 10:58 AM
According to this guy's prediction ... wonder who our (1) Conference W is against? What a 17-Head!

Dawg2003
07-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Don't go full blown retard today. As bad as I rake on Joe Mo there is no way in hell we finish last. I will take all bets on this, but it will cost ya 5k.

Unless I read it wrong, he did say the picks were good bedsides having us last.

99jc
07-15-2019, 11:04 AM
we go 5-7 he agreed with that.

TrapGame
07-15-2019, 11:05 AM
According to this guy's prediction ... wonder who our (1) Conference W is against? What a 17-Head!

And he has Arky 1-7 in conference too. So who do we beat for that one conference win? This guy's smoking crack.

R2Dawg
07-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Great, we always do good when we get picked last. I'm now expecting big things, well I was already but just went up some more.

msstate7
07-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Great, we always do good when we get picked last. I'm now expecting big things, well I was already but just went up some more.

We won't be picked that. This guy is pretty much a no one

msu15
07-15-2019, 11:36 AM

How much you want to put on that?

R2Dawg
07-15-2019, 11:40 AM
I agree. Media will pick us ahead of Ark and Olemiss and that is it. Understand that position. TAMU getting hype, Bama, LSU, Aub hype. We need to beat Aub and TAMU a few more years to move up the perception pecking order. I like our position and opportunity though.

Maroonthirteen
07-15-2019, 11:42 AM
I like it. Count State out.... State sucks.... let the hate flow. It’s when State does it best work.

confucius say
07-15-2019, 11:47 AM
I actually think the media is giving us more props, and believes in us more, than most posters on this board.

Liverpooldawg
07-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Who cares.

Ari Gold
07-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Same shit different year.
Hell Barrett Sally had OM beating Bama last year and going 9-3 that tells ya all you need to know about these hacks.

You could give Miss State any team in the SEC roster besides UGA and Bama and there would still be a handful of bags that would pick us dead last.

TexasDawg
07-15-2019, 12:12 PM
The annual SEC Media Days highlights the idiots in the media that obviously don?t follow college football and still see us as Mittittipi Tate.

Ranks us last in the West

https://twitter.com/mattsmithcfb/status/1150736504416821253?s=21

dude has 2100 followers. Calling him the media is a bit of a stretch

Coach34
07-15-2019, 12:20 PM
So cold and rain only effects one team? I do understand where you are coming from on that statement.

Well- our performances in the rain vs Kentucky and LSU last year left alot to be desired and doesnt inspire much confidence

Coach34
07-15-2019, 12:22 PM

Who said we would finish last? I clearly said we should be ahead of UPig and OM

Coach34
07-15-2019, 12:23 PM

No he didnt.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2019, 12:25 PM
dude has 2100 followers. Calling him the media is a bit of a stretch

Do we even know if the guy knows the difference between us and UM?

Also, I don't think this guy knows anything about the SEC. He has Mizzou at 9-3 after losing Locke and has UK at 8-4 when they lost more than probably any team in the SEC in production.

I will say if he is correct then Moorhead's seat would be straight Lava only winning 1 game and being behind UM, SC, UK, and UT while being tied with Vandy and Ark for the bottom.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2019, 12:27 PM
I like it. Count State out.... State sucks.... let the hate flow. It’s when State does it best work.

I hate this attitude by MSU people.

The goal of life should not to be disrespected.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2019, 12:27 PM

It certainly affected us more than UK that night since Snell was just running almost every play and Fitz tried to show that he was a throwing QB. We are more of a run team than Ark so I don't think it would have that kind of affect on that game.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Who said we would finish last? I clearly said we should be ahead of UPig and OM

I personally think we will be ahead of UM, Ark, Vandy, UT, UK, and SC. That would put us at 8 wins and probably Texas, Music City, or Liberty Bowl.

Coach34
07-15-2019, 12:30 PM
I personally think we will be ahead of UM, Ark, Vandy, UT, UK, and SC. That would put us at 8 wins and probably Texas, Music City, or Liberty Bowl.

I certainly agree that the Tenn game will likely decide 7 vs 8 wins

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2019, 12:43 PM
I certainly agree that the Tenn game will likely decide 7 vs 8 wins

That is pretty much what I think and I would be pleasantly surprised with a win against AU, A&M, or LSU. Out of those I think we have the best shot at maybe AU with a young QB early in the season.

Lord McBuckethead
07-15-2019, 01:14 PM
That is pretty much what I think and I would be pleasantly surprised with a win against AU, A&M, or LSU. Out of those I think we have the best shot at maybe AU with a young QB early in the season.

I agree. No need to dispute this. I will root for them to prove me wrong with every snap. I want 15-0.

99jc
07-15-2019, 01:14 PM
How much you want to put on that?

read the whole thread I said id put 5k that we wont go 5-7.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2019, 01:21 PM
read the whole thread I said id put 5k that we wont go 5-7.

It would be really disappointing to lose 3 games out of UM and UK at home or Ark and UT on the road. I would think we can at least win the home games to get to 6 wins.

Political Hack
07-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Bama
A&M
LSU
Auburn
State
Arkansas
Ole Miss

That's it. Y'all don't even have to watch now.

msstate7
07-15-2019, 01:25 PM
Bama
A&M
LSU
Auburn
State
Arkansas
Ole Miss

Flip LSU and aTm

Bodawg
07-15-2019, 01:37 PM
This is nothing more than the same lazy, modern day journalism that predicted that we would finish near the bottom of the SEC in baseball. No real research into the prediction. Just go by where they think we should be.

Johnson85
07-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Bama
A&M
LSU
Auburn
State
Arkansas
Ole Miss

Auburn has @Florida and v.UGA as their east matchups. We will have v.UK and @UT. I think a lot of people are going to be pissed if we finish behind them in the standings.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Auburn has @Florida and v.UGA as their east matchups. We will have v.UK and @UT. I think a lot of people are going to be pissed if we finish behind them in the standings.

Even with that, AU probably is 4-4 which would require us to win UM, Ark, UK, and UT. Definitely a possibility.

Political Hack
07-15-2019, 02:17 PM

I'll be pissed but I expect them to have the head to head tie breaker, which gives them a little edge IMO.

I also think LSU and A&M could flip, as 7 suggested. I just honestly expect Coach O to make a boneheaded move that's going to cost them at least one game they should've won.

Bothrops
07-15-2019, 04:02 PM
For us to go 1-7 in the league this year would mean our HC steps down during the season.

Johnson85
07-15-2019, 04:11 PM
I'll be pissed but I expect them to have the head to head tie breaker, which gives them a little edge IMO.

I also think LSU and A&M could flip, as 7 suggested. I just honestly expect Coach O to make a boneheaded move that's going to cost them at least one game they should've won.

Looking at it more closely, if they get 2 out of 3 against us, LSU, and A&M, and they edge us out b/c of owning the tiebreaker, I don't think many people will be pissed about that. I was thinking it'd be unlikely that they get 2 out of 3 against LSU, A&M and MSU, but I guess that's not too unlikely, and then there is the possibility they get one of those three but then steal one back against UF or UGA.

Johnson85
07-15-2019, 04:13 PM
For us to go 1-7 in the league this year would mean our HC steps down during the season.

Nah. We're not firing him in the middle of his second season. It'd be hard to pull the trigger at the end of his second season but I think that would justify it and I think we would. But maybe not if he blew everybody out OOC and finished up 5-7. That's kind of sickening to think about.

Ari Gold
07-15-2019, 05:08 PM
Over the last 6 years or so I think our record against LSU/ AM/ Aub is .500 or maybe even above .500... and that’s with less talent top to bottom
So there is no reason to think we won’t or can’t win one of these games

Handle our business in the other games that’s our path to 8 or 9 wins

Pollodawg
07-15-2019, 06:20 PM

This site is soooooo much better when you?re not here.

shannondawg
07-15-2019, 06:50 PM
SEC media days, I am retired and have been for sometime, but am still too busy to listen to coach speak for 3 freaking days.

No offense 34. I always read your posts.

Lord McBuckethead
07-15-2019, 07:55 PM
This site is soooooo much better when you?re not here.

Why does every single post by Coach34, have to be damn critical. Man just stated his opinion.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:16 PM

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. Gotta love negative weather forecasts for a game in november on july 15.

Please God can we kickoff

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:17 PM
And whichever one of yall it was told me that Pickering needed to gain weight to be able to play this year, he is listed as our heaviest DT at 315 so if he needs to gain weight we are in trouble.

In our scheme we dont need big heavy slow footed DT anyway

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Even with that, AU probably is 4-4 which would require us to win UM, Ark, UK, and UT. Definitely a possibility.

We can win all of those games and not be that good. If we dont win all of those something went wrong.

WPS
07-15-2019, 10:25 PM
That’s dumb. Alabama should be on top and Ole Miss and Arkansas on the bottom until proven otherwise.

The middle is a crapshoot.

Ari Gold
07-16-2019, 08:59 AM
That’s dumb. Alabama should be on top and Ole Miss and Arkansas on the bottom until proven otherwise.

Excellent post... and if you guys take care of business week 2 that’s where OM will be at the bottom.

Tbonewannabe
07-16-2019, 09:40 AM

Do you think your defense will be improved enough to get to a bowl game?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Can we just accept this as the norm now? It's not even surprising anymore and therefore is not worth bringing up EVERY year.

WPS
07-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Do you think your defense will be improved enough to get to a bowl game?

The DL should be pretty solid, as will the starters at LB (not much depth there though) but the secondary is still very young. Our defense actually wasn't too bad at times last year (only gave up 14 to A&M, 21 to LSU, 21 to Auburn), even in the terrible North Texas game the reason they scored 44 was because we threw 6 interceptions and gave up a special teams TD which we did a lot. The defense seemed to give up in our last two games though. They were put in terrible situations all year because we weren't really good at anything, dead last in punting which gave the other offense short fields all the time.

I'd probably go with 5 wins which would be an acceptable improvement but not making a bowl would still be disappointing. The Ole Miss game in week 2 will be critical since they will be breaking in 2 new coordinators, of course we have a lot of new players as well. We've had 22 players transfer since Morris took over and only 3 of them have landed at other P5 schools. The two QBs we started last year ended up at Western Kentucky and Southeastern Louisiana.