PDA

View Full Version : I?m surrounded by a sea of maroon

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 08:17 AM
On campus for orientation.
I?m now the proud owner of an MSU T-shirt

Dawgtini
07-08-2019, 09:30 AM
Good times. Did it a couple of weeks ago with one of mine.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2019, 09:56 AM
5 years ago with us. Fun stuff.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Good times. Did it a couple of weeks ago with one of mine.

I’m wheeling my son around with a broken leg. About to have lunch and then load up on some 75% off gear at the bookstore. So heads up to you peeps needing more swag

Dawgbite
07-08-2019, 12:32 PM
The Lodge has better sales.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 01:27 PM
The Lodge has better sales.

Where is the lodge and what time does it close?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Side note: As I was wheeling my son down Lee hall I met up with this dude named Mark Keenum. I asked if he knew any Kenums in Southaven and he said no I guess not but I do know a few in Corinth. Then we shook hands and went on our way. About 20 minutes later he walked up on the stage and introduced himself.
I felt a little foolish. Not that that’s a new feeling but still...

Dawgbite
07-08-2019, 02:09 PM
The Lodge is on 12 next door to Harveys. No idea what time they close.

MaroonFlounder
07-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Side note: As I was wheeling my son down Lee hall I met up with this dude named Mark Keenum. I asked if he knew any Kenums in Southaven and he said no I guess not but I do know a few in Corinth. Then we shook hands and went on our way. About 20 minutes later he walked up on the stage and introduced himself.
I felt a little foolish. Not that that’s a new feeling but still...

You didn't know he was the President of the University?

R2Dawg
07-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Went back in June with my daughter; exciting times. MK is a good guy and a great school president.

Go get you some MSU ice cream and cheese and a cowbell and you are closer to becoming a Dawg.

Lord McBuckethead
07-08-2019, 07:34 PM

Bigger rebel than dawg I guess.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-08-2019, 08:07 PM

That’s alright...he’ll be a bigger dawg than reb before it’s all said and done with...

timotheus
07-08-2019, 08:21 PM
but did he wear his ole miss hat that he wore to the dude for the msu games? burning questions

Harrydawg
07-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Congrats - fun, fun. I have had 2 boys go to MSU and one was an Orientation Leader. The great Jimmy Abraham back in the late 80’s or so brought recruiting and retention to a whole new level! Awesome group of young people doing real work.

Harrydawg
07-08-2019, 08:39 PM
And Mark Keenum is not so shallow that he has to tell you who he is or what he does.....he is actually more concerned with who you are...
That’s what you call the real deal

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:29 PM

No I didn’t.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Went back in June with my daughter; exciting times. MK is a good guy and a great school president.

Go get you some MSU ice cream and cheese and a cowbell and you are closer to becoming a Dawg.
I had some ice cream and bought some cheese but I draw the line at the cowbell.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Absolutely. I have to admit that it’s tough pulling for state but I’m making it happen so far. It was pretty exciting getting to see my son down there today. He was having a blast.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Congrats - fun, fun. I have had 2 boys go to MSU and one was an Orientation Leader. The great Jimmy Abraham back in the late 80’s or so brought recruiting and retention to a whole new level! Awesome group of young people doing real work.
Thanks! Yeah it was a fun trip.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:38 PM
but did he wear his ole miss hat that he wore to the dude for the msu games? burning questions

Yes and got some free season tix to the dude.
Nah man I thought that would be a little disrespectful at orientation.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:42 PM
And Mark Keenum is not so shallow that he has to tell you who he is or what he does.....he is actually more concerned with who you are...
That’s what you call the real deal

I told my wife the story about meeting him and that’s exactly what she said about him. He’s a pretty cool guy. Calls you by your name while he’s talking to you and always looks you in the eye. He seems like he’s genuinely interested in you.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-08-2019, 10:50 PM
That’s alright...he’ll be a bigger dawg than reb before it’s all said and done with...

Not a chance my man. That is however what my best friend says. We always jaw on each other about OM and State. A couple of years ago when his son was learning how to write I gave him some red and blue chalk and had him write out OM rules and go Rebs and video’d it then sent it to his dad. When he found out my son was going to State he bought him a cowbell. :mad:

Jtdawg
07-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Hey, if you ever need help with orientation, I might know who you call talk with. Just let me know.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Hey, if you ever need help with orientation, I might know who you call talk with. Just let me know.

Thanks! I appreciate the offer.

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2019, 11:30 PM
By his sophomore year you'll be doing the dawg pound rock in the football stadium and screaming GTHOM as soon as the national anthem is over.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
07-10-2019, 10:19 AM
By his sophomore year you'll be doing the dawg pound rock in the football stadium and screaming GTHOM as soon as the national anthem is over.

You might be right because over on rebelgrove I’m already a dawg troll according to one poster. I have been a member since 2003! Working the long troll over there lol! Others 17 with me but to my knowledge it is all good natured.
I figured I would catch a little hell over there but mostly everyone is supportive.

msbulldog
07-10-2019, 12:28 PM
C'mon over to the side of light brother, shun the dark side! Hail State!