PDA

View Full Version : Tell a funny dog story

BeastMan
10-24-2013, 04:43 PM
I used to live in north Jackson (off northside dr) and had an australian cattle dog. He was wild as hell and had way too much energy. I used to let him out of the back yard late at night and let him roam the neighborhood and he would always be on the porch when I woke up. One morning he brought me a gift. He brought me 1 brand new Air Jordan with a tag on it that said $169.99. I'm assuming someone left it on a porch and he stole it. I bet somebody was pissed.

Next one not quite as funny but my brother has an all light brown miniature pinscher that is a cool little guy. He'd go on kayaking trips, fishing trips, everywhere... One trip to Cat Island he decided to do something he has never done, jump off the boat for a swim. Everyone began to freak out because a 7 lb dog could easily be shark bait. He heard us yelling at him to came back and just swam back and laid down in the little cabinet on the front of the boat like a boss.

State82
10-24-2013, 08:52 PM
My best retriever, half Lab half Golden, was a duck retrieving fool. I trained her myself and one of the first things I taught her was to go get the paper in the driveway every morning. Now, she was typical lab and would tear up an anvil but she would retrieve any and everything if given the chance. She got loose early one Sunday morning and when I got up she was at the door with 7 or 8 newspapers. It was still early so I gathered them up and went down the street throwing papers in the driveways that didn't have one. She would do that with anything from the neighbors, shoes, toys, water sprinklers, even found a head of cabbage in the garage one day from a neighbor's garden.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 07:22 PM
we had a half lab half golden growing up. Awesome dog but she got into a lot of trouble like most labs do. My dad used to whip her with the newspaper when she'd rip something up. We also had a Lhasa Opsa that used to try to bite the UPS man. The Golden/Lab would bite the Lhasa by the back of the neck and hold him until the UPS man got to the door, delivered the package, and got back in his truck. He loved the golden. Those deliveries worked out well, but our newspaper man was apparently not doing as good of a job. My dad called and complained and they swore they were delivering them still, but my dad figured they were PO'd at the dogs sitting out by the road getting too close to the traffic. he cancelled the subscription in frustration. A few years later we were mowing the yard about 100 or so yards from the house (had about four acres), and found a newspaper sticking out of the ground. Then we found a bunch of them... the golden had been getting them and burying them so she wouldn't get whipped any more.

Political Hack
10-25-2013, 07:39 PM
another one... we've got a Yorkie now. He's a pest and is uncontrollable.

we lived in Baltimorenin an area called Canton. Cool neighborhood of row homes with lots of restaurants and bars on the bay. some people we're moving in 2 doors down when Dutch split out the front door & ran into the street. I yelled at him bad and he panicked. Turned around and ran straight into the neighbors open door as they were bringing stuff in. Apparently they were painting too. I ran after him into their house to see him dash through the paint pan in the middle of the floor, track white paint all over their living room and kitchen and then run back out. I didn't know what to say so I just smiled and said "welcome to the neighborhood."

Dawg61
10-25-2013, 07:56 PM
I had a roommate in college that had a chocolate lab. The dog was hilarious. One time we ordered a pizza from Papa Johns and went outside to smoke before we ate and the dog ate the entire pizza. We laughed at him for the rest of the night. He threw up about 4 times. Same dog also taught himself to pee in the toilet all by himself. We never attempted to teach him. I miss that dog.

State82
10-25-2013, 08:00 PM
That's a couple of classics there PH and D61. Gotta love those labs. Best dogs ever.