PDA

View Full Version : For those who complain it cost too much to take family to games...........

99jc
07-01-2019, 03:32 PM
If you go online like vivid tickets here are the kind of deals you can get.

MSU vs Louisiana Superdome $51
Southern Starkville $26
KSU Starkville $6
Kentucky Starkville $21
Auburn Auburn $37
Tenn Knoxville $34
LSU Starkville $49
Texas A&M College Station $38
Alabama Starkville $62
Arkansas Fayetteville $35
Abilene Starkville $6
Ole Miss Starkville $43

You could take a family of 4 to KSU or Abilene games for a total of $24 dollars. pack a cooler with sandwiches/snacks and drinks with gas you probably have less than $100 for the day.

Side note:

What's interesting you could buy season tickets home and away for $407...

Goldendawg
07-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Playing teams like Southern MS and Abilene are a joke now and the lack of interest shows in the available ticket prices and availability. Louisiana at home is another joke and will be an 11 AM KO next year or whenever we play them again. KSU is a weak sister in the Big 12 and will bring virtually no one to DWS. There is al$o a lot more expense to bringing a family of 4 to a college game than just ticket prices. TV, crummy kickoff times, donations to buy season tickets with no tax write offs, and a bad team from the previous year ( example: UM) are hurting attendance nationwide at most schools.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Just left the Vivid site and G - 10 yard line seats are going for $160 and 40 - 50 yard line are going for $350+. Those $51 seats must be high in the endzone and if you have ever been in the Superdome those are not good seats. I don't know about others but if I'm going to take the time and expense of travel to go to a game I damn well better have a good seat. I'm sure not going to mortgage the trailer just to see us play the Ragin Cajuns. I would feel perfectly fine seating on the sofa at home with my favorite brew in hand.

Jack Lambert
07-01-2019, 04:12 PM
i am going to keep buying my tickets. To me I am going and it is easier to already have your seats.

TUSK
07-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Just left the Vivid site and G - 10 yard line seats are going for $160 and 40 - 50 yard line are going for $350+. Those $51 seats must be high in the endzone and if you have ever been in the Superdome those are not good seats. I don't know about others but if I'm going to take the time and expense of travel to go to a game I damn well better have a good seat. I'm sure not going to mortgage the trailer just to see us play the Ragin Cajuns. I would feel perfectly fine seating on the sofa at home with my favorite brew in hand.

I'm with you... check out the ridiculousness that is this shit I stumbled across last week:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/alabama-and-dukes-chick-fil-a-kickoff-classic-matchup-brings-a-400-price-tag/

Covercorner2
07-01-2019, 04:18 PM

Southern Starkville $26
KSU Starkville $6
Kentucky Starkville $21
Auburn Auburn $37
Tenn Knoxville $34
LSU Starkville $49
Alabama Starkville $62
Abilene Starkville $6
Ole Miss Starkville $43

You could take a family of 4 to KSU or Abilene games for a total of $24 dollars. pack a cooler with sandwiches/snacks and drinks with gas you probably have less than $100 for the day.

Side note:

Are these seats worth a damn?

Probably better seats on the couch...

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 05:08 PM
I'm with you... check out the ridiculousness that is this shit I stumbled across last week:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/alabama-and-dukes-chick-fil-a-kickoff-classic-matchup-brings-a-400-price-tag/

So you can either sit in the nose bleeds for $40-100 each or the lower level starts at $400. Or you could buy a brand new TV, beer, and steak, be a lot more comfortable. You could also take a halftime dump and flip to other games when Bama gets up 50 on Duke.

I basically go to games to see my friends. I sometimes get a ticket ahead of time like I did UF last year (17 you Mullen) but mostly just get an extra from someone there.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-01-2019, 05:56 PM
And how much is a hotel room in New Orleans Labor Day Weekend?

BuckyIsAB****
07-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Southern Starkville $26
KSU Starkville $6
Kentucky Starkville $21
Auburn Auburn $37
Tenn Knoxville $34
LSU Starkville $49
Alabama Starkville $62
Abilene Starkville $6
Ole Miss Starkville $43

Side note:

Where are the seats is the more important question

BuckyIsAB****
07-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Playing teams like Southern MS and Abilene are a joke now and the lack of interest shows in the available ticket prices and availability. Louisiana at home is another joke and will be an 11 AM KO next year or whenever we play them again. KSU is a weak sister in the Big 12 and will bring virtually no one to DWS. There is al$o a lot more expense to bringing a family of 4 to a college game than just ticket prices. TV, crummy kickoff times, donations to buy season tickets with no tax write offs, and a bad team from the previous year ( example: UM) are hurting attendance nationwide at most schools.

USM will be better than KSU this year. I do agree though I think FBS teams need to just stop playing FCS schools altogether. Play them in a spring game but thats it. I understand some of those FCS teams need those games for the money but for the consumer its usually a snooze. And some weeks, usually week 1 and the week before rivalry week the schedule is slam packed with FBS vs FCS games

Maroonthirteen
07-01-2019, 06:31 PM
I think tickets should be $20 non conference and $40 for sec games but I digress.

Looks like donations for the east side lower deck are fairly cheap. So I?m going to get 4 season tickets because I will want to be there this season. It?s as good of a home schedule as we have ever had.

Also I recall in 2017, I paid approximately $100 a ticket off of stubhub for LSU, Bama and OM games in the lower east side.

R2Dawg
07-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Cheap seats, cheap food, gas, etc. for 4 and you'll easily spend $300 per game; 4 home games and that is $1200 after tax money.

it ain't cheap and what family is going to pack a cooler with sandwiches? Can't bring cooler in game. We have just hard enough time just getting there some weekends. The other issue now is time demands. Anyone with families, it is a real challenge with time. I am probably going to make 3-4 games this year. Only was able to make 2 last year due to kids activities but I have a freshman there this fall and plan on making a few more but Friday night football and Sat band stuff is gonna push me even so.

99jc
07-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Cheap seats, cheap food, gas, etc. for 4 and you'll easily spend $300 per game; 4 home games and that is $1200 after tax money.

it ain't cheap and what family is going to pack a cooler with sandwiches? Can't bring cooler in game. We have just hard enough time just getting there some weekends. The other issue now is time demands. Anyone with families, it is a real challenge with time. I am probably going to make 3-4 games this year. Only was able to make 2 last year due to kids activities but I have a freshman there this fall and plan on making a few more but Friday night football and Sat band stuff is gonna push me even so.

Not condemning you personally but....
most of the responses sum up many Americans. Lazy ass spoiled 17ers. They want 50 yard line seats and eat at restaurants instead of packing a lunch and enjoying a family day at a game no matter the location of the seats . You all need to live in a 3rd world country like I have and you would be ashamed of your spoiled rotten asses. All I am implying everyone who lives a 5 hour round trip drive can afford to go to a cheap game once a year instead of sitting on their fat rectal orifices in front of a 70" screen every week. You obviously get to the games you can.

BuckyIsAB****
07-01-2019, 10:08 PM
most of the responses sum up many Americans. Lazy ass spoiled 17ers. They want 50 yard line seats and eat at restaurants instead of packing a lunch and enjoying a family day at a game no matter the location of the seats . You all need to live in a 3rd world country like I have and you would be ashamed of your spoiled rotten asses. All I am implying everyone who lives a 5 hour round trip drive can afford to go to a cheap game once a year instead of sitting on their fat rectal orifices in front of a 70" screen every week. You obviously get to the games you can.

I think you are taking it way too seriously bud. I understand wanting the best gameday atmospheres and sell outs, we do well at both.

Fact is this, its a lot easier to sit at home and watch it especially since everything on TV or live streamed now. But winning will fix it all. If you win people will line up at the gate to get in.

Gutter Cobreh
07-01-2019, 10:37 PM

Quite possibly the most asinine post I've seen here in a long time...

Dawg2003
07-01-2019, 10:55 PM

What if I don't care how much it costs because I'd rather sit in my air conditioned house and watch it on TV?

WinningIsRelentless
07-01-2019, 10:59 PM

Does that five hours include the time it takes me to get out of a parking lot?

Jarius
07-01-2019, 11:26 PM
And how much is a hotel room in New Orleans Labor Day Weekend?

Mine was 130 dollars a night on Canal Street.

timotheus
07-02-2019, 06:39 AM

Dam, this 99jc may need to re-evaluate the meds.

confucius say
07-02-2019, 09:03 AM
What if I don't care how much it costs because I'd rather sit in my air conditioned house and watch it on TV?

That's fine. Just make sure you're donating at least $100 to the bulldog club yearly. That's all it takes to be a member.

Liverpooldawg
07-02-2019, 09:13 AM

Park on the fringes and walk.

Mobile Bay
07-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Is anybody predicting that game to be anything but a 75-0 slaughter?

Mobile Bay
07-02-2019, 09:35 AM

Do like I do. Use the shuttle buses. Auburn is about 45 minutes from my house. I park at a shopping center there and ride onto campus. After the game I am usually home in an hour and a half or so.

Tbonewannabe
07-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Park on the fringes and walk.

I just use that time to hang out with my friends that I only see a few times a year.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-02-2019, 10:47 AM
If you go to ULL’s Athletic site they are selling tickets at $25 each lower level endzone and $60 sideline tickets....

sleepy dawg
07-02-2019, 10:54 AM
I like this post... Most of you are missing the point. There are many who say it's just too expensive. He is just showing that it doesn't have to be that expensive if you don't want it to be. If you don't want to go to a game, just say you don't want to go. You don't have to come up with whatever list of excuses you come up with. For the vast majority, if you really wanted to go to a game and get a gameday experience, it's possible, but yes it's going to cost you a little money, more if you want it to or want it to be more of a luxery experience. Plenty could pack lunches or dinner and tailgate. I've done that and had a great time... times with family that I'll never forget. That costs you very little and can be a great experience with your family. It's also going to cost you time. You will also be outside, so it might be hot, cold, or even have a chance at rain.

I hate spending money. I'm about as much of a tight wad as you'll find, but the one thing I spend money on in life is experiences and possible great memories. Great memories aren't something easily obtained in life and I try to collect all I can. My best memories are those out experiencing the world, not another day sitting on the couch. For me going to games provides a great chance at getting that, so I don't mind spending a little cash, and I really don't mind investing the time that would've otherwise just been another day at the house. I've got way too many of those days already.... But if that sh*t's not for you, that's fine too, but there are plenty of reasonable ways to make it happen if you cared at all about making it happen.

Tbonewannabe
07-02-2019, 11:12 AM
I like this post... Most of you are missing the point. There are many who say it's just too expensive. He is just showing that it doesn't have to be that expensive if you don't want it to be. If you don't want to go to a game, just say you don't want to go. You don't have to come up with whatever list of excuses you come up with. For the vast majority, if you really wanted to go to a game and get a gameday experience, it's possible, but yes it's going to cost you a little money, more if you want it to or want it to be more of a luxery experience. Plenty could pack lunches or dinner and tailgate. I've done that and had a great time... times with family that I'll never forget. That costs you very little and can be a great experience with your family. It's also going to cost you time. You will also be outside, so it might be hot, cold, or even have a chance at rain.

I hate spending money. I'm about as much of a tight wad as you'll find, but the one thing I spend money on in life is experiences and possible great memories. Great memories aren't something easily obtained in life and I try to collect all I can. My best memories are those out experiencing the world, not another day sitting on the couch. For me going to games provides a great chance at getting that, so I don't mind spending a little cash, and I really don't mind investing the time that would've otherwise just been another day at the house. I've got way too many of those days already.... But if that sh*t's not for you, that's fine too, but there are plenty of reasonable ways to make it happen if you cared at all about making it happen.

Exactly, I don't go as often as I used to. Moving to Atlanta and either paying for a hotel or driving to Belmont to stay the night probably makes me decide whether I want to attempt it or not. My wife only gets 1 weekend a month so it also depends on if there is something else we need or want to do that month. We go at minimum once a year but with the travel the way it is, we have just decided to not go to the crap games unless that is the only one we can make to see friends.

I used to always go to games no matter what but as I have gotten older sometimes I choose to do other things and dvr the game or just watch it at home. It allows me to go do something else that day instead of the entire weekend being taken up by the game and travel.