PDA

View Full Version : What Random MSU Player Becomes a Household name in 2019?

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Every year there is 1 right?

Who is it this year? Who is the guy we aren't talking about that makes a massive impact.

Obviously can't be someone obvious.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2019, 09:28 AM
I'm going to go Austin Williams.

He's been too good in practice to never contribute right?

bulldawg28
07-13-2019, 09:55 AM

I think that window may be closing imo. The transfer along with TE use may limit him imo.

bulldawg28
07-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Maybe Lovett or one of the TE's. I really don't know how they're supposed to actually function in Moorehead's offense.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Spivey & Tyler Williams

msstate7
07-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Spivey & Tyler Williams

Williams is still a CB?

MetEdDawg
07-13-2019, 10:12 AM
I think most everyone on our team is not a household name. Last year Simmons and Sweat dominated the headlines.

Guys like Errol and Cam has great years but they got overlooked tremendously. Not this year. Those 2 to me become household names even though they are already playing on a crazy good level. If you want a surprise name I'll go Cole. I think he's really really good.

I think Tommy Stevens is the interesting one and has the biggest upside. If he comes out and starts firing the ball all over the place, he could become the household name because he's at the most important position in the most important league. He's the only player on our team that can do enough to take us to 9-10 wins. If he does that he becomes the household name

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Maybe Lovett or one of the TE's. I really don't know how they're supposed to actually function in Moorehead's offense.

I think we've been talking about Lovett thus he doesn't qualify. Lovett better damn well produce.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2019, 10:30 AM
I think most everyone on our team is not a household name. Last year Simmons and Sweat dominated the headlines.

Guys like Errol and Cam has great years but they got overlooked tremendously. Not this year. Those 2 to me become household names even though they are already playing on a crazy good level. If you want a surprise name I'll go Cole. I think he's really really good.

I think Tommy Stevens is the interesting one and has the biggest upside. If he comes out and starts firing the ball all over the place, he could become the household name because he's at the most important position in the most important league. He's the only player on our team that can do enough to take us to 9-10 wins. If he does that he becomes the household name

Guess I'm talking about guys that are household names to MSU fans. Stevens is a household name to MSU fans.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2019, 10:33 AM
Truth is, we can guess all day, but we really don't know who Stevens will develop uncanny chemistry with.

THE Bruce Dickinson
07-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Not exactly unknown, but I think Erroll Thompson is going to blow up this year, and become a household name with other fanbases.

viverlibre
07-13-2019, 10:41 AM

Haha, we've had our share of practice allstars who never reached their potential in-game action.

gravedigger
07-13-2019, 10:57 AM

If I had to guess, I think Austin is the most probable. Or a tight end. If the offense is run properly, which we assume it will be, the things we?ve been missing are possession receivers and downfield threats.

BankerDog
07-13-2019, 11:48 AM
Breakout RS Freshman on D will be Crumdy. On offense it?s going to be Spivey.

I wouldn?t mind seeing us splitting Dontae Jones out at WR, kid has some serious ball skills.

I also like Nathaniel Watson on defense. He?s the next big thing at LB.

MaroonFlounder
07-13-2019, 02:31 PM
It would be nice if Kendall Jones could help at DT. 5th year Sr at a position of need that has been depth guy down on the chart. Teammates seemed to think he would be a guy in the spring but he's nursing some kind of injury now.

Coach007
07-13-2019, 02:53 PM

Who is it this year? Who is the guy we aren't talking about that makes a massive impact.

I'm going with Rivers on Defense

And Stevens on offense

Goldendawg
07-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Keyton, the forgotten man who also plays QB.

ZedFedder
07-13-2019, 03:14 PM
I think Guidry comes around.

bulldawg28
07-13-2019, 03:28 PM
I think we've been talking about Lovett thus he doesn't qualify. Lovett better damn well produce.

Lovett hasn't played a snap. Your recommendation was talked about all offseason and produced very little.

Goldendawg
07-13-2019, 03:33 PM
I hope that it is a couple of WR's. It seems that our guys have a lot of trouble getting separation against DB's, especially in SEC games. Maybe our new WR coach can help correct this.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2019, 04:58 PM
I'm going with Rivers on Defense

And Stevens on offense

Those don’t count. They’re already known. Not random

Political Hack
07-13-2019, 06:03 PM
I don't think most people appreciate Danztler at CB. He's going to show out.

gravedigger
07-13-2019, 11:12 PM
I think Guidry comes around.

I hope so. One play in the A&M game gives me that hope. So many others though....

Jarius
07-14-2019, 06:41 AM
I think Javonte Payton has the best chance at WR to fit the qualification because he is a Juco guy at a position of need that no one is talking about. Whop is also not being talked about and has a chance to break out. Nick Gipson will be a very good player when he gets his opportunities and I expect him to be an outstanding backup tailback. I think Tommy Champion ends up beating out Eiland at RT.

On defense, Fletcher Adams gets almost no publicity and plays very well. I expect Lovett to be our best DT by the end of the year. At LB, Brule will look really good when he gets his chances but he won't get many with the proven depth there. In the secondary, I am predicting Fred Peters to be this year's Jaquarius Landrews in the way that no one had any expectations for him but he gets an opportunity and makes a big play. Marcus Murphy is going to be a stud too. J. Jones will be the second team corner by the time SEC play rolls around IMO.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Smitherman played quite a bit lat year and I didn't remember his man every catching a pass. Maybe it was just luck, but I can definitely see him being really good and playing enough for us all to notice.

On O? Well Spivey has gotten love on here, but wit respect to being a "household" name 90% of State fans have never heard of him. He might give us enough of a TE game to get noticed, and State fans are so desperate for some life at that position that he'll get more attention than a WR with similar stats.

Other wildcards to be are Fred Peters, Marcus Murphy, Austin Williams, and Spencer (Missed last year so to most fans he'll be coming "out of nowhere")

Bdawg
07-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Spivey. It way beyond time to incorporate our TEs in the offense. Hope he has great hands because I'm really tired of seeing balls bounce off our guys guys hands for potentially big gains.

Coach007
07-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Those don’t count. They’re already known. Not random

..... Ok then.

Defense Lovett

Offense Osirus Mitchell

BogeyGolfer
07-14-2019, 10:45 AM

The one guy that will be at least a 1st or 2nd round pick...Enroll Thompson. He has NFL talent and it's obvious.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-14-2019, 01:46 PM
..... Ok then.

Defense Lovett

Offense Osirus Mitchell

If Mitchell can learn to catch I 100% agree. He made a big jump from '17 to '18, and he got open at a very respectable rate last year. It was Fitz not seeing him, missing him, or Osirus dropping it that kept most on here from seeing him as the answer we've been looking for. He was better than Guidry last year

99jc
07-14-2019, 01:58 PM

Dang Shotgun I have to agree 100% here. He is a possession type receiver. Reminds me of
Lance Long never used at MSU but made the Arizona Cardinals roster in the NFL.

Lance Long
No. 17, 18, 86
Position:
Wide receiver
Personal information
Born:
May 4, 1985 (age 34)
Detroit, Michigan
Height:
6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Weight:
186 lb (84 kg)
Career information
High school:
Shelby Twp. (MI) Eisenhower
College:
Mississippi State
Undrafted:
Career history
Arizona Cardinals (2008–2009)
Kansas City Chiefs (2009)
Jacksonville Jaguars (2010)
San Francisco 49ers (2010–2011)
Detroit Lions (2012)*

Bothrops
07-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Defense - Erroll Thompson

Offense - Tommy Gunn

Coach34
07-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Whop

He is the most talented WR we have and if he figures the offense out along with the transfer- we could have a solid passing game. My worry is that the transfer bogs down on his reads and ends up a 30 catch guy, Whop still doesnt get it and loses time because of it, Williams still never gets open, and Mitchell/Guidry continue to drop passes.

Coach007
07-14-2019, 06:09 PM
If Mitchell can learn to catch I 100% agree. He made a big jump from '17 to '18, and he got open at a very respectable rate last year. It was Fitz not seeing him, missing him, or Osirus dropping it that kept most on here from seeing him as the answer we've been looking for. He was better than Guidry last year

Yes he was.

Ari Gold
07-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Brian Cole could make a huge jump like Abram did last year
But for an underclassmen I like Tyler Williams and Aaron Brule could be the next Willie Gay type player