PDA

View Full Version : OT - Sad accident involving one of Starkville's on.........

West Tn Dawg
07-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Crash (https://www.wcbi.com/one-person-injured-plane-crashes-ole-miss-golf-course/?fbclid=IwAR1p06HCqIOmJABh_hlTl_rAF8Di6q2Qy8WlwDwC r-2f35tGfU1Vobl_0Zw)

Hambone
07-06-2019, 10:17 PM
I live not 1 1/2 miles from where she crashed. Had no idea what was going with all of the emergency vehicles that I heard today.

Coach007
07-06-2019, 10:19 PM
Not trying to be disrespectful, but can we get a little more on this. WE have zero clue as to what you are talking about.

HOWEVER... prayers going up!

msstatelp1
07-06-2019, 10:23 PM
This is from the Starkville Daily News:

A well-known Starkville teenager and incoming University of Southern Mississippi student died Saturday from injuries sustained in a plane crash on the Ole Miss golf course in Oxford earlier in the day.

Lake Little

Starkville Mayor Lynn Spruill confirmed to the Starkville Daily News that Lake Little, 18, died sometime Saturday after being transported to a hospital in Memphis.

She is the daughter of Ward 3 Alderman David Little and his wife Pattie Little.

University of Mississippi spokesperson Rod Guajardo said in a statement that a single-engine plane affiliated with Civil Air Patrol was performing ?touch and go? takeoffs and landings when it crashed Saturday around 3:15 p.m. near the 17th tee box at the Ole Miss Golf Course.

He then said the only person on board the small plane was a female pilot who suffered ?serious burns? in the crash.

While officials did not identify Little by name, they said the victim of the plane crash was airlifted to a Memphis-area trauma center.

?No one on the ground was injured,? he said. ?The National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration have been contacted and will investigate the scene of the crash. We will provide further updates as they become available.?

Little was a 2019 graduate of Starkville Academy and appeared many times in the Starkville Daily News for her numerous academic and civic accomplishments, as well as competition in pageants.

Starkville Miss Hospitality Director Angella Baker said Little was Starkville?s representative for the Miss Hospitality pageant and was scheduled to compete in the statewide competition at the end of July.

Baker said Little was also actively involved in Distinguished Young Woman (DYW) of Starkville.

BuckyIsAB****
07-06-2019, 11:21 PM
Tragic. Prayers to the family and friends. I cant even imagine

DownwardDawg
07-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Very tragic. Just horrible. I will certainly be praying for her family.

BeastMan
07-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Terrible. Prayers for the family. Y’all forgive me for asking such a question but she was flying an airplane? How normal is that for teenagers? I’m totally ignorant to how piloting works.

JNC23
07-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Terrible. Prayers for the family. Y?all forgive me for asking such a question but she was flying an airplane? How normal is that for teenagers? I?m totally ignorant to how piloting works.

She was pursuing her pilot's license, and I believe one of the steps in the process is to complete a number of solo flights to earn the certification. Absolutely tragic accident to such a great girl and great family. They need our prayers.

msbulldog
07-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Very sad, Prayers coming.

Homedawg
07-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Truly tragic. Sweet girl and good family. Hard to fathom.

West Tn Dawg
07-07-2019, 07:16 PM
Not trying to be disrespectful, but can we get a little more on this. WE have zero clue as to what you are talking about.

HOWEVER... prayers going up!

Click the link.