PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down our SEC opponents... UK

Coach007
07-14-2019, 07:19 PM
You all know my opinion on the season. I wanted to go through each SEC team we will be playing, in order to explain my reasons and to have some great discussions.

We all know that games are won on the field... so. It's a discussion.

UK: they replace 16 departing seniors and star running back Benny Snell.

QB Terry Wilson.

Wilson completed 8 passes for 71 yards and 1 int.

RB Snell is gone and Rose is the guy.

Staff is saying they will have to get it done by committee. Rose rushed for 750ish yards last year.

WR/TE: All pretty much gone

Tight end C.J. Conrad, No. 2 WR David Bouvier and No. 3 WR Dorian Baker ... gone.

Lynn Bowden Jr. is the only returning guy, but this is not a passing team, and he was limited to 15 yards by our DBs

Defense

I'm going to group this together. Josh Allen, Mike Edwards, Darius West , Jordan Jones... all gone. Out of the top 5 on the defense... that was 4 of them gone. Derrick Baity Jr., who led the team in passes broken up.... gone. Basically the entire secondary needs to be replaced.

I do NOT see this game as being close.

DownwardDawg
07-14-2019, 07:29 PM
I think we will beat KY by 20 this year.

R2Dawg
07-14-2019, 07:44 PM
I think so too and we need to. UK fans have gotten pretty cocky after one lucky win by one of their best teams ever. They ain't winning in Starkvegas. Reality coming to UK in Sept.

RougeDawg
07-14-2019, 08:42 PM
We beat UK with band members playing in the 4th. They caught the perfect storm last year. Literally.

StarkVegasSteve
07-15-2019, 12:34 PM
Their fans seem to forget that it was a one score game going into the 4th quarter. They act like they blew us out and ran off the field. If we don't have 300 penalties we probably end up being able to win that game.

Bothrops
07-15-2019, 04:20 PM
We should beat Kentucky pretty handily this year.

Turfdawg67
07-15-2019, 05:04 PM
I think we will beat KY by 20 this year.

We beat UK with band members playing in the 4th. They caught the perfect storm last year. Literally.

Their fans seem to forget that it was a one score game going into the 4th quarter. They act like they blew us out and ran off the field. If we don't have 300 penalties we probably end up being able to win that game.

We should beat Kentucky pretty handily this year.

Yep, yep, yep and yep. I'm ready to get back to a time when our fans lumped UK in with our OOC opponents and looked at it as a given that we beat them.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2019, 08:23 PM
Yep, yep, yep and yep. I'm ready to get back to a time when our fans lumped UK in with our OOC opponents and looked at it as a given that we beat them.

That never left. The team was ill prepared. They did have their best team they have had in a while and Stoops did a good job with them. Give them credit. Thats still only one time they have beaten us in like a decade

Johnson85
07-16-2019, 08:32 AM
That never left. The team was ill prepared. They did have their best team they have had in a while and Stoops did a good job with them. Give them credit. Thats still only one time they have beaten us in like a decade

?? Didn't we lose to them in 2016?

Last year they at least had a good team. 2016 was us just being a cluster 17.

BuckyIsAB****
07-16-2019, 12:50 PM
?? Didn't we lose to them in 2016?

Last year they at least had a good team. 2016 was us just being a cluster 17.

Sure did I forgot that. Beat us on a last sec FG from like 60 yards. Mullen totally screwed that team