PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone familiar with Auburn?s campus?

TimberBeast
07-08-2019, 02:12 PM
Going to be up there the rest of the day and wanted to take my daughter around their campus to get a good quick look at things. Can anyone tell me the best place to park to walk around and see union, bookstore, etc? Also is going to Toomers Corner area worth seeing? PM if need be. Thanks for any help.

MetEdDawg
07-08-2019, 02:16 PM
I would park at the new basketball arena. They have summer classes going on and still have some parking pass restrictions on campus. New arena usually doesn't have any parking restrictions. And it's right by the baseball and football stadium too.

If you want to risk it you could park at chick fil a or chipotle or one of the other restaurants right by campus. Those get checked by campus police sometimes so it would be a small risk. But it is a little closer to everything. But the new arena is usually the safer bet.

TimberBeast
07-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Do they have a visitors pass or anything like that to avoid a parking ticket?

MetEdDawg
07-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Do they have a visitors pass or anything like that to avoid a parking ticket?

You could probably get one through campus PD. Whenever I visit a campus I get one because you never know what campus officer is going to make it his mission to write up as many cars as possible that day.

R2Dawg
07-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Agree to park at new arena parking. There is also some parking in front of Beard Eves old basketball arena that is likely available. Right next to Jordan Hare and short walk thru campus to downtown. Toomers corner brisk walk up the hill. You could park for a short time up at some downtown eating joints if you just wanted to walk around there.

Neat campus right in downtown. Auburn is one of my favorite campuses in SEC outside of MSU.

SailingDawg
07-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Call in advance and get a golf cart tour!

viverlibre
07-13-2019, 10:48 AM
We were there Thursday for a campus tour.

State certainly needs to step up their student tour game, Auburn and UGA blow us out of the water. The students who gave the Auburn and UGA tours knew the campus inside and out plus all the traditions, rumors and history. The MSU tour guide knew less than the students/parents on the tour.