PDA

View Full Version : Is it petty of me to be upset about the CL headline for our recruiting flip?

Jarius
07-06-2019, 07:42 AM
Ole Miss has had 3 different players commit in recent days and the headlines read "4-star WR from Alabama chooses Ole Miss football", "4-star QB commits to Ole Miss", and "4-star CB commits to Ole Miss football".

Compare that to yesterday's headline of "No. 1 2020 juco prospect flips pledge from Vols to fellow SEC school". I may be reading too much into that but it just seems like something done intentionally and a slap in the face. Maybe my fandom has clouded my judgement.

BeastMan
07-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Your first problem is reading the CL

99jc
07-06-2019, 08:31 AM

You get more accurate sports updates looking at this sight than that garbage rebel rag paper.

Jarius
07-06-2019, 08:39 AM

I didn't read the article. I just looked at the headlines. No idea what the article says.

TrapGame
07-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Nobody reads the CL anymore. That's why most of it's content comes from Nashville. The influence of the CL is looooooong gone.

confucius say
07-06-2019, 09:26 AM
It's a def alight, whether intentional or not. This is what happens when you don't have local people who are tied in to the scene doing headlines.
"No. 1 juco prospect and 4 star DE commits to MSU." It ain't hard.

Dolphus Raymond
07-06-2019, 09:32 AM
No, it is not petty. I had gone to the CL page and that stood out like a “turd in a punch bowl “.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-06-2019, 10:21 AM
I didn't read the article. I just looked at the headlines. No idea what the article says.

Didn't matter, the CL probably redacted MSU throughout the article. **

gravedigger
07-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Ole Miss has had 3 different players commit in recent days and the headlines read "4-star WR from Alabama chooses Ole Miss football", "4-star QB commits to Ole Miss", and "4-star CB commits to Ole Miss football".

Compare that to yesterday's headline of "No. 1 2020 juco prospect flips pledge from Vols to fellow SEC school". I may be reading too much into that but it just seems like something done intentionally and a slap in the face. Maybe my fandom has clouded my judgement.

I forget that paper exists until someone complains about a headline.

99jc
07-06-2019, 10:53 AM
If you look a little closer that article was taken directly out of a Tenn newspaper. Its wasnt written by the CL staff. They just a bunch of Lazy 17ers who grab articles from other papers.

MagicDawg
07-06-2019, 11:00 AM
The headline makes sense for a TN paper. It makes no sense for a MS paper. But even if they had the sense to give that some thought, they would still find a way to diminish the Mississippi State part of it. My parents finally -- finally! -- cancelled their subscription. My mom had subscribed since the early 60s, and had dropped it several years ago until they offered her a sweet deal to come back. She took it, then a while later they raised the rates again -- she gone!

In short: The CL staff rarely thinks, and if they are empowered to do so, they insult or minimize Mississippi State.
Bottom line: Screw 'em.

Dawghouse
07-06-2019, 11:02 AM

If it's an online article it makes sense. Not announcing which school means any SEC school that sees the headline is going to click hoping it's them.

If it's print, then it's just plain stupid.

The CL is still trash but that headline was to get more clicks.

BeardoMSU
07-06-2019, 11:12 AM
"Print is dead" - Egon Spangler

Leeshouldveflanked
07-06-2019, 12:56 PM
No one reads the CL except old white guys with Low T....

defiantdog
07-06-2019, 01:23 PM
The CL died when they started forcing furloughs in the early 2000s, including legends like Marshall Ramsey. Poor decisions and a lack to get with the times have sent them to the stone age.

TrapGame
07-06-2019, 07:08 PM
No one reads the CL except old white guys with Low T....

… wearing powder blue shirts.