PDA

View Full Version : No Quay at Dawg Walk

BeastMan
10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
per a text I just got. No shocker since word is that he is suspended for this game.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Good grief how long is the leash. I bet EMCC has a DL willing to take Evans's spot.

BeastMan
10-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Good grief how long is the leash. I bet EMCC has a DL willing to take Evans's spot.

I'm leaning to the other end of the spectrum. Turner needs to play him if he wants to ride him. Are we giving out citizenship awards or trying to win football games?

paco
10-24-2013, 05:00 PM
It has nothing to do with citizenship. It has everything to do with coachability. Would you put up with a WR that didn't know his routes? Would you accept a QB that didn't want to learn the playbook? If Quay is allowed to play then the message sent to the other 84 is that no one has to listen to the coach attempting to teach their position.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
He'd probably get 4 sacks and two forced fumbles. Then the coaches are ****ed because there's no way the fans will tolerate Evans on the bench anymore.

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM
per a text I just got. No shocker since word is that he is suspended for this game.

Suspended players show up at other games for other teams - this is disappointing.

BeastMan
10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
It has nothing to do with citizenship. It has everything to do with coachability. Would you put up with a WR that didn't know his routes? Would you accept a QB that didn't want to learn the playbook? If Quay is allowed to play then the message sent to the other 84 is that no one has to listen to the coach attempting to teach their position.

I understand its not cut and dry. The 1 thing I do know is that MSU's DT production minus Chris Jones has been pathetic. PJ and Kaleb can be coachable as hell and not make plays.

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2013, 05:15 PM
I understand its not cut and dry. The 1 thing I do know is that MSU's DT production minus Chris Jones has been pathetic. PJ and Kaleb can be coachable as hell and not make plays.

Chris Jones' play has made the other defensive players' lack of ability that much more evident. Watching Jones next to Kaleb and the rest of the DL is just two different levels of ability.

One is NFL ability, the other is marginal SEC ability.

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 05:18 PM
How complicated is the coaching? Just tell the monster to get in there and wreck shit. Who can stop Chris Jones next to Quay Evans? That's an OL worst nightmare.

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 05:24 PM

How much does a DT have to know? Stunts?

Maybe if Turner didn't yell at him all the time, Quay might actually listen and not tune him out.

preachermatt83
10-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Let the kid get in there and cause havoc. I saw an argument in an earlier thread about over complicating things. I completely agree with the idea that sometimes its best just to keep things simple and let your best players play. Put Quay and Chris in the middle and watch them cause havoc! Just like AJ Jefferson at end... It's obvious he is more productive than Autry the limited amount he plays, the coaches argument on why he doesn't play more is that he is still "learning the system"!! Forget that!! Forget the system and put the best player at the position and LET THE BIG DAWG EAT!

preachermatt83
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM

Maybe if Turner didn't yell at him all the time, Quay might actually listen and not tune him out.

exactly!! A good coach knows that every kid reacts differently to different styles. Some kids respond to that screaming and negativity crap but many don't. The good coach knows how to determine which kid responds to which style and apply!

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Let the kid get in there and cause havoc. I saw an argument in an earlier thread about over complicating things. I completely agree with the idea that sometimes its best just to keep things simple and let your best players play. Put Quay and Chris in the middle and watch them cause havoc! Just like AJ Jefferson at end... It's obvious he is more productive than Autry the limited amount he plays, the coaches argument on why he doesn't play more is that he is still "learning the system"!! Forget that!! Forget the system and put the best player at the position and LET THE BIG DAWG EAT!

It's just like Bill Parcells getting upset at Lawrence Taylor for blitzing when he was supposed to drop back into coverage- and LT would get force a fumble and get a TD out of it. Parcells told him- "we don't even have what you're doing in the playbook." And LT responded- "Well, we should probably put it in on Monday because it's a dandy!"

Todd4State
10-24-2013, 06:11 PM
exactly!! A good coach knows that every kid reacts differently to different styles. Some kids respond to that screaming and negativity crap but many don't. The good coach knows how to determine which kid responds to which style and apply!

Well, I think anyone if all you do is yell at them- they just start to tune it out. Even the people that can "take it" you have to moderate it somewhat.

preachermatt83
10-24-2013, 06:14 PM
It's just like Bill Parcells getting upset at Lawrence Taylor for blitzing when he was supposed to drop back into coverage- and LT would get force a fumble and get a TD out of it. Parcells told him- "we don't even have what you're doing in the playbook." And LT responded- "Well, we should probably put it in on Monday because it's a dandy!"

haha!! ain't that the truth!!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-24-2013, 06:59 PM

Yea, I'm going to take Turner's coaching over Quay's attitude any day. Jones gets it. Why can't Quay?

camsu
10-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I can't even believe some are taking Turner to task, one of the best DL coaches in country. period

Dawg61
10-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Yea, I'm going to take Turner's coaching over Quay's attitude any day. Jones gets it. Why can't Quay?

I am. It's obvious he's not playing the best players. Get him out of here and hire one that will play the best players. I don't care about the petty reasons they come up with to justify not playing the better player. Same shit with Russell tonight. Dan is WAY OVERCOMPLICATING things.