PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Video on Zuber

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Boy, this guy is just what the Dr Ordered for us. He's a swiss army knife WR that looks to me like a more sure handed Fred Ross.

I really really hope that him & Stevens can develop some chemistry. If Zuber could become the sure handed target that moves all around the field, I think it could really open up some shots down the field to game winning pass droppers.

From 30K feet, with this video & the tweet on Stevens this morning, I'm beginning to see a path to a special season. I'm not calling for a special season, but I think a narrow path is starting form. It's currently so small that you can only see a little light peaking through, but nonetheless it's there. We have some individual ingredients that, if put together & meshed together perfectly, can make us a team potentially similar to Notre Dame last year or the Michigan State a few years ago that made the playoff. Again, not calling it, but the path is becoming clearer. Just everything has to go right.

As I've said before & will say again, don't underestimate the beauty of our schedule & that 4 game start that should allow us to win while some of the new pieces develop chemistry. We don't really have to "click" until September 28th at Auburn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIohw7ouVW4

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 10:42 AM
I see 8-4 and 9-4 with a bowl win and I’d be very happy with that.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 10:43 AM

I'd be thrilled with that. I think 7-5 regular season.

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 10:45 AM

This isn't another win total thread. This is deeper than that.

Nothing against you, but there is something that really irks me about the win total conversation. To me, the 2018 team was the same team even if Osirus & Guidry catch those two balls & we win 10 games. It's the same team. The weaknesses & strengths are the exactly the same.

I just prefer to talk about the strengths, weaknesses, & possibilities of how good a team can be rather than just the win total. It just rubs me as an extremely shallow, non-informational conversation

Jack Lambert
07-01-2019, 10:49 AM
I wonder if he could have hung on to a 200 mile per hour Fitz pass?***

Seriously what was wrong with hip?

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 10:51 AM
I wonder if he could have hung on to a 200 mile per hour Fitz pass?***

Seriously what was wrong with hip?

Not sure what was wrong with the hip.

I think the 200 mph Fitz pass is the wild card this year. It's possible our WRs get much better when not trying to catch that shit

msstate7
07-01-2019, 11:01 AM

Nothing against you, but there is something that really irks me about the win total conversation. To me, the 2018 team was the same team even if Osirus & Guidry catch those two balls & we win 10 games. It's the same team. The weaknesses & strengths are the exactly the same.

I just prefer to talk about the strengths, weaknesses, & possibilities of how good a team can be rather than just the win total. It just rubs me as an extremely shallow, non-informational conversation

Not sure I follow this... if we are a good team this year that happens to find a way to go 5-7, you'd be happier than if we got lucky a few times and went 8-4?

TrapGame
07-01-2019, 11:05 AM
I'm starting to grow a little wool.

Jarius
07-01-2019, 11:06 AM
I'd be thrilled with that. I think 7-5 regular season.

We were all wondering if you were coming around. It hasn’t been made clear yet.

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Not sure I follow this... if we are a good team this year that happens to find a way to go 5-7, you'd be happier than if we got lucky a few times and went 8-4?

You're better than this post. Use common sense.

If you're going to talk win total, then talk about the ins & outs of how get there.

TrapGame
07-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Shotgun, I think those first 4 games (as you mentioned) are what will define this team. Actual in-game experience to refine and hone the offense and get chemistry. We walk into Jordan-Hare and win that one with solid QB decisions and WRs making some big plays could lead to a really special season.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Shotgun, I think those first 4 games (as you mentioned) are what will define this team. Actual in-game experience to refine and hone the offense and get chemistry. We walk into Jordan-Hare and win that one with solid QB decisions and WRs making some big plays could lead to a really special season.

We walk in Jordan hare and win without a total crap show game by auburn, and I'm buying Moorhead

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2019, 11:20 AM

Stevens and Zuber definitely appear to make 2 question marks move towards "possibilities". So that is a positive step.
As much as I love Fitz, once teams had 2016 on film the book on him was written - lock down our running game and you stand a strong chance of winning. 4 teams did in '17; and 3 teams did in '18 (neither LSU or Iowa locked down our running game). And the fact is to do it, you had to have a damn good defense. Why? Because Fitz was inconsistent passing at best and our WR were suspect. Our WR actually improved statistically last year - but some of that might have just been the fact that they were healthier in '18 than in '17 ( we lost 4-5 WR to injury at points in '17). Add Zuber and his clutch receiving to Mitchells 16 yac and Guidry's 23 yac; and it looks a lot brighter. It's still a "wait and see" on the WR front to me, but that's an improvement.

TrapGame
07-01-2019, 11:24 AM
We walk in Jordan hare and win without a total crap show game by auburn, and I'm buying Moorhead

Well, you never know when Gus is gonna Gus.

MetEdDawg
07-01-2019, 11:31 AM

So you will only buy Moorhead if he wins a road conference game against a Top 20 team that plays well?

Glad to see your expectations aren't unrealistically high.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 11:33 AM
So you will only buy Moorhead if he wins a road conference game against a Top 20 team that plays well?

Glad to see your expectations aren't unrealistically high.

Did I say that was the only way? Nah, didn't think so. I just qualified that as an immediate buy in bc it would be extremely impressive.

NickoeWatersHedges
07-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Zuber is going to be an impact player game one in Nola. Real deal.

MetEdDawg
07-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Did I say that was the only way? Nah, didn't think so. I just qualified that as an immediate buy in bc it would be extremely impressive.

Never said you did. Typically when folks say "if someone does this, then I'll do that" it's an indication of what they are going to do.

But the way you phrased it made it sound like that's what he needed to do to get your buy in and that's a damn tall task.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Never said you did. Typically when folks say "if someone does this, then I'll do that" it's an indication of what they are going to do.

But the way you phrased it made it sound like that's what he needed to do to get your buy in and that's a damn tall task.

I'm actually more hopeful on Moorhead after he went and got zuber, Stevens, and marks; these are good gets with no Mississippi ties. I wanna see him fix the offense against teams with equal talent this year.

chef dixon
07-01-2019, 11:52 AM
I hope they gel. Grad transfers rarely make big impacts. It is at least exciting to look forward to

BiscuitEater
07-01-2019, 11:54 AM
To me, the 2018 team was the same team even if Osirus & Guidry catch those two balls & we win 10 games. It's the same team.

You may understand what your talking about BUT that statement is utter BS. EVERY team that wins 10 games has to ALSO have some luck and players stepping up. EVERY MSU fan looks at Fitz, JoMo, and the entire '18 team in a different light 'IF' we finish 10-3.

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Did ass raping A&M last season get Moorhead any leeway? I don't count the Auburn game since he came up with a good game plan that we never saw again. Kind of like Mullen with the veer and Relf (Fitz would have obliterated the SEC QB rushing record with those plays).

MetEdDawg
07-01-2019, 11:55 AM
I'm actually more hopeful on Moorhead after he went and got zuber, Stevens, and marks; these are good gets with no Mississippi ties. I wanna see him fix the offense against teams with equal talent this year.

I can completely agree with this statement.

Obviously I'm in the pro Moorhead camp. Obviously I didn't like the record last year, but I would have been concerned had we done the exact same thing Mullen did. We brought Moorhead in to not do that because it couldn't get it done consistently against good teams.

Moorhead doing what he's done with transfers tells me he wants to win and is taking steps to do it.

Jarius
07-01-2019, 11:58 AM
You may understand what your talking about BUT that statement is utter BS. EVERY team that wins 10 games has to ALSO have some luck and players stepping up. EVERY MSU fan looks at Fitz, JoMo, and the entire '18 team in a different light 'IF' we finish 10-3.

The point is that the margin between 10-3 and 8-5 was razor thin last year. If some bounces go our way instead of against us this year we can have a better record because the difference in a really good year and a really frustrating year can be about 2 plays.

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 11:59 AM
I can completely agree with this statement.

Obviously I'm in the pro Moorhead camp. Obviously I didn't like the record last year, but I would have been concerned had we done the exact same thing Mullen did. We brought Moorhead in to not do that because it couldn't get it done consistently against good teams.

Moorhead doing what he's done with transfers tells me he wants to win and is taking steps to do it.

Most people only remember the 2017 Bama game where we were actually competitive and seem to forget 2017 UGA and AU or almost every Bama game and most LSU games over the past decade.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Did ass raping A&M last season get Moorhead any leeway? I don't count the Auburn game since he came up with a good game plan that we never saw again. Kind of like Mullen with the veer and Relf (Fitz would have obliterated the SEC QB rushing record with those plays).

The aTm win was a very nice win. I credit the defense mostly though, lowest point and yard total all year for them. Still a nice win

Cooterpoot
07-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Slight improvement on offense if the OL is good. Decline on defense is more that some want to say. Going to be interesting though. Could be some guys step up. Could be some holes.

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 12:03 PM
I hope they gel. Grad transfers rarely make big impacts. It is at least exciting to look forward to

Russell Wilson
Garner Minshew
Joe Burrow
LSU kicker last year

Seriously, I think they have been better than you think.

First off, by virtue of them being SRs & not already in the NFL, they typically aren't your 5 star caliber talents. But beyond that, I think they stand a better chance of making an impact that most high 3 & 4 star players.

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Russell Wilson
Garner Minshew
Joe Burrow
LSU kicker last year

First off, by virtue of them being SRs & not already in the NFL, they typically aren't your 5 star caliber talents. But beyond that, I think they stand a better chance of making an impact that most high 3 & 4 star players.

You forgot the one huge one that turned basically an 8-4 team into a national champion in Cam Newton. I’d say transfers can be pretty huge and make a big impact.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2019, 12:10 PM
The aTm win was a very nice win. I credit the defense mostly though, lowest point and yard total all year for them. Still a nice win

So those 28 points and out gaining them by almost 100 yards don't count?

I know our defense did get 1 big turn over on our own 11, stopping a drive. But then I guess Fitz's 76 yard gallop for a TD after it didn't matter either?

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Slight improvement on offense if the OL is good. Decline on defense is more that some want to say. Going to be interesting though. Could be some guys step up. Could be some holes.

I know most of our fans can be negative by nature but there will be much more then just a slight improvement on offense.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:19 PM
So those 28 points and out gaining them by almost 100 yards don't count?

I know our defense did get 1 big turn over on our own 11, stopping a drive. But then I guess Fitz's 76 yard gallop for a TD after it didn't matter either?

No, fitz is to blame for everything that went wrong in 2018, so how dare you give him credit

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 12:20 PM
You forgot the one huge one that turned basically an 8-4 team into a national champion in Cam Newton. I’d say transfers can be pretty huge and make a big impact.

He said grad transfers, not just transfers. That's why I left Cam off

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 12:22 PM

Yeah, but he might as well of been a grad transfer. Upper classman who was at a program one year.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2019, 12:24 PM
No, fitz is to blame for everything that went wrong in 2018, so how dare you give him credit

Wrong again. Joe is to blame for everything - because all he had to do was RTDF and we beat everyone but Bama!**

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Wrong again. Joe is to blame for everything - because all he had to do was RTDF and we beat everyone but Bama!**

Well Florida and Kentucky anyway.

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but he might as well of been a grad transfer. Upper classman who was at a program one year.

Ok. Not disagreeing, but he's not a grad transfer & that's why I didn't include him

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:31 PM

I'd cross Wilson off bc he started at the previous school; Wilson had no business in school his senior year anyway. I'd like to see the list of ones that didn't start at previous school.

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Well Florida and Kentucky anyway.

Too bad no one told Michigan that last year.

chef dixon
07-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Russell Wilson
Garner Minshew
Joe Burrow
LSU kicker last year

Thats what I mean. That isnt many at all. Also Burrows has 2 years and was honestly not much better than their usual. Not trying to argue about it and I do hope ours turn out well

99jc
07-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Boy, this guy is just what the Dr Ordered for us. He's a swiss army knife WR that looks to me like a more sure handed Fred Ross.

I really really hope that him & Stevens can develop some chemistry. If Zuber could become the sure handed target that moves all around the field, I think it could really open up some shots down the field to game winning pass droppers.

From 30K feet, with this video & the tweet on Stevens this morning, I'm beginning to see a path to a special season. I'm not calling for a special season, but I think a narrow path is starting form. It's currently so small that you can only see a little light peaking through, but nonetheless it's there. We have some individual ingredients that, if put together & meshed together perfectly, can make us a team potentially similar to Notre Dame last year or the Michigan State a few years ago that made the playoff. Again, not calling it, but the path is becoming clearer. Just everything has to go right.

As I've said before & will say again, don't underestimate the beauty of our schedule & that 4 game start that should allow us to win while some of the new pieces develop chemistry. We don't really have to "click" until September 28th at Auburn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIohw7ouVW4

hope he cured his fumbling!

Zuber ranked first in nearly every receiving category last season, including receptions (52), receiving yards (619), touchdown receptions (five) and yards per game (51.6).
But he also struggled on special teams.
After returning a punt for a touchdown in the comeback win over South Dakota in the season opener, Zuber had an uneven showing in the return game the remainder of the fall. He muffed the opening kickoff of the second half against Baylor; the Bears went on to score a touchdown less than a minute later, and ended up losing that contest 37-34. On Nov. 3 at TCU, Zuber couldn?t hang on to a punt following a three-and-out on the game?s opening possession. The Horned Frogs capitalized, scoring a pivotal touchdown in a 14-13 win over the Wildcats.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Zuber ranked first in nearly every receiving category last season, including receptions (52), receiving yards (619), touchdown receptions (five) and yards per game (51.6).
After returning a punt for a touchdown in the comeback win over South Dakota in the season opener, Zuber had an uneven showing in the return game the remainder of the fall. He muffed the opening kickoff of the second half against Baylor; the Bears went on to score a touchdown less than a minute later, and ended up losing that contest 37-34. On Nov. 3 at TCU, Zuber couldn?t hang on to a punt following a three-and-out on the game?s opening possession. The Horned Frogs capitalized, scoring a pivotal touchdown in a 14-13 win over the Wildcats.

Don't be taking my job

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 02:56 PM

I can completely fix that, don't put him on special teams. I am a damn genius.

Goldendawg
07-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Could some of you stat pros break down his catches and ypg in each game in 2018? How do you see his production in the Big 12 vs. SEC opponents? We have usually posted that D in the Big 12 is a joke on this site.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Could some of you stat pros break down his catches and ypg in each game in 2018? How do you see his production in the Big 12 vs. SEC opponents? We have usually posted that D in the Big 12 is a joke on this site.

Here's game log...

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/player/327/1071020/receiving/gamelog.html

He faced 4 top 100 pass defenses last year...
#7 Us: 2 rec 11 yds
#37 tcu: 0 rec 0 yds
#72 Iowa st: 7 rec 65 yds 2 td
#92 Kansas: 2 rec 26 yds
Totals: 11 rec 102 yds 2 td

msu15
07-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Love how he's in the slot in most of these highlights. Like I(and Paul, Matt others) have said, he will be our starter at slot receiver this year.

Goldendawg
07-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Here's game log...

Was afraid of this when I asked, knew he caught two balls against us. Hope he and Stevens come in with a chip on their shoulders to blow up against SEC D's. We need separation and catches against SEC db's. Time will tell. Hail State!

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Here's game log...

KSU has been last in the Big 12 in passing offense for 3 straight seasons. Their passing offense was even worse then ours the past 2 years. That takes some work to be that bad.