PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we are scrubs.

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 12:55 PM
First time poster and I?m gonna make it short and sweet. I love reading forums on my downtime, long time MSU fan, and alumnus. Thought i would share this with y?all and see what y?all had to say. Apparently we are scrubs. Here is the link sorry i don?t know how to imbed the link in a text. Yes i am triggered from last years beat down.

Go Dawgs!

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/why-are-we-not-outrecruiting-scrubs.299599/

Pollodawg
07-11-2019, 01:02 PM
UK is not going to pass the Mississippi schools. They’ve beaten us twice in a decade. That’s like saying we’re gonna pass Auburn because we’ve had a decent run verses them or LSU because we beat them in ‘14 and ‘17. Beating a team twice in a decade doesn’t mean you’re gonna pass them. Lol Granted, the gap between us and them isn’t as wide as between us and the other two schools I mentioned.

But, still, come now, cats. That was a once-in-a-decade season for them. They’ll be back at 4-8 soon enough. Probably this season. Stick to basketball.

Pollodawg
07-11-2019, 01:07 PM
And they’re on their forums discussing MSU. Until now, nobody as given a 17 about UK. And we still don’t. Lol

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Recruiting is definitely something that make you pull your hair out if you follow it enough. I was surprised to see that they have a better overall average star rating along with fewer commitments. Their heads seem to be getting bigger but who wouldn’t with how they finished the year.

Pollodawg
07-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Recruiting is definitely something that make you pull your hair out if you follow it enough. I was surprised to see that they have a better overall average star rating along with fewer commitments. Their heads seem to be getting bigger but who wouldn’t with how they finished the year.

Suspected you were a troll, but thought I’d play along. Lol

Pollodawg
07-11-2019, 01:19 PM
I’ll send you along the way with this barb: No one looks at their schedule and goes: “Oh, crap, we’ve got UK next week.”

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 01:40 PM
No not a troll. I’ve been reading elitedaws for sometime now figured i would make my first post during this dead period.. “Oh, crap, we’ve got UK next week.” We should have said this last year! I hope we take care of business this year.

Bothrops
07-11-2019, 01:52 PM
We know what UK fans are going through, a great year and the expectations in recruiting are a lot higher for the following class. It just doesn't work that way with some programs and UK is one of them.

PKADogs55
07-11-2019, 02:15 PM
That forum is all over the damn place. I wouldn't think twice about what a UK-Football fan claims.

BrunswickDawg
07-11-2019, 02:45 PM
We know what UK fans are going through, a great year and the expectations in recruiting are a lot higher for the following class. It just doesn't work that way with some programs and UK is one of them.

Stoops has done a great job there. But, his SEC recruiting ranking of 13, 12, 11, 11, 12 isn't going to mean they have all the sudden moved up the ladder. It means they aren't Vandy and Arkansas - which I guess is moving up - only because they suck.
That being said - their schedule sets up nicely for them this year. All their OOC - including Louisville - cupcakes. UF, UPig, Mizzou, and UT at home are at worst a split, and a shot at 3-1. Their road slate is MSU, UGA, USCJr (the one benefit of reading that thread was USC Jr), and Vandy. A split there is in reach. So they have a path to 8 wins, and an outside shot at 10 if last year was wasn't entirely about 4 NFL guys playing lights out.

I'll say this though - We'd at worst be 10-2 playing that schedule. The east is still trash.

Jarius
07-11-2019, 02:56 PM
No not a troll. I’ve been reading elitedaws for sometime now figured i would make my first post during this dead period.. “Oh, crap, we’ve got UK next week.” We should have said this last year! I hope we take care of business this year.

Maybe they should have said “Oh, crap, we have got MSU next week” more than twice in the last decade. Congrats on the once in a lifetime season.

Jack Lambert
07-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Stoops has done a great job there. But, his SEC recruiting ranking of 13, 12, 11, 11, 12 isn't going to mean they have all the sudden moved up the ladder. It means they aren't Vandy and Arkansas - which I guess is moving up - only because they suck.
That being said - their schedule sets up nicely for them this year. All their OOC - including Louisville - cupcakes. UF, UPig, Mizzou, and UT at home are at worst a split, and a shot at 3-1. Their road slate is MSU, UGA, USCJr (the one benefit of reading that thread was USC Jr), and Vandy. A split there is in reach. So they have a path to 8 wins, and an outside shot at 10 if last year was wasn't entirely about 4 NFL guys playing lights out.

I'll say this though - We'd at worst be 10-2 playing that schedule. The east is still trash.

With out Snell and Allen KY lost the two guys that made them above the rest of the trash.

BrunswickDawg
07-11-2019, 03:22 PM
With out Snell and Allen KY lost the two guys that made them above the rest of the trash.

Their DBs - Johnson (2nd round to Houston) and Edwards (3rd to Bucs) played a huge part too. They also had an OT drafted in the 7th. So it took 5 NFL draft picks to get them to a historic season after back-to-back 7-6 seasons.
It will be interesting to see how far they drop back. I think they are probably where we were in 2011.

gravedigger
07-11-2019, 04:12 PM
First time poster and I?m gonna make it short and sweet. I love reading forums on my downtime, long time MSU fan, and alumnus. Thought i would share this with y?all and see what y?all had to say. Apparently we are scrubs. Here is the link sorry i don?t know how to imbed the link in a text. Yes i am triggered from last years beat down.

Go Dawgs!

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/why-are-we-not-outrecruiting-scrubs.299599/

Stated a better way: Apparently Uk fans have as hard a time understanding what recruiting rankings mean, or more importantly what they dont mean, as we do.

Cooler: be nice
Bouncer: what if one of them calls my momma a whore?
Cooler: is she?

Lord McBuckethead
07-11-2019, 04:58 PM
No not a troll. I?ve been reading elitedaws for sometime now figured i would make my first post during this dead period.. ?Oh, crap, we?ve got UK next week.? We should have said this last year! I hope we take care of business this year.

Guys......sunshine is from california

Turfdawg67
07-11-2019, 05:03 PM

Go Dawgs!

Glad to have you! FYI... it's Shotgun's job to scour the internet looking for any diss at MSU and bringing it back to ED. But carry on...

99jc
07-11-2019, 05:06 PM
This whole thread is missing the most vital point. This is Moorheads fault for going to Kentucky and losing to those 17ers. We dont lose, Kentucky fans dont have a leg to stand on.

Turfdawg67
07-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Stated a better way: Apparently Uk fans have as hard a time understanding what recruiting rankings mean, or more importantly what they dont mean, as we do.

Cooler: be nice
Bouncer: what if one of them calls my momma a whore?
Cooler: is she?

You must spread some some Reputation around before giving it to Gravedigger again.

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Guys......sunshine is from california

Haha definitely not but i do not live in MS anymore

Turfdawg67
07-11-2019, 05:08 PM
This whole thread is missing the most vital point. This is Moorheads fault for going to Kentucky and losing to those 17ers. We dont lose, Kentucky fans dont have a leg to stand on.

How have you not been banned? Sucks to be a Rebel/Bear/Shark huh?

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Glad to have you! FYI... it's Shotgun's job to scour the internet looking for any diss at MSU and bringing it back to ED. But carry on...

Thanks! I like to see what others have to say about us sometimes. I don’t mind throwing a wrench here and there.

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 05:15 PM

That day was the most important day of my life and couldn?t be there to watch it, that game still pisses me off today. I read their forum days leading up to the game and i knew then that we were gonna have to play the best game we could to win it. It was a storm brewing.

Turfdawg67
07-11-2019, 05:24 PM
That day was the most important day of my life and couldn?t be there to watch it, that game still pisses me off today. I read their forum days leading up to the game and i knew then that we were gonna have to play the best game we could to win it. It was a storm brewing.

Hahahahaha! Go away already. Congrats on winning a game while our 1st year coach was feeling-his-way and there was a monsoon happening. We'll wax UK this year and get back on track to where our fans compare that win to beating MTSU.

Sunshine89
07-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Hahahahaha! Go away already. Congrats on winning a game while our 1st year coach was feeling-his-way and there was a monsoon happening. We'll wax UK this year and get back on track to where our fans compare that win to beating MTSU.

Why would i do that? I hope we do!

99jc
07-11-2019, 07:09 PM
How have you not been banned? Sucks to be a Rebel/Bear/Shark huh?

You dumb 17er I spent more money on MSU sports last year than a burger flipper like you will make in 10 years.

gravedigger
07-11-2019, 09:59 PM
You dumb 17er I spent more money on MSU sports last year than a burger flipper like you will make in 10 years.

You lost money gambling and forgot to save $2.50 for the diaper rash cream.

But that?s all Moorhead?s fault. Or one of many posters who doesn?t sympathize with you.

Grow up.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Only thing that concerns me about Kentucky is A) their physical and aggressive attitude on D (this often is the anecdote to offenses like Moorheads) and B) their OL. It will be REALLY good:

Their LT was a former .96 rated, 78 overall player that missed last year with injury. Their RT started at LT all alst year. Their C returns and was pretty good last year, their guards are a pre-season 2nd team all American and a former high 3* entering his 3rd year (last year he sat behind a 3rd round draft pick). 3 returning starter, another who would have started, and the 5th we have no reason to think isn't decent.

Their secondary and passing game are the weak spots. I worry that their OL will take advantage of our DTs and lack of Sweat, and they'll be able to move the ball on the ground. Yeah Snell is gone but 90% of the run game is OL and QB making the correct reads.

That said we should still win, but they do have a really good unit that might keep them in the game

PMDawg
07-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Go Dawgs!

I'm just absolutely floored to read that Kentucky fans are complaining that they aren't ahead of us in the recruiting rankings as opposed to being ECSTATIC to finally have a class in the top 25 (spoiler alert: it won't end up in the top 25 when it's all said and done).

Political Hack
07-12-2019, 08:44 PM
I thought Kentucky joined Conference USA in football???

gravedigger
07-13-2019, 01:31 PM
I'm just absolutely floored to read that Kentucky fans are complaining that they aren't ahead of us in the recruiting rankings as opposed to being ECSTATIC to finally have a class in the top 25 (spoiler alert: it won't end up in the top 25 when it's all said and done).

If I?m not mistaken their message boards count us as a win for them every preseason. And why wouldnt they. It?s preseason.

Sunshine89
07-13-2019, 02:16 PM
If I?m not mistaken their message boards count us as a win for them every preseason. And why wouldnt they. It?s preseason.

Seems like everyone did the same thing in 2017.

Goldendawg
07-13-2019, 03:19 PM
Virtually every fan base puts on their team colored sunglasses this time of year without much knowledge of what has changed with their opponents in the off season. Everyone is undefeated and looking forward to the regular season, except bama fans. They are bored and uninterested awaiting the playoffs. Some even still teed off about the past Clemson game. Really hear this from some of my wife's bama relatives at church, (live 5 miles from bama line). More bama stickers on MS tagged vehicles than State and UM combined. Hail State!

PMDawg
07-13-2019, 05:13 PM

Well, Kentucky is one of the few SEC schools that we can be confident about. 80% over 10 years. You're right, they're pretty much pathetic.

gravedigger
07-13-2019, 10:20 PM

Which was reasonable. We needed a field goal to beat Miami Ohio in a bowl game we didn?t deserve to be in. In 2017, we managed to get beaten soundly on our home field by a similarly weak Ole Miss who shouldn?t have been within
3 scores of us with or without Fitz.

Again, it should not be a surprise to MSU fans that UK fans see us as a potential win. It?s what fans do. The scrubs comment is akin to our own fans who defecate from the keyboard on a regular basis.

Maroonthirteen
07-14-2019, 07:32 AM
I’m sure every conversation in my life with ANY SEC fan dismissed MSU.

Every sec school marks us as a win every year. Even the Dak years.