PDA

View Full Version : Team USA 26 Man Roster

It_Could_Happen
07-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Figured I would pass along because I hadn?t seen it posted yet. Team USA 26 man roster was released tonight and Tanner Allen and Justin Foscue made the initial cut. Will be cut to 24 for the series in Japan. Lots of SEC Talent on the 26 man.

louisvilledawg
07-02-2019, 08:34 AM
1. Sucks that Westburg didn't make it. I think he's one of the best pure athletes we've had in a long time at state.
2. Wonder why they have a cut to 26, but then cut it to 24? IMO they should just cut it to 24 from the jump.

Scared_Hitless
07-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Westburg is an athlete still learning to play baseball. He is very raw and they figured him out at the plate in SEC play. Get back for the fall and keep working his talent will prevail.

He has raw power and elite speed just gotta sure up his defense and get his K rate to a manageable level.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Westburg is an athlete still learning to play baseball. He is very raw and they figured him out at the plate in SEC play. Get back for the fall and keep working his talent will prevail.

He has raw power and elite speed just gotta sure up his defense and get his K rate to a manageable level.

He has some stiffness in his actions that prevent him from being able to really refine himself. He's a good player though. I bet he goes in the back of the first round or comp round this year.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Casey Martin from Arkansas not making this team is a ridiculous. Completely baffling

AlSwearengen
07-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Just watching him play, it looks Westy’s biggest problem is pitch recognition. It almost became a pattern with him chasing a slider out of the zone and then watching a fastball down the pipe.

It goes without saying, if he gets that figured out, he will be a star.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Just watching him play, it looks Westy’s biggest problem is pitch recognition. It almost became a pattern with him chasing a slider out of the zone and then watching a fastball down the pipe.

It goes without saying, if he gets that figured out, he will be a star.

I think he's a 3B version of Randall Grichuk.

WPS
07-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Casey Martin from Arkansas not making this team is a ridiculous. Completely baffling

He really struggled toward the end of the year. Ended up only hitting .286 and led the SEC in errors. He has all-american potential but hasn't been able to hit a breaking ball to save his life for a while.

Homedawg
07-02-2019, 08:46 PM

? He had a bad year and they played him in the of at tryouts. I get it he's a good prospect, but they are there to win games. Period.

maroonmania
07-02-2019, 09:05 PM

Westburg is a dangerous hitter WHEN he makes contact. Just doesn't always make a lot of contact.

Todd4State
07-02-2019, 10:25 PM
He needs to work on his launch angle. How many times did he have the hardest hit ball this year but only six home runs?

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:51 PM
He really struggled toward the end of the year. Ended up only hitting .286 and led the SEC in errors. He has all-american potential but hasn't been able to hit a breaking ball to save his life for a while.

I hear you, but he's going in the top half of the 1st round next year. Just amazing they couldn't find a place on the team for that type of prospect

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:53 PM
? He had a bad year and they played him in the of at tryouts. I get it he's a good prospect, but they are there to win games. Period.

He's a SS that hit .286 with 15 HRs, 57 RBI, 12 SBs, & 21 doubles.

Bad year? That's close to being the best player in the country.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:55 PM
He needs to work on his launch angle. How many times did he have the hardest hit ball this year but only six home runs?

This launch angle craze is going to ruin an entire generation of hitters.

It's about where you make contact, not the angle of your swing. Watch Christian Yelich