PDA

View Full Version : Jake Gautreau is D1baseball's assistant coach of the year.

MetEdDawg
07-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Very much deserved for sure

https://d1baseball.com/awards/19assistantoygautreau/

BiscuitEater
07-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Yeah, BUT, way better chance he leaves sooner for a HC job. Sure would like him to hang around another year or two.

louisvilledawg
07-09-2019, 08:08 AM
He also got put into the C-USA Hall of Fame yesterday.

Had no idea he was the C-USA player of the decade!

StarkVegasSteve
07-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Yeah, BUT, way better chance he leaves sooner for a HC job. Sure would like him to hang around another year or two.

I think Jake will hang around at least another year and probably another two. He's at the point now where he's got a great gig and is probably waiting for a big time P5 job to open up. And he may just keep being an assistant for a couple of more years and decide he wants to go back and work for the Boras Corporation.

The Federalist Engineer
07-09-2019, 08:46 AM
The most MSSTATE thing to happen is that he replaces Manieri in Baton Rouge or worse, moves to Gainesville

I am sure that Lafayette has at least called him

Randolph Dupree
07-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Remember this about Jake, he has a medical condition that is aggravated with stress. He also is very much enjoying Starkville. As long as we can keep him paid well, he might just stick around. However, if he does decide to become a head coach, I think he will wait for a big job to open.

Hambone
07-09-2019, 09:16 AM
I had no idea about the medical condition. And, if it really is stress related then being a head coach at a big time program doesn’t sound like a good fit

msbulldog
07-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Pay the man!