PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Motors in Starkville

notsofarawaydawg
07-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Is that the same guy that has the business in Oxford?

NickoeWatersHedges
07-13-2019, 12:07 AM
Yeah...wouldn’t give him a dime.

Martianlander
07-13-2019, 07:33 AM
Couldn't believe he came there. Doubt he will make it.

Lord McBuckethead
07-13-2019, 08:12 AM
Most people do not realize this situation. He will sell cars.

starkvegasdawg
07-13-2019, 08:34 AM
I live in Starkville and had no idea he had opened up a dealership there. Guess I need to get out more.

Hambone
07-13-2019, 08:58 AM
He didn’t open one up, he bought out the existing dealership. He gives State money as well, I bet most of you guys didn’t know that.

Also, while we’re on the subject, as a business person, you would be IDIOTIC to turn your nose up at a SEC program that wants to use YOU as their preferred method of transportation. I dislike Ole Miss as much as the next person, but if they want to bring me millions to my business, then so be it.

I don’t consider that being a traitor to State, I consider that being a smart businessman.

Rick Danko
07-13-2019, 09:17 AM
There are some people that take message boards and Mississippi State athletics vs Ole Miss athletics way to seriously in this life.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-13-2019, 09:43 AM
There are some people that take message boards and Mississippi State athletics vs Ole Miss athletics way to seriously in this life.

Ain't that the truth. But just in case, lock up your womans and chil'ren at night, those dam rebels are everywhere!

Homedawg
07-13-2019, 10:15 AM
I live in Starkville and had no idea he had opened up a dealership there. Guess I need to get out more.

Bought out STARKVILLE ford

gravedigger
07-13-2019, 11:53 AM
He didn’t open one up, he bought out the existing dealership. He gives State money as well, I bet most of you guys didn’t know that.

Also, while we’re on the subject, as a business person, you would be IDIOTIC to turn your nose up at a SEC program that wants to use YOU as their preferred method of transportation. I dislike Ole Miss as much as the next person, but if they want to bring me millions to my business, then so be it.

I don’t consider that being a traitor to State, I consider that being a smart businessman.

I bought a used truck there years ago. Pretty happy with it.

Too many options around though to limit myself in the future. I?ll buy from them if it helps me. If it doesn?t, I?ll go somewhere else.

Last car I bought, the salesman was Cody Pruitt, former Ole Miss player, at a Memphis dealership. Good kid and another good deal.

All that said, I can probably find a good deal where I want to and who is selling it won?t make much difference.

MaroonFlounder
07-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Maybe MSU student-athletes can get unlimited free use of loaner cars now as well?

Cooterpoot
07-13-2019, 12:35 PM
I generally don’t care about a business and their connection to OM. This is an exception. They helped OM cheat. They got busted helping them cheat. No way in hell I deal with them.

Bothrops
07-13-2019, 12:40 PM
Maybe MSU student-athletes can get unlimited free use of loaner cars now as well?

Now this is the way to look at it.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-13-2019, 04:22 PM

I'm thinking new tires. Wait......**

Dawgbite
07-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Too many other car dealers for my hard earned money to be funneled into hookers and cash for Ole Miss recruits. Call me a hypocrite if you want. Now if they start giving Mustangs to five star offensive linemen that sign with State, then I’ll reconsider.

timotheus
07-13-2019, 07:23 PM
He'd do it but somebody better sweeten the pot real good for him.

AlSwearengen
07-13-2019, 07:29 PM
If you do business with olemiss people, make sure you know them. Look how many of them have been busted running scams, Ponzi schemes, etc.

I know a lady who was using an investment group made up of mostly olemiss people. They lost a sizable chunk of her money on a failed timber venture that I would be willing to bet was run by one of their friends (just a guess). She had another guy in the business look at it and he said that it wasn’t illegal but highly unethical.

I know there are a lot of good olemiss people, but damn, there sure seem to be a lot of well known olemiss people that find themselves in trouble with the feds pretty often.

timotheus
07-13-2019, 07:40 PM
And they just don't think they will get caught or be damaged due to them simply being from ole miss. They a bunch of em too

Bdaski
07-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Most people do not realize this situation. He will sell cars.

If I was a person of position at MSU, I would make sure our coaches and players be very, very careful if they deal with them. He is the very Cannon who got removed from supporter status at OM for giving cars to OM players. He would love nothing more then to get MSU doing wrong. Some may think I'm off my rocker, and I very well could be. But, I would certainly be aware of his strategy concerning the university and dealing with players.