PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cerantola with a strong outing

Todd4State
07-04-2019, 10:41 PM
He went 5 IP with 9 K's and only 1 BB. Allowed 2 runs on 2 hits. I also expect him to continue to improve and if he does we have an outstanding chance to make it to Omaha again.

MetEdDawg
07-04-2019, 10:58 PM
If we have him, Ginn, and MacLeod as our weekend guys pitching like we expect, we are gonna be hell to deal with.

Add in the offensive fire power we will still have and it makes for another chance at Omaha.

preachermatt83
07-04-2019, 11:59 PM
Losing a generational player like Jake Mangum can’t be overlooked however.

DownwardDawg
07-05-2019, 01:16 AM
We’ll be in Omaha 3 years in a row!!

cujo
07-05-2019, 06:58 AM
If we have him, Ginn, and MacLeod as our weekend guys pitching like we expect, we are gonna be hell to deal with.

Add in the offensive fire power we will still have and it makes for another chance at Omaha.

No idea who the other starter would be. Brandon Smith?

Todd4State
07-05-2019, 07:35 AM
No idea who the other starter would be. Brandon Smith?

Third base is probably going to be Landon Jordan who is off to a good start this summer at the plate. Ginn is more valuable to us as the Friday night starter in my opinion.

KB21
07-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Third base is probably going to be Landon Jordan who is off to a good start this summer at the plate. Ginn is more valuable to us as the Friday night starter in my opinion.

He's got to really make a jump defensively. He would have gotten the job this year, but they never had the confidence that he could defend the position.

HoopsDawg
07-05-2019, 09:54 AM
He's got to really make a jump defensively. He would have gotten the job this year, but they never had the confidence that he could defend the position.

he has the arm to do it. Just needs reps, reps, and more reps.

Tbonewannabe
07-05-2019, 10:02 AM
he has the arm to do it. Just needs reps, reps, and more reps.

Hopefully, he goes and works with Roger Dorn. He was a great 3B after a minute or so of a montage of fielding balls and getting an ice bath.

Todd4State
07-05-2019, 12:30 PM

He does but unless Kamren James can hit as a freshman Jordan is our best option as of pre fall baseball.

Bdaski
07-05-2019, 01:54 PM

J.T. has got to improve his holding runners on base. He was exploited in several games by base runners stealing on him. He puts a lot of pressure on the catcher as far as trying to throw out a player stealing second.

cujo
07-05-2019, 05:45 PM
J.T. has got to improve his holding runners on base. He was exploited in several games by base runners stealing on him. He puts a lot of pressure on the catcher as far as trying to throw out a player stealing second.

Just saying what I wish!

Ezsoil
07-05-2019, 07:41 PM

Well he sure looked great against Louisville The top stolen base team among power 5 teams.

Harrydawg
07-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Steve mentioned that JT was 75% during the CWS.....if so, that’s crazy