PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead's recruiting is setting the stage

Coach007
07-14-2019, 11:21 AM
While recruiting is not over, we see that he is proving to be a guy that will recruit and go after exactly what he needs. We saw that with the WR and QB from the transfer portal. Look at what he is bringing in.

1- Jordan Davis the #1 WDE in JUCO
2- Patterson #4 WR in Juco
3- Butts #5 WR in Juco
4- Lawson #4 SDE Juco
5- Dolcine #1 OG in juco
6- McCrae #9 SDE Juco
7- Ducking #9 WR Juco
8- Heath #1 Wr Juco
9- Wheat...#1 S JUCO

10- Key #7 in the nation at SDE and top 50 player nationally(#33) out of HS

That's all for the next 3 seasons. It goes along with last yea'rs:

1- Cross OT
2- Pickering DT
3- Russell WDE
4- Sharp OG #2 Juco
5- Payton WR #3 Juco
6- Love DT Transfer
7- Shrader QB

And the year before:

1- Whop WR
2- Johnson OT
3- Crumedy WDE
4- Lovett
5- Spivey

All of these will fill any gap we may have and add depth. It certainly looks like our recruiting method and roster has us moving forward. It's pretty exciting!

Did I miss anything?

Harrydawg
07-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Great post....right on spot. This staff is way ahead of Mullen?s staff in terms of recruiting and it starts at the top.

gravedigger
07-14-2019, 01:21 PM
While recruiting is not over, we see that he is proving to be a guy that will recruit and go after exactly what he needs. We saw that with the WR and QB from the transfer portal. Look at what he is bringing in.

3- Butts #5 WR in Juco
4- Lawson #4 SDE Juco
5- Dolcine #1 OG in juco
6- McCrae #9 SDE Juco
7- Ducking #9 WR Juco
8- Heath #1 Wr Juco
9- Wheat...#1 S JUCO

1- Cross OT
2- Pickering DT
3- Russell WDE
4- Sharp OG #2 Juco
5- Payton WR #3 Juco
6- Love DT Transfer
7- Shrader QB

And the year before:

1- Whop WR
2- Johnson OT
3- Crumedy WDE
4- Lovett
5- Spivey

All of these will fill any gap we may have and add depth. It certainly looks like our recruiting method and roster has us moving forward. It's pretty exciting!

Did I miss anything?

Time will tell and so will Joes staff managing those players, but for now, there is little doubt Joe is handling the recruiting game pretty well early on.

Very good post.

99jc
07-14-2019, 02:06 PM

3- Butts #5 WR in Juco
4- Lawson #4 SDE Juco
5- Dolcine #1 OG in juco
6- McCrae #9 SDE Juco
7- Ducking #9 WR Juco
8- Heath #1 Wr Juco
9- Wheat...#1 S JUCO

1- Cross OT
2- Pickering DT
3- Russell WDE
4- Sharp OG #2 Juco
5- Payton WR #3 Juco
6- Love DT Transfer
7- Shrader QB

And the year before:

1- Whop WR
2- Johnson OT
3- Crumedy WDE
4- Lovett
5- Spivey

Did I miss anything?

Dang good post! You got me thinking I may be wrong on Joe. I hope this recruiting leads to success.

dawgs
07-14-2019, 02:06 PM
I would prefer to not rely on juco so heavily. If it's just temporary until his HS croots are ready to handle the job, then I can live with it so long as we become less reliant on it moving forward, but seeing that many jucos gives me ptsd from sherrill's last years.

99jc
07-14-2019, 02:08 PM
I would prefer to not rely on juco so heavily. If it's just temporary until his HS croots are ready to handle the job, then I can live with it, but seeing that many jucos gives me ptsd from sherrill's last years.

Jackie lost control of that team. I am not so sure it was the JUCOS just bad management.

dawgs
07-14-2019, 02:24 PM
"Bad management" includes poor roster management and recruiting the wrong guys who weren't ready to come in and start at the sec level immediately. If a juco guy is not immediately gonna be the best or 2nd best guy you have at a position, you shouldn't sign them. Can't wait for a juco guy to develop, they need to be able to walk in the door and play a meaningful role on the team, which means they need to be on the 2-deep. Any snaps beyond the 2-deep should be given to freshmen and sophomores so they can gain experience.

R2Dawg
07-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Jackie lost control of that team. I am not so sure it was the JUCOS just bad management.

JWS showed us all the formula to winning big in Mississippi - get some top JUCO talent from the best JUCO talent in the country (in Miss) to compliment HS talent. We must have some top JUCO talent to compete for championships.

JWS got thin in spots and had a bad crop of JUCO talent. Can't miss on the key JUCOs that are filling key gaps. Tim will tell on Moorhead but his recruiting is going very well.

Coach007
07-14-2019, 02:41 PM
2 of the 3 first rounders we had turn pro were juco guys.

Keep in mind. We are recruiting out of HS. But things have massively changed in JUCO. These players are not a ton behind.

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2019, 02:46 PM
IDK, the classes look prey similar to Mullen’s right now.

Jack Lambert
07-14-2019, 02:58 PM
I would prefer to not rely on juco so heavily. If it's just temporary until his HS croots are ready to handle the job, then I can live with it so long as we become less reliant on it moving forward, but seeing that many jucos gives me ptsd from sherrill's last years.

That was then and this is now. With the new transfer rules for FBS to FBS everything has changed and that goes for JUCO transfers. We just had two JUCO transfer drafted in the first round. I think this might be the way to go.

Dolphus Raymond
07-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Has Heath made it official ?

msu15
07-14-2019, 03:22 PM
IDK, the classes look prey similar to Mullen’s right now.

No, no they don’t, but I’m not shocked in the least that you think they do.

Todd4State
07-14-2019, 04:09 PM
I think we're going to oversign this year which is not a bad thing after years of undersigning.

I also think that we're going JUCO heavy to fill holes that Dan left with his poor recruiting. If some of these JUCO's pan out we should be pretty good in 2020 and 2021. We'll know more if we redshirt Key and convince Kylin to come back for his senior year. Picking up Cole Smith will help too. That's another 4 star offensive lineman if I remember correctly and we need someone that can play center for us next year after Daryl Williams graduates. Heath will have a major impact on the WR corp. Not sure about Ducking as far as 2020 but should be good as he develops and Patterson may or may not be in the class. I'd personally like to keep him if possible. If Cross and Dolla Bill win OT spots along with Cole Smith that would be three four star offensive line recruits.

The defensive line recruits this year kind of remind me of 1998-1999 because we'll still have Kobe and Marquiss Spencer plus Lovett, Pickering, and Crumedy will all be experienced next year. Good chance we lose Thompson and Gay from the LB group so we're going to have to figure that out. Same situation at CB as Dantzler could declare early as well. Hopefully Jarrian Jones and Marcus Murphy are ready to take over at CB along with Tyler Williams. Peters, Butts, and Morgan-Walker should be solid at safety.

Coach007
07-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Dont forget, on the DL you will have Love and Jackson who switches back to DL this year.

RougeDawg
07-14-2019, 04:31 PM

Jackie losing the team had nothing to do with what happened on the field. Those who know will tell you.

99jc
07-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Jackie losing the team had nothing to do with what happened on the field. Those who know will tell you.

Yes I do know what was going on.

Ari Gold
07-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Moorhead is a grinder and is really wanting to prove something this year on and off the field.
That came from a guy close to the program and in contact with CJM from time to time

Sounds really good compared to a coach that quit on his team.

NWADAWG
07-14-2019, 05:44 PM
IDK, the classes look prey similar to Mullen?s right now.

I don't see any real difference in star power when comparing JoMo to DM. It does seem that JoMo's recruiting is a little more rounded ( it includes WRs and quality OL) and bolder when it comes to going after high ranking guys from out of state. Even if he doesn't get the out of state star power, it's nice to feel like your coach still went after them with all he had. Eventually he will land more.

Coach34
07-14-2019, 05:52 PM
Recruiting is the best thing about this staff so far. Very encouraging

RougeDawg
07-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Recruiting is the best thing about this staff so far. Very encouraging

This season will tell the tale. 2 years in a new system. If it is going to work, we should see evidence in year 2. Joe seems to be able to relate to recruits. Can he relate to current players? I?ll update in December.

Jarius
07-15-2019, 12:49 AM

2 of the jucos he has listed won’t be in this class. Patterson and Butts. Butts will have to be in next year’s class if he is even in it at all.