PDA

View Full Version : Any insight into summer conditioning?

Cowbell
07-14-2019, 02:28 PM
I am a firm believer that games are won in the offseason. I was really high on our last S&C coach, but don?t know what to think of the new guy (he looks like he could shed a few himself). Curious if anyone has insight into how strenuous workouts have been and also how our discipline is (something that I thought was down last year)?

MedDawg
07-14-2019, 05:29 PM
nm

Todd4State
07-14-2019, 06:29 PM
Well, I work out at the same gym as one of our players who went there to work out when he was home before team conditioning stuff began. All I can tell you is they are fired up about playing Tennessee.

HoopsDawg
07-14-2019, 06:40 PM
Didn't we just promote the assistant to head strength coach?

I remember Mullen saying it was the most important hire on the staff. The guy at Bama makes a ton of money.

Lord McBuckethead
07-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Didn't we just promote the assistant to head strength coach?

I remember Mullen saying it was the most important hire on the staff. The guy at Bama makes a ton of money.

Maybe the most important people on staff can convince ballers to come in and dominate the SEC at MSu. Just imagine if Mullen had one dude that wouldn't rest until the best WR and QB in the nation xame to state.

R2Dawg
07-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Just curious what is the big motivation for UT?

Todd4State
07-14-2019, 07:58 PM

I don't exactly know. Probably in part because we don't play them a lot and it's on the road. We probably see it as a big swing game. We have a few players from Tennessee too.

BrunswickDawg
07-14-2019, 08:03 PM

Playing for Shoop

TNDawg35
07-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Shoop was blamed a lot for the UT/Butch drama. It wasn’t his fault his D stayed on the field the whole damn game...

Jarius
07-15-2019, 06:24 AM
Shoop was blamed a lot for the UT/Butch drama. It wasn’t his fault his D stayed on the field the whole damn game...

The biggest problem was that they had about 9 defensive players out with injury one year. Most were on the DL. Shoop was the hottest DC name in college football before he went to that dumpster fire. He is and always has been an excellent DC.

timotheus
07-15-2019, 07:21 AM
I did see Story a few weeks ago and he is fit and trim and said they conditioning coach was really pushing them to workout out on their own to maintain stamina. I am looking for a good year from our Oline.

Maroonthirteen
07-15-2019, 08:51 AM
I’d like to know how Stevens is doing in voluntary workouts. In the middle of it? Being accepted? A Leader?

Jarius
07-15-2019, 09:41 AM
I’d like to know how Stevens is doing in voluntary workouts. In the middle of it? Being accepted? A Leader?

Every update Paul gets from players on the team is that Stevens looks far and away like the best qb on our roster.

MedDawg
07-15-2019, 11:13 AM
I did see Story a few weeks ago and he is fit and trim and said they conditioning coach was really pushing them to workout out on their own to maintain stamina. I am looking for a good year from our Oline.

Which likely means he has been pushing this since before spring practice. That's plenty of time to improve conditioning, if the players actually did it.

R2Dawg
07-15-2019, 11:28 AM
Playing for Shoop

Ah, yes forgot about that. That is a good sign then if the guys are fired up about making their guy look good. Healthy locker room if you ask me.

msstate7
07-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Hopefully revenge for shoop goes better than it did last year trying to get it against Mullen

I seen it dawg
07-15-2019, 01:46 PM
It's hot

TaleofTwoDogs
07-15-2019, 09:09 PM
They look in pretty good shape. See for yourself.

https://hailstate.com/galleries/?gallery=5125

Cowbell
06-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Thought this was worth a bump. I posted this last year and was not taken too seriously but we all know this was the biggest issue. Reason for asking again this morning.

Hambone
06-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Defense played really good against Tennessee.

The offense, however........

BeardoMSU
06-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Defense played really good against Tennessee.

The offense, however........

That's because their offense was abysmal. Our D played well enough to win, though, per your point. Still....remembering that game makes me throw up in my mouth.

Jack Lambert
06-14-2020, 06:18 PM
That's because their offense was abysmal. Our D played well enough to win, though, per your point. Still....remembering that game makes me throw up in my mouth.

Beat KSU or Tenn Moorehead is probably still our coach.

BeardoMSU
06-14-2020, 07:11 PM
Beat KSU or Tenn Moorehead is probably still our coach.

I'm not complaining now, obviously, lol. But in the moment, I wanted to throw my TV out the window.

Jack Lambert
06-14-2020, 07:30 PM
I'm not complaining now, obviously, lol. But in the moment, I wanted to throw my TV out the window.

I was pissed but I tried to stay positive through it all until the season was over. No way in hell we should have lost those two games.

Uncle Ruckus
06-14-2020, 08:32 PM
Well, I work out at the same gym as one of our players who went there to work out when he was home before team conditioning stuff began. All I can tell you is they are fired up about playing Tennessee.
lol

Todd4State
06-14-2020, 09:08 PM
lol

I was very surprised with how our team played against Tennessee based on my conversations with that player.