PDA

View Full Version : King Jackie trial against the NCAA starts today in Madison.

shannondawg
07-15-2019, 08:31 AM
I saw it in Tupelo Daily Journal.

Bodawg
07-15-2019, 09:24 AM
Long live the Kang!

Commercecomet24
07-15-2019, 09:28 AM
Get em Jackie!

BeastMan
07-15-2019, 09:58 AM
Glad he’s seeing it through but I bet it doesn’t get covered. I’d be shocked if the CL covers it. Maybe Rosebowl will. Maybe another book he could sell

Goldendawg
07-15-2019, 10:24 AM
What has taken so long?

Dawgology
07-15-2019, 10:28 AM

will ever be printed by the Mississippi media. Especially if it starts looking bad for Ole Miss.

DownwardDawg
07-15-2019, 10:34 AM
will ever be printed by the Mississippi media. Especially if it starts looking bad for Ole Miss.

It’s gonna look real bad for a couple ole miss boosters.

MedDawg
07-15-2019, 11:16 AM

It will be interesting if the attorney for the NCAA goes after testimony from ex-MSU athletes and assistant coaches to find recruiting dirt.

msbulldog
07-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Glad he’s seeing it through but I bet it doesn’t get covered. I’d be shocked if the CL covers it. Maybe Rosebowl will. Maybe another book he could sell

It's in the CL.

Liverpooldawg
07-15-2019, 12:21 PM

It was in the Daily Journal.

MaroonFlounder
07-15-2019, 06:40 PM
There is a list of people that may get called to testify by Jackie's attorney, one of which is a former reb that was interviewed by the NCAA way back during the investigation.

That shocks the hell outta me.

Political Hack
07-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Lots of old names going to be popping up in the coming months.

Turfdawg67
07-15-2019, 07:15 PM
What has taken so long?

Our 17'n legal system. GO JACKIE!! Get those MoFos for everything they got!

Maroonthirteen
07-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Jackie must still be L-O-A-D-E-D to
Have the cash to keep this suit going for 17 years.

Commercecomet24
07-15-2019, 07:54 PM
I hope Jackie and his lawyers give them no quarter. Sweep the leg!

BeastMan
07-15-2019, 09:42 PM
It's in the CL.

Covering it as in going to court and reporting

Bdawg
07-15-2019, 10:03 PM
So what's the short version of the lawsuit about or what is the Kang actually suing for?

msbulldog
07-16-2019, 06:04 AM
Our 17'n legal system. GO JACKIE!! Get those MoFos for everything they got!

And 650 legal motions filed in the last 15 years.

Maroonthirteen
07-16-2019, 06:14 AM
The CL article on the matter is concise and will answer your question.

Dawgology
07-16-2019, 07:05 AM
The CL article on the matter is concise and will answer your question.

That is all.

coachnorm
07-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Wish Jackie good luck. I would like to remind fellow Elite Doggers that the NCAA somehow got one of their appellate lawyers on the jury in the Todd McNair trial against the NCAA. This appellate attorney somehow became the jury foreman? Fortunately, the legal system disallowed the validity of the first trial and it all starts over again. I hope the legal system is not tainted towards the NCAA and against Jackie in a different part of the country.

ScoobaDawg
07-16-2019, 10:26 AM
So what's the short version of the lawsuit about or what is the Kang actually suing for?

Former MSU football coach Jackie Sherrill finally gets his day in court, takes on NCAA
Justin Vicory, Mississippi Clarion Ledger Published 10:41 a.m. CT July 15, 2019 | Updated 8:26 a.m. CT July 16, 2019

Fifteen years later, former Mississippi State University football head coach Jackie Sherrill, 75, is having his day in court.

Jury selection began Monday in Canton in Sherrill's long-awaited case against the NCAA.

Sherrill?s attorneys will attempt to prove NCAA investigators acted with ?constitutional malice? when they named him as under investigation for violating NCAA policies in 2003.

The suit was originally filed in Oktibbeha County but the NCAA, at its request, was granted a change of venue. Madison County Circuit Court Judge Dewey Arthur is presiding over the case.

State or Ole Miss fan?: Attorney asks potential jurors on day 1 of Jackie Sherrill trial

The NCAA, in addition to charging Sherrill with unethical conduct, said the coach made offers to Ben Wallace, the stepfather of recruit Chris Spencer, and also to the Rev. Joseph Scott, grandfather of recruit Jo Jo Scott.

Although the charges against Sherrill were dismissed, the former coach believes once they were made public they tarnished his career and prevented him from continuing coaching.

Sherrill retired after the 2003 season. The NCAA found Mississippi State and Sherrill not guilty of any major violations after a three-year investigation.

Sherrill's lawsuit against the NCAA and investigators Rich Johanningmeier and Mark P. Jones accuses the NCAA of eight counts of negligence.

Among the accusations a Madison County jury will consider is that the NCAA leaked confidential information concerning the investigation and Sherrill to the public, refused to allow Sherrill the opportunity to face his accusers and conducted an "unnecessary" and lengthy investigation.

Sherrill was the longest-serving head football coach in MSU history. He led the Bulldogs for 13 seasons and racked up 75 wins, the most in university history.

Attorneys Jim Waide, Rachel Waide and Wayne Ferrell are representing Sherrill while attorneys Kate Embry and J. Cal Mayo are representing the NCAA.

This story has been corrected since first published to indicate the trial is starting 15 years since the suit was filed, not 16.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Lol Cal Mayo is representing the NCAA? He's an ole miss guy. Not surprised one bit.

Randolph Dupree
07-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Former MSU football coach Jackie Sherrill finally gets his day in court, takes on NCAA
Justin Vicory, Mississippi Clarion Ledger Published 10:41 a.m. CT July 15, 2019 | Updated 8:26 a.m. CT July 16, 2019

Fifteen years later, former Mississippi State University football head coach Jackie Sherrill, 75, is having his day in court.

Jury selection began Monday in Canton in Sherrill's long-awaited case against the NCAA.

Sherrill?s attorneys will attempt to prove NCAA investigators acted with ?constitutional malice? when they named him as under investigation for violating NCAA policies in 2003.

The suit was originally filed in Oktibbeha County but the NCAA, at its request, was granted a change of venue. Madison County Circuit Court Judge Dewey Arthur is presiding over the case.

State or Ole Miss fan?: Attorney asks potential jurors on day 1 of Jackie Sherrill trial

The NCAA, in addition to charging Sherrill with unethical conduct, said the coach made offers to Ben Wallace, the stepfather of recruit Chris Spencer, and also to the Rev. Joseph Scott, grandfather of recruit Jo Jo Scott.

Although the charges against Sherrill were dismissed, the former coach believes once they were made public they tarnished his career and prevented him from continuing coaching.

Sherrill retired after the 2003 season. The NCAA found Mississippi State and Sherrill not guilty of any major violations after a three-year investigation.

Sherrill's lawsuit against the NCAA and investigators Rich Johanningmeier and Mark P. Jones accuses the NCAA of eight counts of negligence.

Among the accusations a Madison County jury will consider is that the NCAA leaked confidential information concerning the investigation and Sherrill to the public, refused to allow Sherrill the opportunity to face his accusers and conducted an "unnecessary" and lengthy investigation.

Sherrill was the longest-serving head football coach in MSU history. He led the Bulldogs for 13 seasons and racked up 75 wins, the most in university history.

Attorneys Jim Waide, Rachel Waide and Wayne Ferrell are representing Sherrill while attorneys Kate Embry and J. Cal Mayo are representing the NCAA.

This story has been corrected since first published to indicate the trial is starting 15 years since the suit was filed, not 16.

Both of the judges parents graduated from State. Lol.

Bdaski
07-16-2019, 05:59 PM

I like Jim and Rachel Waide, but it would tickle me if Tom Mars was a member of that team. OM would have a smothering spell.