PDA

View Full Version : World University Games (USA women win over Japan 89-84)

jdelta02
07-08-2019, 12:31 PM
USA 89
Japan 84

USA advances to the championship game

Rickea Jackson 28 points

TXDawg
07-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Wore them down. Japan was gassed with 5:00 left to play and we were still going strong.

Great win!

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Man, that was a tough game. I missed the first half, but caught the second. Down by 8 at half, cut the lead to 1 on 2-3 possessions but couldn’t get over the hump until about 3 minutes to go. Refs were letting them hack each other to death. Japan took advantage of that, but I didn’t think we did. Of course the smaller Japan team was hard to get ahold of because of their speed.

The experience that this team is getting is invaluable. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be allowed to practice with the coaches right now if we were at home, so the time they are getting right now with so many new faces is going to pay off big time come November. Rickea Jackson is going to be special and end up in the “all-time greats club” of MSU women’s basketball by the time she bids farewell. She is something with the ball in her hands. 28 today and like I said, the refs were letting them play street ball on defense. It was tough as heck trying to drive to the basket and getting inside. Now on to the gold medal game.

Let’s bring the gold home girls!!!

DancingRabbit
07-08-2019, 01:01 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/52597536/world-domination.jpg

Dawg2003
07-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Really impressed with the freshmen and JUCO transfer Morris. Myah Taylor looked solid too.

shannondawg
07-08-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm surprised that Bibby didn't make they trip. Even though it too early in her rehab to play, but you would think she has earned the trip.

There's enough money wasted over there that they should be able to have come up with the money for her.

trob115
07-08-2019, 06:30 PM
I'm surprised that Bibby didn't make they trip. Even though it too early in her rehab to play, but you would think she has earned the trip.

There's enough money wasted over there that they should be able to have come up with the money for her.

She?s Australian, so she wasn?t able to go with our team.

R2Dawg
07-08-2019, 07:01 PM
I am starting to think we may be real good again. The freshmen have stepped up big time and this is without Bibby and P Taylor. We will compete for another Final 4 and SEC title next year. Book it. R.Jackson is for real.

msbulldog
07-08-2019, 07:07 PM

Shannon, how much money is being wasted and how is it being wasted, just curious?

shannondawg
07-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Do you really think an institution the size of MSU doesn't have waste and over staff? We would stand alone if we didn't.

jdelta02
07-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Yemiyah Morris played well again, she continues to impact the game on both ends in Italy. Had 14 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks in 18 minutes against Japan.

Feel good about Morris. Also, Coach Schaefer and his staff have shown really good eyes for talent., and high level ability to coach the players up, overall player development.

tcdog70
07-09-2019, 09:03 AM
when we add Bibby and Taylor, we will be a force once again. Need to beat the Aussies--so Vic can have a World Championship.

Cooterpoot
07-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Do you really think an institution the size of MSU doesn't have waste and over staff? We would stand alone if we didn't.

Just stop. Damn

shannondawg
07-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Just stop. Damn

Ok!