PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys 60 Clayborn....remember him?

Coach 57
10-24-2013, 07:46 PM
If you guys remember me talking about this kid so far he is looking good replacing Beckwith @ RG so far!

Coach34
10-24-2013, 07:55 PM
He's been the talk of the guys we signed this past year on the OL- looking solid so far

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Dude is going to be a beast and will fill in for Gabe nicely next year.

Goat Holder
10-25-2013, 10:14 AM
OL is going to be stout next year. Losing Jackson will hurt sure, but losing Siddoway won't. Clayborn will be a year older and Malone coming back will offset Jackson a little. Hopefully Robinson and the JUCOs will help SOME.....I'm not asking Robinson to be a star, just not a complete bust like he has been so far. Beckwith is a good player too.

FISHDAWG
10-25-2013, 10:27 AM
I think we see better OL play next year also ... for me it has been a little bit of a letdown because I had higher expectations for this bunch and I think several offensive problems & complaints that get attributed elsewhere should be laid at this lines feet

chef dixon
10-25-2013, 10:31 AM
To UK's credit, their front 7 is actually pretty good. Dupree is sick.

BankerDog
10-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Clayborn was driving guys 5 yards back off the ball. I would've yanked the redshirt sooner.

Coach34
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Our OL has been good this year. Not sure why people keep knocking them so much.

We lost 40 yards of rushing on sacks and taking a knee at the end. Subtract those and we rushed for 192 on 38 carries- 5.05 ypc

The sacks are not just the OL- the defense overloads a side like they did last nite a couple of times and you just dont have enough people to block them. We dont have any hots built in because our WR's are running longass routes on 3rd and long. Not much the OL can do there. The first sack I think we had the wrong protection called- it looked like we had a Lou protection (left gap) called when we should have protected inside-out

I like the play of our OL right now. When you have 296 yards of offense at half- it's hard to say they arent going their job

hailmari
10-25-2013, 11:06 AM
I watched him hold his own pretty well all night. I loved his hustle on that tipped pass that almost fell right into the hands of the UK guy, Clayborn shed his guy and chased after the ball and plowed away the INT.

hacker
10-25-2013, 11:13 AM
I watched him hold his own pretty well all night. I loved his hustle on that tipped pass that almost fell right into the hands of the UK guy, Clayborn shed his guy and chased after the ball and plowed away the INT.

Yep, this was an excellent play.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 11:15 AM
I've also heard he's the only guy in practice who can consistently dominate Nick James.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Our OL has been good this year. Not sure why people keep knocking them so much.

There were several plays where Dak had all damn day to throw the ball. If no one is open, I wish he would start taking off. I think he could have gashed them a few times.

Bo Darville
10-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Big thick body. Big legs and butt. Great body for a guard. Has a nasty streak. Clayborn looks loaded with potential.

We need OL any way we can get them. We lose Holley, Siddoway, and Gabe Jackson. Damien Robinson won't help. Justin Senior, Cole Carter, and Devon Desper really need to help us next year. Malone will return at guard. If needed, Malone has the feet, body, and intelligence to move outside to tackle. I think the core O-line next year is Malone, Day, Clausell, Beckwith, Senior, and Clayborn. That is 6 guys. Cole Carter and Desper could make it 7 or 8. Any JUCO signees obviously would help and potentially start, especially at tackle. I'm not expecting much from Damien Robinson or Muniz. I don't think Flowers or Jake Thomas will be quite ready.

EAVdog
10-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I was going to start a thread about Clayborn but wasn't sure if it would have been to 'positive'. I saw a couple plays where I thought it was Gabe Jackson plowing forward only to see it was Clayborn. He looks like he'll be a good one.

fishwater99
10-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Clayborn was driving guys 5 yards back off the ball. I would've yanked the redshirt sooner.

I had heard he wanted to redshirt.. I guess Dan is really feeling the heat. I think it was a another wasted redshirt to go along with Shumpert's...

Corey♥DemDawgs
10-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Announcers were talking him up too, he took advantage when called upon last night.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2013, 01:06 PM
We are having success with these private school o-linemen. Clayborn is built like a square, which is exactly like I like them. I guess the moral of the story is, if you can't recruit the best o-linemen in the country, recruit smart ones that can pick up the system and know what they are doing. Better to have smart less talented o-linemen that know what they are doing, rather than dumb slightly more talented guys that lack football instincts.

Bo Darville
10-25-2013, 01:08 PM
I do remember you talking about him. He looks good. I like his body and he seems to have some nastiness. Beckwith is a good player, but Clayborn has so much more potential. I'm very high on Clayborn after watching him last night. He seems to have that large stable base in the legs and butt that Chance Warmack and Gabe Jackson have. He moves well for a big guy.

Bo Darville
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
We are having success with these private school o-linemen.

Malone, Beckwith, and Clayborn are all MAIS. Rawlings verbally committed. Steen a fixture on the Bama OL.

I've never been one to worry about all of the public/private or white/black crap. Just give me some guys that can play. If that is a black placekicker that kicks like Stephen Gostkowski and a white tailback that runs like Adrian Peterson, then so be it. If Jerious Norwood comes from Central Holmes Academy or Chris White comes from Lanier High School, then so be it.

Coach 57
10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
One bright spot from last night. Was VERY impressed with him. As one said earlier he prevented an INT late in the ge by going all DB on one if the LBs. And I said that this year in earlier camps he was not only dominating Nick but also Chris & Quay. He is one tough cookie!

CadaverDawg
10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Malone, Beckwith, and Clayborn are all MAIS. Rawlings verbally committed. Steen a fixture on the Bama OL.

I've never been one to worry about all of the public/private or white/black crap. Just give me some guys that can play. If that is a black placekicker that kicks like Stephen Gostkowski and a white tailback that runs like Adrian Peterson, then so be it. If Jerious Norwood comes from Central Holmes Academy or Chris White comes from Lanier High School, then so be it.

Great post, I agree

MarketingBully01
10-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, he was impressive. I think what really sucks is that we have talent everywhere on the offense it's just young which leads to our inconsistencies in stopping ourselves (missed assignment here or there). It sucks for Tyler to be a senior with such a young offense but it is what it is. We have to play Dak whole games the rest of the way. We do that and next year our offense becomes unstoppable.

Our secondary will be good next year too. Linebackers will be good and DLine will only get better when Jones has a year under his belt. Our biggest weakness then becomes the kicking game. We have to do something about Bell. We have to have a contingency plan in place and put him just on the kick offs and punts next year. We have to find at least an average place kicker.