PDA

View Full Version : Just read "Moorhead Talks the Evolution of Offensive Plays", (Free read on 24/7)

Goldendawg
07-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Found the part about identifying the "game wreckers on the two deep" on defense both interesting and ironic. Was this system of analysis in place before we faced Kentucky last year and DE Allen wrecked our offense practically one handed or have we learned from this? Your thoughts.

justwin
07-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Found the part about identifying the "game wreckers on the two deep" on defense both interesting and ironic. Was this system of analysis in place before we faced Kentucky last year and DE Allen wrecked our offense practically one handed or have we learned from this? Your thoughts.

It was in place and it works, fitz could not process it though which is why we lost the 5 games we did. So he Just ran a lot on his own. Moorhead was in a tough spot be he can?t bench a 5th yr sr coming off the OM planned gruesome leg break hit as a first year HC. Hopefully year 2 is better and why joe says he wants a qb that can beat you with his mind. So we will see.

Todd4State
07-12-2019, 11:43 PM
Eiland couldn't block the guy. The only other option was Tyre Phillips who didn't do much better against him in that game.

Dawg61
07-12-2019, 11:48 PM
Might not of been another option to replace Eiland but there was plenty of options to negate or atleast slow down Allen's effectiveness. For starters we could of ran the ball straight at his face 30 times till he puked.

Jarius
07-13-2019, 02:13 AM
That entire game was a shit show. I was more mad at Joe Moorhead after that game than I have been at any of our coaches ever in my lifetime outside of Dan Mullen post 2014 Egg Bowl. We jumped offside about 15 times and then he did nothing to slide protection and get Eiland/Phillips help. Stupid unsportsmanlike penalties too. Kentucky was ready for a war and we walked in there thinking we were going to play the same Kentucky we usually play. I am a huge Moorhead supporter, but that was a really really bad day for him and it was his "welcome to the SEC" moment. He had a couple of those last year, but a lot of it was Fitzgerald being awful or a receiver not catching a pass. That game was squarely on Moorhead not having his team ready to play.

Doggie_Style
07-13-2019, 07:25 AM
It was in place and it works, fitz could not process it though which is why we lost the 5 games we did. So he Just ran a lot on his own. Moorhead was in a tough spot be he can?t bench a 5th yr sr coming off the OM planned gruesome leg break hit as a first year HC. Hopefully year 2 is better and why joe says he wants a qb that can beat you with his mind. So we will see.

This is a weak narrative basically blaming the entire failure of the offense on Fitz There is plenty of blame to go around but at the end of the day the person responsible is JoMo.