Jarius
07-01-2019, 09:34 AM
https://twitter.com/jimnagy_sb/status/1145692191509098496?s=21

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Here we go

msstate7
07-01-2019, 09:42 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/qb-analyst-makes-nfl-comparison-for-nick-fitzgerald-following-manning-passing-academy/

Last year, fitz was compared to jay cutler. I love fitz, but he ain't no cutler. Not sure I've ever seen a QB be critiqued at the manning academy

Jarius
07-01-2019, 09:45 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/qb-analyst-makes-nfl-comparison-for-nick-fitzgerald-following-manning-passing-academy/

Last year, fitz was compared to jay cutler. I love fitz, but he ain't no cutler. Not sure I've ever seen a QB be critiqued at the manning academy

You are such a wet blanket. It’s not the same person making this comparison. This is the executive director of the senior bowl. Can you be optimistic ever? Jesus man. If you are going to be negative in every ****ing thread why do you even want to be here? I don’t get it. We get it. You think we are going to be average and have a retort to everyone that thinks otherwise. Your negative opinion on every single thing on this team has been noted.

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 09:47 AM
You are such a wet blanket. It’s not the same person making this comparison. This is the executive director of the senior bowl. Can you be optimistic eber? Jesus man. If you are going to be negative in every ****ing thread why do you even want to be here? I don’t get if.

Yeah, I think this carries a little more weight.

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 09:48 AM

He had a strong arm like Cutler just didn't have the consistent accuracy which caused a lot of issues on offense.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 09:55 AM
You are such a wet blanket. It’s not the same person making this comparison. This is the executive director of the senior bowl. Can you be optimistic ever? Jesus man. If you are going to be negative in every ****ing thread why do you even want to be here? I don’t get it. We get it. You think we are going to be average and have a retort to everyone that thinks otherwise. Your negative opinion on every single thing on this team has been noted.
I am a skeptic for sure. I just think the praise would mean more if QBs were actually critiqued at the manning academy. Despite my "negative opinion", I feel much better about Stevens after reading this.

Doggie_Style
07-01-2019, 09:59 AM
You are such a wet blanket. It?s not the same person making this comparison. This is the executive director of the senior bowl. Can you be optimistic ever? Jesus man. If you are going to be negative in every ****ing thread why do you even want to be here? I don?t get it. We get it. You think we are going to be average and have a retort to everyone that thinks otherwise. Your negative opinion on every single thing on this team has been noted.

We do need people like myself and 7 who will be critical at times....there just aren't enough knee-pads to go around

msstate7
07-01-2019, 09:59 AM

BTW, I'm not down on every single thing about this team. I love our oline, RBs, LBs, and feel good about the secondary. I am skeptical about the dline (inside), WRs, qb, and our coaches' willingness to use our offensive strength, running game with the RBs

Maroons
07-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I think this carries a little more weight.

Yes, Nagy is a former scout and draft analyst.

99jc
07-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Moorhead signing Stevens tells me that he will be the starter and Mayden and Thompson do not fit his system. They both fit DM system will be surprised if either one is here next season. Its situations like this that the transfer portal is good for. Players who are recruited by a coach for a specific system then he leaves and the new coaches philosophy does not fit their style.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Moorhead signing Stevens tells me that he will be the starter and Mayden and Thompson do not fit his system. They both fit DM system will be surprised if either one is here next season. Its situations like this that the transfer portal is good for. Players who are recruited by a coach for a specific system then he leaves and the new coaches philosophy does not fit their style.

I don't understand putting Mayden in this convo. Mayden fits this offense arguably better than Mullen's. He's just a RS Freshman who's not ready for the keys to the car. He may never start a game at MSU depending on how Shrader progresses but it's not because he doesn't fit Moorhead style.

Jack Lambert
07-01-2019, 10:24 AM

I think you could be wrong. If KT inters the Transfer Portal then you are probably right.

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 10:25 AM

It’s not even that. He is negative about us but praises our rivals without merit. If you are going to be negative be negative. It takes a special kind of asshole to be negative about us but praise our rivals without merit at the same time.

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Yep, and Mullen didn’t correct his situation at Florida as Franks does not fit his system. If Mullen got the right QB from the transfer portal he could be looking at an SEC Championship and playoff appearance possibly. A big difference between the two coaches. I think Moorhead will be successful here.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Yep, and Mullen didn?t correct his situation at Florida as Franks does not fit his system. If Mullen got the right QB from the transfer portal he could be looking at an SEC Championship and playoff appearance possibly. A big difference between the two coaches. I think Moorhead will be successful here.

Mullen has Emory Jones, whom he loves if he chooses to bench franks. I doubt franks is benched though... he was really good down the stretch after mizzou loss

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Mullen has Emory Jones, whom he loves

Franks is Tyler Russell. It wouldn’t surprise me if Jones doesn’t start over Franks.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Franks is Tyler Russell. It wouldn’t surprise me if Jones doesn’t start over Franks.

Maybe, but Florida WRs are much better than Tyler ever had here

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Maybe, but Florida WRs are much better than Tyler ever had here

Meh, Franks does not fit Mullen’s offense. It’s idiotic for Mullen to have not fixed that yet. He’s not a Dual Threat QB.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Meh, Franks does not fit Mullen’s offense. It’s idiotic for Mullen to have not fixed that yet. He’s not a Dual Threat QB.

What was there to fix? They obliterated Michigan with franks, and if franks doesn't work out, they have Jones

Jack Lambert
07-01-2019, 10:42 AM
We do need people like myself and 7 who will be critical at times....there just aren't enough knee-pads to go around

At times? You all are always negative and the reason is you don't like Moorhead.

Jarius
07-01-2019, 11:01 AM

I am critical at times. He is critical all the time. He harps on the negative in every single thread. Not some threads. Every single one. Ever. It gets old.

This is a thread about the sr bowl director praising our qb and he just had to shit on it.

DancingRabbit
07-01-2019, 11:16 AM
I am critical at times. He is critical all the time. He harps on the negative in every single thread. Not some threads. Every single one. Ever. It gets old.

This is a thread about the sr bowl director praising our qb and he just had to shit on it.

7 is touchy cause Joe called him out today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-ZmGHyXYAMjuv-.jpg

msstate7
07-01-2019, 11:19 AM
7 is touchy cause Joe called him out today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-ZmGHyXYAMjuv-.jpg

Nice, I'm in jarius' and joe's head haha

BiscuitEater
07-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Couple of points. You apparently missed the part where Nagy said .. Biggest surprise of Manning Passing Academy was Mississipi State QB Tommy Stevens. Scouts talk about how guys ?spin it? and Stevens spun it as well as anyone at the camp. We knew he was big and athletic but he has a live arm. @HailStateFB fans should be excited about this kid!

Where did Nagy say that about the other ~8 SEC QBs in attendance? Oh, he didn't.

Also, you apparently ALSO missed this point in the article on Fitz .. "Now, it?s up to Fitzgerald to prove he?s developed as a passer on the field this fall."

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Couple of points. You apparently missed the part where Nagy said .. Biggest surprise of Manning Passing Academy was Mississipi State QB Tommy Stevens. Scouts talk about how guys ?spin it? and Stevens spun it as well as anyone at the camp. We knew he was big and athletic but he has a live arm. @HailStateFB fans should be excited about this kid!

Where did Nagy say that about the other ~8 SEC QBs in attendance? Oh, he didn't.

Also, you apparently ALSO missed this point in the article on Fitz .. "Now, it?s up to Fitzgerald to prove he?s developed as a passer on the field this fall."

Is it fair to wait and see Stevens prove it on the field this fall too? Maybe not

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Is it fair to wait and see Stevens prove it on the field this fall too? Maybe not

Yes that is fair but wasn't your point that you thought he was tweeting all positives about the QBs at the camp and wasn't talking about their negatives? Well this is the person over the Senior Bowl and his only tweet about the Manning Camp was Tommy Stevens looking as good as the rest of the QBs at the camp. Those QBs are typically the guys up for the Heisman and other awards so that is pretty big praise from someone who has no connection to MSU and actually knows what he is talking about.

I know your schtick is to piss on everything Moorhead but maybe just take this guy's tweet at face value.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Yes that is fair but wasn't your point that you thought he was tweeting all positives about the QBs at the camp and wasn't talking about their negatives? Well this is the person over the Senior Bowl and his only tweet about the Manning Camp was Tommy Stevens looking as good as the rest of the QBs at the camp. Those QBs are typically the guys up for the Heisman and other awards so that is pretty big praise from someone who has no connection to MSU and actually knows what he is talking about.

I know your schtick is to piss on everything Moorhead but maybe just take this guy's tweet at face value.

That's a fair point, but I just take everything about the manning academy with a grain of salt. Bentley was the mvp... do you think he'll be the best qb in the country this year?

Todd4State
07-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Both Fitz and Cutler have no clue how to run an offense. Seems to fit to me.

yjnkdawg
07-01-2019, 12:33 PM

This isn't the first thread to get hijacked (especially if the hijack is to criticize JoeMo) and sadly to say it won't be the last. I agree. It does get old very quickly.

Tbonewannabe
07-01-2019, 12:37 PM
That's a fair point, but I just take everything about the manning academy with a grain of salt. Bentley was the mvp... do you think he'll be the best qb in the country this year?

Depends on if he puts together consistently what he did against Clemson. When is the last time a QB against that level of Clemson defense threw for over 500 yards and 5 TDs? Or he just had a great camp when everything was working right but it isn't like the guy is some bum off the street that has never had any success.

yjnkdawg
07-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Take a poll and see how many agree with you on the need. If you change "at times" to "pretty much all the time" then I think you would be a lot more accurate.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Take a poll and see how many agree with you on the need. If you change "at times" to "pretty much all the time" then I think you would be a lot more accurate.

^^^ wants an echo chamber of rainbow and unicorns

I disagree with a lot of posters here but I've never wanted to silence them bc they pump sunshine too much. I love differing opinions, and hope this board never gets to the point where only the rosy of views is accepted.

Jarius
07-01-2019, 12:51 PM

I disagree with a lot of posters here but I've never wanted to silence them bc they pump sunshine too much. I love differing opinions, and hope this board never gets to the point where only the rosy of views is accepted.

I don’t want the rosey only views either. I just don’t understand the need to shit on everything about our football team. If it was the Croom years I would be bitching about every single thing on here but it’s not. We aren’t elite but we have a chance to have a pretty good team. You don’t have to be negative on every single thread. That is as unrealistic as people that are positive in every single thread. I hate our basketball team and they went to the tournament this year. I am glad Lamar Peters will never play for us again. I don’t have to get on here and tell everyone that Ben howland underachieved and Lamar Peters is a selfish asshole every day.

99jc
07-01-2019, 12:55 PM

Let Moorhead 17 up with the offense again this season and I guarantee you wont have many if any sunshine pumpers left. I'm ready to support him this year full blown but if there is not significant offensive improvement or worse yet a regression I will personally buy his one-way ticket back to Happy Valley.

msstate7
07-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Let Moorhead 17 up with the offense again this season and I guarantee you wont have many if any sunshine pumpers left. I'm ready to support him this year full blown but if there is not significant offensive improvement or worse yet a regression I will personally buy his one-way ticket back to Happy Valley.

I hope I have someone bumping my criticism of Moorhead after every game this fall. Nothing would make me happier than Moorhead making a fool of me. I wanna be wrong more than anything

99jc
07-01-2019, 01:02 PM
I hope I have someone bumping my criticism of Moorhead after every game this fall. Nothing would make me happier than Moorhead making a fool of me. I wanna be wrong more than anything
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree I want to be wrong also.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-01-2019, 01:07 PM
You are such a wet blanket. It?s not the same person making this comparison. This is the executive director of the senior bowl. Can you be optimistic ever? Jesus man. If you are going to be negative in every ****ing thread why do you even want to be here? I don?t get it. We get it. You think we are going to be average and have a retort to everyone that thinks otherwise. Your negative opinion on every single thing on this team has been noted.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cYeTawXmSKVOaHU5XB/giphy.gif

BuckyIsAB****
07-01-2019, 06:10 PM
I think Mayden will be better than Shrader in the long run. He was from what I got to see this spring. Again, before any of you jump my ass bc I know Shrader is supposed to be our Shea Patterson to some of you, this is my opinion.

Turfdawg67
07-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Pass. Not interested in yours and MS7's circle-jerk pity-party of all things MSU.

R2Dawg
07-01-2019, 07:14 PM

Well if you are not just a little bit excited about that then you are just looking for the bad. Yes he still has to do it this fall but we are talking about potential at this point on most everyone but Stevens just got some positive review by some QB experts so there is lot to be excited about. Fitz well, they didn't factor in learning a new O, new coach, suspension for easy first game and Joe forcing his O confusing the whole O team. Will be a different result this year I believe.

MarketingBully
07-01-2019, 07:14 PM

Don’t care about you being negative. Your sunshine pumping of other SEC teams that imo don’t necessarily deserve it plus the negativity gets old though. If you’re going to be negative be negative.

BuckyIsAB****
07-01-2019, 10:09 PM

I want the truth too but I do think you act like we are the only team in the conference who has problems, sometimes.

DancingRabbit
07-01-2019, 10:48 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/55315501/i-concern-troll-because-i-care.jpg

bulldawg28
07-02-2019, 05:07 AM
Both Fitz and Cutler have no clue how to run an offense. Seems to fit to me.

The senior year Fitz fits perfectly with the comparison. Both players can go from lights out to ice cold with no apparent reason other than a mental block.

Todd4State
07-02-2019, 10:35 AM

You're doing a good job of the fool part. Let's buy Archie Manning's assessment of Matt Corral but a scouting director's positive assessment of Stevens is way off? LOL.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 10:36 AM
You're doing a good job of the fool part. Let's buy Archie Manning's assessment of Matt Corral but a scouting director's positive assessment of Stevens is way off? LOL.

It's amazing to me how little people seem to consider the quality of the source

msstate7
07-02-2019, 10:43 AM

I didn't buy anything from Archie. Corral came in against us last year in a very tough situation, and he went 5/8 65 yds 1 int. While the stats weren't that impressive, they weren't awful either considering he was facing a damn good defense and was behind. He had a live arm and looked pretty athletic. I could see some talent.

ETA... to put in to perspective how little we know about Stevens' passing, those 8 passes vs us by corral are more passes in 1 game than Stevens has attempted in any game in his career. He's only attempted 7 in 2 games

Jack Lambert
07-02-2019, 11:15 AM
I didn't buy anything from Archie. Corral came in against us last year in a very tough situation, and he went 5/8 65 yds 1 int. While the stats weren't that impressive, they weren't awful either considering he was facing a damn good defense and was behind. He had a live arm and looked pretty athletic. I could see some talent.

ETA... to put in to perspective how little we know about Stevens' passing, those 8 passes vs us by corral are more passes in 1 game than Stevens has attempted in any game in his career. He's only attempted 7 in 2 games

What is the running to passing ratio at Penn State and at Ole Miss?

msstate7
07-02-2019, 11:22 AM
What is the running to passing ratio at Penn State and at Ole Miss?

OM was basically 50/50 last year (441 pass/419 rush). Penn st was run heavy (379 pass/521 rush). Penn state was basically 50/50 in 2017, and they were run heavy in 2016.

Prediction? Pain.
07-02-2019, 02:49 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere (I didn't see it in this or the other 19 Tommy Stevens threads we have going on right now), but here are some slightly extended comments from Nagy on Stevens, which came from a radio show the dude did yesterday (https://www.al.com/sec/2019/07/senior-bowls-jim-nagy-shares-which-qb-stood-out-most-at-manning-passing-academy.html) (can't find audio; don't think it was archived):

"The guy that really popped out was Tommy Stevens, the transfer from Penn State," Nagy said. "I had forgotten he had landed at Mississippi State.

"The first round of drills I thought the Mississippi State kid was throwing it the best, and I looked over at (QB Country's) David Morris and I was like 'Who is the Mississippi State kid?' And he goes, 'that's the transfer from Penn State.' I go, 'Wow, Mississippi State fans should be excited. That kid can really throw the ball. He's big. In talking to him, he has a lot of presence about him. I think Mississippi State got themselves a real quarterback . . . ."

"After watching him throw, I can't believe (Penn State coach James) Franklin let him out the door in Happy Valley. That's crazy to me. The kid's talented."

Cool. Works for me.

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere (I didn't see it in this or the other 19 Tommy Stevens threads we have going on right now), but here are some slightly extended comments from Nagy on Stevens, which came from a radio show the dude did yesterday (https://www.al.com/sec/2019/07/senior-bowls-jim-nagy-shares-which-qb-stood-out-most-at-manning-passing-academy.html) (can't find audio; don't think it was archived):

Cool. Works for me.

Don't tease me like this. Don't tease me like this. Don't tease me like this...