PDA

View Full Version : Huge Baseball Commitment - Mikey Tepper - RHP c/o 2020

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Mikey Tepper just committed.

2020 player & the 89 overall player for Perfect Game

Up to 95 & the #2 overall player in the state of South Carolina.

Getting PG players ranked 50-100 is the sweet spot.

Those guys go to college & become 1st rounders in 3 years

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Looks like Payton Plumlee with Cerantola type ability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOGFrcSwUYM

Todd4State
07-09-2019, 09:43 PM
He will be a very nice compliment to Cade Smith. Pitching to me is our biggest current need in our class. We probably need to add a couple of raw/high upside corner INF/OF guys in case Blaze goes pro and as you said earlier today Hendricks is pretty much gone. I wouldn't mind adding a catcher too- although it's need as big a need especially if we redshirt Austin Kelly. I definitely like our class- we got a couple of good MIF in Davis Meche and Lane Forsythe and then Peyton Puckett and Austin Reed are probably going to be solid outfielders. Blayze Berry will be a good college player too- not sure if he is a pitcher or a hitter for us yet though. Or both? And then we have Blaze Jordan and Kellum Clark who will be All-SEC types if they come to school.

I'd like to see us add Tyler Franks and Jacob Payne to the pitching staff in this class.

AlSwearengen
07-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Seems a little odd that he is still available considering he is a 2020 kid and is rated that high. Also nice to pluck him out from under SC and Clemson. That says something.

Todd4State
07-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Seems a little odd that he is still available considering he is a 2020 kid and is rated that high. Also nice to pluck him out from under SC and Clemson. That says something.

South Carolina being down probably helps. Foxhall has a great reputation in that area- I believe Fort Mill is right on the border between North and South Carolina if I'm not mistaken. Just as big to get him away from people like North Carolina, NC State, Georgia, Duke, and Vanderbilt.

I don't really know a lot about this particular player's background but the fact that he was committed to UNC Charlotte tells me that he was likely a late bloomer. Kind of like Ethan Small being committed to Austin Peay at one point in time.

No BS Dawg
07-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Nice pick-up! We just need to get these guys to campus.

AlSwearengen
07-09-2019, 10:31 PM
South Carolina being down probably helps. Foxhall has a great reputation in that area- I believe Fort Mill is right on the border between North and South Carolina if I'm not mistaken. Just as big to get him away from people like North Carolina, NC State, Georgia, Duke, and Vanderbilt.

I don't really know a lot about this particular player's background but the fact that he was committed to UNC Charlotte tells me that he was likely a late bloomer. Kind of like Ethan Small being committed to Austin Peay at one point in time.

I think that explains it. I’m sure there were other baseball schools after him like the ones you mentioned so it is still a recruiting win. He isn’t a sleeper at this point.

basedog
07-10-2019, 08:18 AM
Cade Smith is now throwing or has thrown 94 mph. The thing that is so impressive about him is his poise and he doesn't mess around, very quick worker who is a strike thrower. Lots of swing and misses with 3 pitches. Very consistent, two no hitters the past few months with one was against one of the top teams in Perfect game tourney.

StarkVegasSteve
07-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Lemonis seemed pretty fired up to get this one. Looks like the kid has a lot of potential. Looks like he could develop into a weekend starter by his sophomore year.