PDA

View Full Version : Warriors retiring Durant's number 35. WTF?

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 04:11 PM
I know he brought 2 NBA Championships to the team but it wasn't like he carried a team like Kawhi did the Raptors. He was a hired gun that came onto a NBA Championship team and was there 3 years.

This just seems weird to me.

ZedFedder
07-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Very weird. I think it’s validated IF they hadn’t won before he got there. But they did... multiple championships. Very weird. Maybe it’s some guilt and reparations over his Achilles injury?

Turfdawg67
07-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Weird that you care... maybe he and the GM had an amazing relationship? Maybe he's got pics of the owner with a goat... I personally find it crazy that his new team is paying him $41 million per year, guaranteed. I suppose before I die someone will be making $100M / year?!?!

Irondawg
07-02-2019, 08:28 AM
This is ridiculous - he's not a franchise icon in my mind. If you mention the Warriors I still think of Curry and maybe even Draymond in my head before I get to Durant.

When he goes into the HOF will he ever wear a Warriors jersey?

But hey, it's California

Tbonewannabe
07-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Weird that you care... maybe he and the GM had an amazing relationship? Maybe he's got pics of the owner with a goat... I personally find it crazy that his new team is paying him $41 million per year, guaranteed. I suppose before I die someone will be making $100M / year?!?!

I just found it odd and care enough to make a thread on a message board when there isn't a lot going on.

ZedFedder
07-02-2019, 11:15 AM
I mean it’s a message board to discuss sports...